Star Metal meteorites will not crack open!

Game mode: [ Select one: (Online official)]
Type of issue: [ Select one: Bug]
Server type: [ Select one: PvE ]
Region: [ EU ]
Hardware: [ PS4 PRO ]

Bug Description:

Star metal nodes most of the time will not crack open with explosives. Explosive jars don’t seem to work at all. Oil orbs followed by demonfire orbs only works sometimes

1. Find star metal node
  2. Use explosive jar or oil/demonfire orbs
  3. Most meteorites won’t crack open regardless of what method or which angle
  4. (etc)
1 Like

Try explosive arrows. Vary your aim from top to bottom.

1 Like

Ya this problems been around a long time. Sometimes u just have to give up. Sometimes shooting from a longer distance or moving around helps. I have learned after 3 arrows forget it.

1 Like

Sometimes you can run out of rendering distance and then come back. Try it only once at that point. Otherwise, just let it go.

1 Like

One fire orb is always enough … If I fail in the second one I do exactly that. Go away and come back if its still not working then I just ignore this meteorite :slight_smile:
You don’t need oil or jars… The cheapest way for me seems to be fire orbs

1 Like

Orbs work, but I am an explosive arrow type. They’re lighter, and you get quite a few with ingredients. They are much more expensive though.

2 Likes

@speedice :+1:t6:
Yes but easier to crack the ones on the side hills or edges :wink:, so explosive arrows are way better yes. If it doesn’t crack for me I change aiming spot and side, some take one, others take more (bugged), but they all break at the end.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.