Suggestion for pvp --- MAIN : GOOMBA BUILD RIDICOLOUS

The Goomba PvP Meta absolutely broke 3.0. 2.8 you needed specific high end gear to use the build but with 60 points you can double jump and carry over weight and naked goomba. it’s the lowest risk highest reward build in the game. A one shot build you never have to attack with. Having such a cheesy build reduces the PvP combat from the dark souls experience into a Mario 64 MMO.

2 Likes

There is no easy fix after 3.0 messy overhaul of the talent tree. 2.8 it was difficult to build and you had to risk a endgame kit. I’m not sure if it’s better to leave it a broken Meta or to remove carry weight kills thus stripping away the depth of play that existed in 2.8

The Goomba WHAT? It started out as the Tower of the Elephant. And then some idiot decided to change it into a weapon. How many people are going to let someone jump on top of their head. I will kill them first and then take their rocks away. And build a shroud of there rocks around them

Concordo o pvp terminou com a atualização de 3.0 antes era bons tempos mas isso não irá voltar mais é como a atualização da escalada e do cavalo que aliás estava ótimo antes de atualizar então já considero que o pvp morreu junto com a atualização SORCERY vou deixar um F para quem jogou antes

F

Why was this topic opened a month later for no apparent reason?
Maybe it was accidental by @Cattibria ?

I’m just asking cuz it literally makes no sense :stuck_out_tongue: We had a ton of other threads on the subject and this one isn’t any “better” than any of those…

Heck, I even made my own proposal for a solution and even that’s locked :joy:

On top of it we have a new chapter upcoming which may or may not change some mechanics so it might become confusing / irrelevant (I don’t have the beta downloaded so wouldn’t know)

Oh well, I’m just confused by this is all I’m saying

I reopened it since it was the youngest post on the topic to merge a new one with it…

2 Likes

Ah, I see.
Well, here’s a younger one that was far more active btw in case that helps :slight_smile:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/goomba-stomping/219240

As far as i am concerned goomba stomping is cheating. You shouldnt be able to insta kill someone by running around with a bunch of stone inbthe inventory and jumping on their head. If you cant fight then learn how and quit cheap shotting people

3 Likes

I feel the same way about dagger users on official.

2 Likes

Yup goomba needs to go. Daggers aren’t insta kill so a lot less of a problem (still cheesy when you add in lag)

2 Likes

Except that there’s an entire achievement associated with it. Seems like a pretty intentional mechanic on FC’s part. Not some sort of weird oversight.

3 Likes

I would theorize that carrying 200k worth of stone is not a possible feat for any human, therefore anyone doing it is cheating as well.

1 Like

You’re right. I also agree that the 5th encumbrance perk should be removed from the game. I’m glad we see eye to eye on that.

4 Likes

As long as a sheet of paper and a grown elephant take up the same amount of space in our inventory, and we can carry the same amount of things naked as we can with a backpack, I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the weights of stuff.

5 Likes

U can goomba stomp them right back if they are over enc and u land on their head without being over enc yourself u kill them.

@Dean994 I’m aware that’s the way it’s always been but I’ve been fighting a clan who usually runs 3 goomba builds. I’m not sure if lag has something to do with it but the last few times I jumped on their head the actually did not die. I need to do a proper test to see if they changed something recently.

Also this is a common thing people say “ just jump on them” and to that I’ll say easier said than done especially when you have gear to loose and they just have carpets to loose. It screams inexperience to pvp

3 Likes

Are you just saying this because you actually care about the achievement or you know achievements aren’t easy to change?

I highly doubt funcom intended on naked players double jumping with 500 carpets in their inventory. There’s been some good solutions posted that hopefully funcom will listen to. They were posted I’m a different thread

2 Likes

The game changed. Before with the old SAVAGES attribute system, you actually had to find specific legendaries that give +Agility and +Encumbrance, to be able to have a usable Mario Goomba stomping build. It was not really viable, because once you die, you lost your armor, rendering your build invalid (perks are not achieved).

With the change of the attribute system, the +Attribute got replaced and special equipment is not needed anymore to get to the perks. It is easier now to specialize in a Mario Goomba stomping build, you can even run it naked.

This was a huge change and I am pretty sure Funcom did not think about the achievement at all when designing the new system. It is an oversight now and should be fixed.

A possible solution would be to change the instakill to damage over time, so you need to stand idk 5 seconds on a player to kill him. Does not hurt the achievement and balances PvP.

9 Likes

You can do that completely naked as well. Sounds nice on paper, like here on the Forums, but the reality is different.

Imagine you are raiding someone. You carry some bombs so you are not overenc in your fighter spec. You start raiding their 10k building piece base. Suddenly someone jumps on you from above, no way you could see that coming. You are instantly dead without being able to react and lost valuable raiding materials.

Is that fair?

As a normal reaction, you will go back naked with double jump thirsty for revenge, trying to kill them for 10, 20, 60 minutes, just for them to respawn and continue with what they were doing before with the stashed leather or stones they have. You are wasting your time you could’ve spent on raiding their base, which you can’t, because of a cheap oneshot mechanic.

5 Likes