Some feedback from a new player

Thanks for the response…hmmm interesting.

As far as I can see the timer is still working, the progress bar is still moving (at a glacial pace) and the gruel is still being consumed. I think the thrall will finish tonight (must be around 95%+ finished), once that is done I will maybe try it again with a t1 thrall to see if it’s a bug and repeatable.

I have built the standard wheel which is working fine and has a thrall taskmaster on it so no need for the lesser wheel…I’m now doing this out of curiosity and bloody mindedness, I no longer need the thrall.

Good luck let us know what happens

So the Thrall finally broke…after 5 days. I did place a t1 mob in the wheel afterwards and the speed seemed normal…so not repeatable…very odd…wheel is now deleted.

On another issue, the reason I was training up thralls and pets like crazy was my purge meter was reaching the bar. It’s my first purge so wasn’t sure what to expect, I just didn’t want them to trash my base. Loads of grind and upgrading my outer wall to stonebrick etc…

The purge initiated last night and attacks my starter beach hut I built on the noob river when I first spawned…seriously?

So do I now have to go back an delete / destroy all of my previous homes?

A little more feedback…that was a bit of a letdown, please fix the purge to attack where you are actually based.

The Purge randomly selects one of your structures to attack. It doesn’t care if you live there or if it is just a bridge you built over a ravine. Where the Purge is attacking will be marked on your map as two crossed red swords, so you can head there as soon as you get the ten minute warning.

Ok thx for the info.

I saw the 2 crossed swords on the map which is how I knew it was my noob hut.

Without meaning to be negative but that makes little sense…I guess it must be tricky to program it especially if a player or group has a few bases. I didn’t fancy facing the purge on my own with a pet or thrall, figured I’d get overwhelmed.

I’ll just go back and delete my other buildings and hope they attack my base next time.

Yeah the game is going to have a hard time determining where you actually live. Not to mention they don’t WANT you to have any control over the Purge. Not where, not when, or even if you get hit. They don’t even care if you’re online for it (unless singleplayer offline).

They are raiding structures trying to get materials and food. They don’t care if you live there or not.

Im not sure if mentioned but get Yog. Hes easy to get and food galore with a great heal. His item repairs with bones which are easy to get.

Go to a Defari camp. Kill. Harvest meat with Yogs cleaved. Collect bones from boxes.

Mitra is next on your list to get. Unless you already have.

Yog is great for starters as is mitra. However Yog is more forgiving becaise his healing item also provides food and water.

Now you will have 2 sources lf healing that is reliable before you can make potions of aloe.

When I started I chose Set as my religion but then found Yog on Noob River. It was night and day after that and the content becomes a snap.

Also the 1st perk in survival can help when you first start.

1 Like

Thx for the info. Funnily enough I just built a pit of yog, until now (lvl 40) I’ve not had any interest in any of the religion stuff so it’s good to know it has some benefits.
As I play SP I’ve not much interest in the religious aspect of the game and have no real interest in developing it past the basic or mid level, I won’t be summoning avatars and it seems like a lot of work. Quite like the set religion for the snake arrows though.

The statue of freshement is amazing. Literally one of the best religious items out there.

Having a well without the need to feat w well is great. They look good and are highly functional.

1 Like

Be careful around Yog Pits, they are lethal to you and a pet or thrall follower. If you have a companion on follow, stay away from the area of any Yog Pit. A companion can accidentally path into the pit, so it’s best to set pets or thrall followers on Guard when walking around the yogga.

I regularly sacrifice thralls to yog once they have been upgraded.

1 Like

Thx for the info…unfortunately a touch late…lost my first pet to the yog pit, wasn’t sure why it died suddenly but it must have been that.

Not learnt mitra yet but I’ve only got limited space in my base and I’ve already got the well feat. That will have to wait for the next base I build in the north.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.