Strength melee damage bonus

Hi everybody!
One question,

How is it possible that a RHTS lvl 0 with +9 str (by armor) (STR Stat = 0 (+9) = 9, has a + 7% Strength melee damage bonus and a Cimmerian Berseker lvl0 with +4 str (by armor) (STR Stat = 15 (+4) = 19) also has a + 7% Strength melee damage bonus?.

Both tharlls do practically (230 vs 233 with Star Metal Great Sword) the same damage!
It seems that a RHTS with STR Stat = 9 has the same Strength melee damage bonus (7%) and does the same damage as a Cimmerian Berseker with STR Stat = 19

It seems that the Strength melee damage bonus grows faster (adding the same STR points) on a RHTS than on a Cimmerian Berseker.

Can someone explain this?. TY

(Sorry for my english)

The 7% you’re referring to, I’m assuming you’re talking about the food buff, is only an additional 7% chance to level strength on the next level up.

Both the Cimmerian Berserker and RHTS have hidden damage multipliers (you can see them in admin mode) which are about equal.

Hi, thanks for answering but no, i’m talking about Strength melee damage bonus, the bonus that the tharll gets thanks to the strenght points your tharll has.
For a lvl 0 Cimmerian Berseker is 5% (STR Stat=15)

Here is how the math is broken down for the stats you supplied above.
Berserker has a damage modifier of 2.24 swinging a star metal great sword with 58 damage and 19 ap
2.24 * .07 = .1568
2.24 * 58 = 129.92
129.92 + 0.1568 = 130.0768
Swinging on an unarmored target light attack did 140
130.0768 + 19 = 140.00 with some rounding.
RHTS has a damage modifier of 2.21 with the same sword 58 damage and 19 ap
2.21 * .07 = 0.1547
2.21 * 58 = 128.18
128.18 + 0.1547 = 128.3347
Swinging on an unarmored target with a light attack 138
128.3347 + 19 = 138 with in game rounding again.

Now this probably doesn’t answer the question you are really asking, I think what you are trying to ask is.

Why does the Cimmerian Berserker require 19 points in strength to reach a 7% damage increase. When the RHTS achieves the 7% damage increase with only 9 points in strength?

It’s a good question. To which I would also like to know the answer.

1 Like

Thanks for answering Wak4863.
Yes, my question was (yes, I have to learn more english):
“Why does the Cimmerian Berserker require 19 points in strength to reach a 7% damage increase. When the RHTS achieves the 7% damage increase with only 9 points in strength?”

On the other hand, does a 7% Strength melee damage bonus, really only add .1568 of the 140 damage (Berseker)?
Then, increasing strength is not very recommended for a thrall, is it? Better, increase vitality.

The Strength increase is small in comparison to the Vitality increase but this is also based on thrall as well. They have different increases in vitality as well.

Yes, true.

Well, thank you.

I hope someone has the answer to my question.

1 Like

It’s the multiplier of the top of my head the multiplier of the RHTS is higher than the one of the berserker, I do not know the exact numbers but imagine a berserker having a multiplier of 1.50 and a RHTS a multiplier of 2.0, it means the berserker will need 20:x0.5 = 10 more points in strenght to get the same damage bonus on level 20 as a RHTS does, I hope this answers your question

Edited for grammar

Hi.
Yes, a “hidden” multiplier by race answer the question.
Do you know if this multiplier really exist?, and is it only for strength or accuracy has other multiplier?

I have a lvl 15 Dalinsia with 48 str, her Strength melee damage bonus is 14%
I have a lvl 20 RHTS with 28 str, her Strength melee damage bonus is 23%

Dalinsia has 20 more in strength but 9% less in damage bonus
It’s too much difference

https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Relic_Hunter_Treasure_Seeker_(Fighter)

This is the link for the wiki on the RHTS stating its multiplier, which is 2.21, if you type in the cimmerian berserker in the search list it should show you their multiplier aswell, a lot of information on thralls and pretty much everything else can also be found on this wiki, in several languages

Edit: there is a multiplier for both accuracy and strength

Yes, I knew that url.
That multiplier is applied to damage (see wak4863’s calculations)
This multiplier is higher for the Berseker (2.24) than for the RHTS (2.21), so it does not explain the difference in the Strength melee damage bonus.
If this multiplier was used, the Berseker would have a higher Strength melee damage bonus.

Has the page been updated to post nerf values?

Yes the page is updated since nerf.

Here’s a video with all the values updated since the nerf.

You can find other videos on my channel that explain the damage increase as well.

Thank you I was sure it would have had been aswell

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.