Solution to "Can't log in to game after changing password" / “Authentication Failure. Please note that passwords are case sensitive. (14)”

My experience with the change password system of Age of Conan sites was frustrating to say the least. However, unlike other poor souls who have had weeks or even months of being unable to log into the game after changing their password, after 2 days of researching plus trial and error the solution I have found is actually embarrassingly simple.

Step 1 - Go to this site: https://account.ageofconan.com/

Step 2 - Click “Forgot your password?”

Step 3 - Enter your User Name or Email

Step 4 - Go to your email and copy the randomly generated password that they assign your account.

Step 5 - Launch Age of Conan and enter that password upon reaching the Username and Password screen.

You can now play Age of Conan. Leave the randomly generated password alone and use that from now on. Just save that password in Notepad or something so that you can copy and paste it. If you try to change the password to something you prefer you will find yourself in the same situation and will have to repeat these steps.

3 Likes

Doesnt work with me.

Doesn’t work for me either

dont help, same error! Funcom broke something again? I cant log in on new account too

Same problem, dosent work for me to.
I need help

Try changing it at the old account management page.
https://register.ageofconan.com/account

Just navigate to the change password tab

There are options for multi level passwords for account management, in game password or both. You can have a different password for both and that’s why your in game login is not updating. You are only updating the account management password with the new website. Your in game pw remains unchanged.

This has been a PSA from your friendly neighborhood Spreadman

If this solution helps you drop by and say hi!

I do not have a character by that name

I have the same problem, Unable to connect after changing my password, please help!

i have the same problem. none of the methods work. what am i supposed to do now?

First time here. I just dowloaded the game and I have tried every solution I found in this forum, and still won’t let me login :frowning:

same issue in 2024; I can reset the password on the website but it won’t work for the game client.