Steam Overlay problems

Game mode: Single Player
Type of issue: Performance/Bug? Not sure
Server type: PvE
Region: Local

I got this game for Christmas this past year, and it’s the first game that I’ve ever had problems getting the Steam overlay to work. Shift-Tab does nothing, and it causes F12 and anything else that has to do with Steam to not work. I got it to work for a day, but I have no idea what I did. Does anyone have any ideas?

I’ve figured out that tab just highlights the next available option in the menu or in the pause menu, and it also shows statistics for certain building items when you place your curser on them and hold tab, but is that preventing my steam overlay from working?

Also, when I try to invite a friend, it brings up steam overlay, but the game doesn’t seem to recognize that it’s there, and, unless I restart the game, I can’t leave the friends list, and it is simply permanently there. How can I get the Steam overlay to work… without reinstalling the game?

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Start game through Steam
  2. Try to open Steam Overlay using Shift+Tab, but only highlights options in the menu.
  3. Use menu options to open “Help” or “Barbarian Edition,” brings up Steam overlay, but cannot get out of it without exiting the game, or on server, use “Invite Friends” in pause menu, but does the same thing.
  4. Have to either exit game, or use none of these options. Not sure this can be replicated on any computer other than mine. Is there an issue with my computer? Or have we seen this problem before?

If you go to your Steam Library and right click Conan Exiles you can look at the Properties. Make sure the Steam overlay is enabled like in this pic …

Good luck !

Regards

jim

1 Like

Also watch out because on windows 10 “game optimizations” and “game bar” might give some conflict with steam. I had lag problems, i disabled all windows 10 “gaming” features and lag’s gone.
Just say’n.

2 Likes

That was the first thing I tried. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

That might be something I try. I’ll mention whether it works or not.

1 Like

Neither of these options work. Is there anything else anyone can think of? There has to be a way to get Steam overlay to actually work…

1 Like

I have it disabled because it messes up my streaming software and my ability to quick move in the inventory while auto-walking-running. So I can’t be of any help, sorry.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.