Stop Asagarth denizens from respawning so fast!

Ok… I looked, and could not find it in the settings.
(Single-player)

• How can I make it where people don’t respawn 10sec after I kill them? lol!
    Seriously, I can go to the city in the north - try to raid it… step away from an area, they respawn as Im trying to clear the camp - and get trapped. (not that bad, just kill them again - but for rp its off)

Even if you could get the whole city to stay in sync with the kills (i.e. one area doesn’t automatically get a magical supply of new recruits while Im still there - there is the matter of how fast they do pop up)

Would love to have a timer I could set - does it exist?
Is this Admin only and not an admin setting? (i.e. you cant, apparently set a permanent start the game at dawn - but in Admin, each and every time - unfortunately you have to do it if you want it - you can go in and set it to be dawn.)

Thanks!

Is this new behavior since yesterday’s patch? Also, are you playing offline, or on a server? Any mods?

I ask because respawns seem to be at the usual 15-minutes on the official I play on.

I don’t know if there is an in game setting. there is one on server side for owners, thrall re-spawn rate. Check the settings for something similar. My first guess if there is one, to adjust the slider to the right to slow down re-spawn times.

1 Like

Single-player… no mods :slight_smile:

• Essentially they may take 15min to respawn, but the city as a whole is not treated as a whole…
    i.e. move to the back, and all the people upfront respawn faster.

This has been like this for awhile actually.

1 Like

Hmm, so to clarify, are you saying:

A. If you kill the NPCs over by the front gate, run to the opposite side where the chieftain spawns, and then run back, the guys at the front gate will have immediately respawned

OR

B. If you work your way around the city killing everyone you meet, the guys at the start are beginning to respawn as you finish up.

I ask because A. sounds like either a bug or a systemic deficiency in how single-player keeps track of time, whereas B. sounds like my experience online since they made all the NA NPCs go to boot camp (i.e. they’re tougher and it takes longer to kill them now). Just trying to figure out which issue you’re having.

A mix of both - but Ill clarify.

Lets say you are outside the city gates, take a left to the hut (archer is behind, typically) and someone who get stuck in the huts doorway. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have had it, multiple times, where you can climb over the fence beside it, to the city - go back over, and someone will have replaced - almost immediately.

• Secondly - in the heart of the city, once clearing them out - it feels like they do stay dead long, but - in truth - the spawn rate still seems fast for those that may be to the far left of the chiefs building in the back.

Its been like this, forever, how I can remember - Ive had it reinstalled a couple of times… verified files.
NEver modded, etc.
Its not horrible, but very noticeable by the gate entrance - definitely cant walk to my house by the lake beside it and back without a respawn of - what is now - two wolves, an archer and someone else.

I believe that areas must have an instant spawn once you get to far from one point… the issue is, not that big of a circumference. (Like the plateau to the south of the city, that is right below the small lake and pond. (Two towers on the east and west)

It could be incorrect, as I haven’t really raided those areas recently - but I could say you could easily raid one, go to the other and they definitely would respawn before 15 min (again, in this situation it feels more like an area limit - not large, but once out… they are back.)

For role-playing sakes, it would be better if they stayed dead a full day at least (or have the option to customize)

Either way - thanks!

Its a single player issue due to how single player is rendered. Don’t think there is a fix for this, or similar other situations where this occurs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.