Time to fix the last one shot mechanic?

“Goomba” is amongst the worst mechanics when it comes to player vs player. Yes it’s nothing “new” been around for years but not to this extent.
Official servers are 4x harvest. At level 20 you can effectively get enough points to one shot another level 60 fully geared player.
At level 40 you can get enough points to have glutton for punishment so you can survive a few pokes before jumping on another fully geared player.
At level 60 you are now a one shot ninja that can jump twice as high, survive a bit of abuse and easily kill a fully geared player.

All of this while being naked with stone tools. The end result is people don’t gear up anymore. I guess scared to lose the gear you’ve actually had to grind a bit for.
This situation is unfolding before my eyes on offical and I see no reason why this can’t be balanced out. the only thing that is convenient about this ability is to have some form of offense while farming. If only there was a way to link it specifically to farming.

At no point in conan should naked encumbrance be a meta. Now you add in the poor server performance on any busy server, you get players who don’t even do the double jump animation. They basically float up in the air. Fun stuff

5 Likes

Step 1: Join Server
Step 2: Level to 60
Step 3: Collect shaleback babies
Step 4: Step on players

Before the attribute rework in 3.0, you actually had to obtain legendary gear in order to get to 50 AGILITY and 50 ENCUMBRANCE.

7 Likes

Easily? I mean… yeah its a bit of a silly mechanic but… I’m imagining pvp dominated by spinning yoyo exile dongs and I have a hard time believing its the goto attack style. Perhaps I’m wrong but, the mental picture it conjures can’t be standard practice… brings new meaning to a “panty raid”.

2 Likes

it’s a steam achievement it won’t be changed

2 Likes

You are

2 Likes

That’s no reason to keep it that way it is. I didn’t say take it out completely. I’m saying a naked player should not be able to double jump and one shot a fully geared player.

5 Likes

Exactly and it wasn’t used unless you were defending your base which was fine but now it’s far to easy/cheesy

1 Like

I guess I don’t know why I’m surprised. Logged into Rust once to being insta attacked by naked people with stones and someone yelling over voice chat about someone taking their machete so… never played that again.

2 Likes

I agree, it needs to be toned down.

Question is how we want to approach this?

1. Make it so it knockdowns enemies for few seconds instead?

2. Make it so it does half hp damage in pvp?

Knowking how funcom ‘fixes’ things it would be sad the feature would be just deleted.

I think it should be fixed like this: (best way in my opinion)

Add ruleset in code for double jump perk - when its on character becomes ‘lighter’ which nullifies effect of deadly jump (damage entities while being overcumbered).

2 Likes

This does make a lot of sense, and wouldnt be the first time a perk is taken at the expense of some other utility. It kinda fits the theme of the new post 3.0 perk system.

2 Likes

I think that perk should just help the farming. It doesn’t make any sense abuse with this stuff in pvp. The only fights i’m having since 3.0 its all about naked with bad gears trying to jump on people head.
That’s all.
So, how we want to approach this?
Just remove this stupid stuff. Oneshot stuff should no exist in pvp game.
There is literally no pvp now.

1 Like

Lol, it never ends, abusive gameplay in PvP

2 Likes

Damage over time. Just as if you are drowning. People can still be killed then for the achievement but it can’t be abused for cheap oneshot.

1 Like

They nees to code it where you cant double jump when over encumbered even with beast of burden perk. It shoukd be possiboe, as without beast of burden it stops dodging, just use that code and tweak it.

2 Likes

Just remove oneshot and no one will ever complain about it again.

2 Likes

Re-posting my suggestion.

2 Likes

Beast of Burden simply needs to be replaced with +150 carrying capacity.

No need to change (and thus bug out) the squish mechanic, change a steam achievement, or any other silly bug inducing major changes. Simply change a perk to grant a significant stat bonus.

2 Likes

Yes. I never liked that you can carry and run with no limits.

2 Likes

Been fighting enemy clan for a few months on various servers. They have usually 3-4 dedicated goomba players trying to squish us while we try to fight normally. We are better players than they are so we have beaten them everytime so far but they do get successful crushings on us. It does NOT feel good to out fight a group of players, try to grab their loot and get get 1 shot when we go to grab it. Leave it to funcom to reward players who arent good at tgeir game enough to fight properly. We obviously have our own people goomba stomping to counter them but they would prefer to fight properly.
This game is an absolute disaster right nkw and i have ZERO faith in thia new dev tream at this point. I wanted to give Dennis and the team a chance, i rrally did, but they havr been just as bad as their predecesors. Theyve lied about pay to win items on bazaar and BP, they dont patch bugs in a timely manner, infact introduce new bugs every time making the game even more unbarable. Anyone who doesnt hardcore PvP you probably wont understand these frustrations like PvPers, but this games bad now…really bad.

1 Like

Once i believed that if full encumbrance stopped from this game i’ll quit. Now i feel the exact opposite :rofl::rofl::rofl:. The game is too easy now, the inventory of the player can loose at least the half capacity. I know it’s not enough, but it’s a start.
About the elephant tower… I don’t care, all the times i killed someone like this on the past was clan mates :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I was constantly over encumbered in the base trying to organize the chests. Somebody had to do it!
If Funcom wishes, they can bring it to pve, so i will be able to kill npcs this way, and remove it from pvp.

Imagine this game with minors… Omg :person_facepalming:t3:. I am pretty sure most of the players that use this method are 12 year old boys… But i can’t prove it and i don’t want actually, no way!

2 Likes