State of the Game (Returning Player - WTF, Y tho ?)

Building is still playing the game. The building system is game content. It’s just not linear. It’s a system that lets us choose how to use it.

So 1000 hours spent building a city in the Exiled Lands is equally valuable as playing time than playing 200 five-hour dungeons that change every playthrough if it’s what the player wants to do. If you don’t like building and feel that you must spend 1000 hours to build your base, it’s as bad as if you don’t like grinding dungeons and feel that you must complete a dungeon 200 times to get the materials or loot you want. (It doesn’t really matter if the dungeon is different every time if dungeon-hacking isn’t what you want to do in the first place.)

4 Likes

My comment was in reply to

How long is long enough? A typical AAA title gets boring in about 8-15 hrs whereas CE typically keeps people busy for 100s - 1000s of hours.> Blockquote

The game out of the box natively does not hold thousands of hours of content. You can level to 60 and run every dungeon in 2 weeks without grinding. Now if you have a good imagination and like building that is different the sky is the limit of how many hours you get out of the game.

I myself have a vast kingdom on the server I play on because I no longer have anything to do besides keep building.

1 Like

The best that this game has are the buildings … without a doubt.
The pvp climate is cool, although funcom doesn’t know how to balance it at all.
But buildings are gold.
Btw, you can level up from level 1 to 60 in about 6 ~ 12 hours without help from anyone, on both maps.
With a help from a wealthy ally you can do it in 30 min :joy:

1 Like

I am also a returning with around 4,164 odd hours, 136 odd hours on The isle of siptah.
(Early Access)
I play PVP servers but i mostly do my own thing.
Healing items, I prefer potions. Bandages are for after fights are done or you are safe.
Food, being worked on but yeah it sucks to see all those recipes so weak.
The Meta is a joke for those of us who know it’s weakness.

1. The game is buggy mess but it’s still playable and has shown improvements, not as many as I would like to see but they are getting there.

2. Why invest time and money into anything? a good question. Maybe to see something improve and grow?

3. I know it’s buggy but at this point let you’re friends make their own opinions of this one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.