Star metal - harvesting issue

I have had it 4 times now where I try to expose the star metal ore with fire orbs but the rock never breaks down. I made sure to hit it dead on with the fire orb, but nothing happens. And other ones I have no problem with, one shot with a fire orb and it breaks apart. I also tried keeping the flames going with grease orbs. I went through about 8 grease orbs on each of the nodes I had trouble with. Still nothing.

The first time this happened, I noticed that the star metal node was partially inside a rock. After wasting 8 grease orbs, I tried breaking the rock first and then hitting it with the orb. Once the rock was gone, I was able to break the star metal node with one fire orb. The other 3 times though, this was not the case - there was no rock partially merged with the star metal orb.

1 Like

this is an issue they claimed to have resolved a while back, but it still isn’t. I did a video where I spammed a node with something like 50-60 explosions and it would not break.

1 Like

Known issue. If you don’t see any cracks after 1 orb/arrow move on to the next.

1 Like

actually they claimed to have improved the situation. They fully admitted that it wasn’t entirely fixed but that it should be better than it was… which is actually true.

Edit: I can’t find it in the flood of topics at the moment, but the gist of it was something like increasing it’s sensitivity to nearby explosions, making it take less to destroy or something. They basically said that it should help many cases but not all, which I’m finding to be true.

2 Likes

I dug it up. I guess it could be read either way. I took it to mean that all nodes would now work as intended, but maybe they only meant the good nodes work better.

“Fixed an issue with Star Metal Nodes not taking enough damage to break their shell”

1 Like

Yeah, that one I found. But there was another topic where they went into length about how they went about dealing with it and basically said there’s still some that just aren’t working.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.