Theres a underlying problem with the teleport system. (Not a problem as in bugged, but its functionality verus ONE-Time cost is way to high.)
Alot of people will be setting up teleport networks/chains in order to keep as much map control as possible, This is going to clutter each obilisks surrounding area with Map-Room Outposts.
(Unless someone happens to be kind enough to not wall it off and leave it as a public use thing, Because then no one else will be required to build one in the area to keep up with everyone else)
Basically this is a topic with a few suggestions pulled from a few different people regarding a limit to teleporting, Feel free to chime in! I’d love to hear some more creative ideas.
- Teleport cooldown, tied between all maprooms. (30minute wait untill you can summon the strength to go through the body phasing magic)
- Limiting map rooms with a player counter: (Cannot own more then 3 maprooms)
- Actually make it so each attunement individual. Meaning you must re-attune in advance to be able to teleport. (It would cancel your previous attunements when learning a new one)
- Map rooms are aggressively attacked by incoming purge mechanics.
- Teleporting requires a consumable item (Religious item? Bought with coins from Relic Hunter City? Corruption gem made with near fatal levels of corruption?)
- A new thrall which is required to teleport, Each obilisk would have a unique thrall within its location(Lots of work for basically one function, Not really worth it, Although i’d love the extra thrall spawns within the radius to partner with this suggestion. More thrall camps! Yeah!)
Limiting things from a different type angle.
Making teleport more of a recovery feature, rather then a full map mobility feature. Example would be your not allowed to travel with more then 20% of your weight.
Maybe your drastically weakened by corruption each teleport? Allowing you to spam teleports to your hearts content, But actually having a drawback for doing so.
Original topic from steam: