Stealth Croms Blade Nerf

Go conan sub reddit search the threads for similar topics (SoC bugged etc.) and i am sure you will find it :+1:t2:. Not that hard (litte pro tip: topics on which devs replied, are marked)

Sword of Crom now has a 5 sec delay on it. So your thrall will do a heavy combo (doing 364~ dmg or 52 dps) then will constantly back up for 5 seconds until the swords cool down is finished. Then walk to the mob again (hopefully not miss) and do another heavy combo.

Basically a useless weapon now.

2 Likes

@Hugo any chance we can get this info communicated via the official forum. If devs are truly shining light onto this topic, it would be great to see it here on this forum, hopefully the primary medium of communication to your player base :kissing_heart:.

Thanks

2 Likes

If this is how it is supposed to work, its not. The thralls will usually ā€œbreakā€ and just stop fighting. Also that 5 second delay seems more like a 30 minute coffee break. My Crom swords now molder in chests and cabinets along with the other useless/nerfed items.

2 Likes

Woohoo!!! Add crom sword to the list of now useless legendaries alongside lifebloodspear!!!

3 Likes

My 2 Crom Blades now decorate my bedroom. Although it is hard to tell that they are Crom because they look like Papyrus blades.

Nah, itā€™s easy to tell the difference. If itā€™s a Papyrus Blade, one of my thralls is wielding it. If itā€™s on the wall, itā€™s a Sword of Crom.

(I still donā€™t own a Sword of Crom. Itā€™s a pity, I wanted to run some field tests with it, for science.)

3 Likes

I own one of each, the old one with 127 modded DPS and the new one with 97 DPS. Both cause my thralls to bug out now. The science of it is a paradigm shift.

lightsaber-640x429

10 Likes

now we need to add the bearer backpack for the meme to be complete :joy: a good one though.

2 Likes

As someone above said, itā€™s not just Crom, I think. After patch Thrall AI is worse, they donā€™t attack that often, even when weapons are not switched.

Itā€™s true the AI is totally messed up & Thralls do not attack AT ALL sometimes, but I think someone looked in the devkit & found there is a 5sec delay specifically for the Sword of Crom.

Anyways, Itā€™s literally a meaningless item now unless you get it before you can make steel swords. here is Sethumā€™s vid on it

The delay is fine in its idea. But not in practice on a thrall.

First the delay is to long. Bringing the dps of this rare weapon down below most craft-able flawless weapons.

Second problem is the thrall AI that just back pedals because of the delay.

1 Like

Give us back our Sword of Crom and make the Lifeblood Spear what it used to be, Nerf the life Bloodā€™s damage so it is unusable for combat but it still has itā€™s utility function. Fix the Sword of Crom these two weapons were worth the grind but now they are useless.

Probably not the most popular opinion butā€¦ I donā€™t care.

Sword of Crom is now useless ? Lifebloodā€™s spear is now useless ? Yes they are.

Andā€¦ so ? Iā€™ve a large 6x6 rooms decorated with all useless legendary weapons of the game, they are a lot more times the usefull ones.

Being rare and being powerfull are two different concepts.

They was ā€˜neededā€™ ? No.

I gived the sword of crom to my follower and I was disappointed not to find in the release notes the change, just because itā€™s not happy when you fight a boss discover your thrall do not fightā€¦ thatā€™s true.

But honestly before of my finding of this sword and now, when this sword is useless, I used the Blade of the Adventurer andā€¦ well no changes.

Thralls was war machines before and they are now with it, I just soloed the Warmakerā€™s Sanctuary without any problem at all.

So excuse me, but honestly the only real reason of this weapons seem to be upset PvPlayers, Iā€™m not, playing PvE-Conflict butā€¦ I never needed them, they was annoying for someone, they nerfed them.

Thatā€™s ok for me, just next time Iā€™d appreciate if you tell me you nerfed them BEFORE I do a boss fight :sweat_smile:

there was no real good Reason to nerf crom & lifespear, they are very rare weapons they should be opā€¦

actually there is lot of new weapons in war maker dungeon who are very op, and that is good, we need a lot of diversity (the path they clearly took with last patch); and so now we need to have back lifeblood & crom; because yes acutally they are totally worthless.

As I said I have a 6x6 room decorated with TONS of really rare weapons really bad compared with the things I can craft by myself.

Being rare and being powerful are 2 different concepts :wink:

Iā€™ve never see someone complaining about the Mazzapicchio (italian in-game name for english Bec-de-courbin wich makes me laugh because in italian it also means ā€œcrappy maceā€) beingā€¦ well a crappy mace :smile:

and so now there is at least 4 others ultimate weapon in warmarker dungeon that you can find in 3 days; where it can take 1 month or even more to find a crom sword.

and that good to have those new weapons; only problem is now crom and lifeblood are worthless. diversity is the key. not to have tons of useless weapon with a new weapon very op introduced every 3 months and nerfed each time a new one are introduced.

crom and lifeblood desserve to be again realy op; and give an alternative to warmaker weapon.

1 Like

I never used my sword of Crom in PvP. I play on PvP exclusively. The extra dps from it prior to the stealth nerf was nice when doing PVE.

I am again in agreement with you azaroth. The Sword of Crom was never intended to be the ultimate in thrall weaponry. To me thralls being able to perform combos with it was never an intended function. And capitalising on an unintended function to gain an advantage is; an exploit. Because of this it has already recieved a 24.8% nerf to its total damage. Now it cant even kill a puny level 1 Fighter dressed in Coarse clothing on the banks of the Newbie River with a single blow!

I fought hard to have Crom weapons included in this game and finally won, and I dont want to see weapons dedicated to a god who espouses strengthsā€™ weapons turned into either a laughing stock or a paperweight.

Thankyou azaroth, your post captured my sentiment on this issue perfectly.

1 Like