Suggestion: How to fix AoC. Hear me out!

Funcom just need to make aoc 2 we are flogging a dead horse here. Too much wrong with the game its old let’s start fresh

That would just be tactical in my view, plus those players who are not pvp flagged get NO PvP XP or pvp quest credit, tokens etc. I realize some folks don’t need all of that but it’s a tradeoff.

this is a good idea that would probably be vital to this method’s success. make it so you can’t change your pvp status while in zone. otherwise this would definitely be infuriating to play against people switching it on/off to never die. It’s already annoying enough having people swim away, boat away, or run in a straight line until they get OOC and go hide or rest.

That’s not tactical, it would be exploiting a (luckily non existig) game mechanic.

There are always players who just want to cause misery instead of actually playing the game. I dont like giving them additional tools for doing grieving and trolling.

Also there should be some more coding involved because people who are not flagged for pvp should not be able to provide buffs or heals to people who are flagged for pvp.
It would be very annoying to fight a team with healers that cant be killed, or would this also be tactical game play from your point of view?

It would affect heals to guild members and buffs/heals for group members.

Dont get me wrong, I do like the concept, but I think it’s not so easy to accomplish without issues.

1 Like

I agree actually. You should only be able to swap out in the exclusion zones (OT, Khemi, etc.) But I think that would be even easier to implement than what I described! :smiley:

@Deukalion good point, I concede to it and agree that you should only be able to swap pvp on or off in OT, Khemi or Conarch village.

Another thing would be to forbid grouping of people together who aren’t pvp flagged on or off. If u wwant to group with the pvp boys u need to flag for pvp! If you want to raid with the pve boys! you need to flag pvp off!!! :wink:

Basically what I’m saying is, people need to be flagged pvp on or off equally to group up.

Perhaps it would be more “clean” if pvp flagged players would be ported to their own instance.
This way it would be impossible to heal guildies also, and there is no possibility for body blocking.

I can already see 2 mammoths of unflagged players block the doorway at the field of slaughter point in khopshef. Or block the stairs in the khopshef group arena, with casters and rangers standing on the ledge :slight_smile:

Not sure if it’s possible or “easy” to do for funcom

In WoW you only can switch in HUB cities and get 10% bonus (xp money or so) if you are in PvP-mode. You won’t be in the same instance with your non pvp buddies, so you can’t exploit by buffing/healing.

Body block isn’t a big issue. If a caster Spellweaves in there -> hide and sneak through or cast him down. It’s much easier to create a raid with all the toons necessary to circle the spellweaver and zerg everyone down, than to protect him without being in pvp mode by bodyblocking.

I remember mousagana saying that the playfields are super tough to deal with, theres no saved template of the props/animals or npcs so they cant duplicate playzones for other purposes. Using the epic version of the zones somehow sounds like a good idea. Tho with FCs current knowledge (lacking) in AoC it might not be as obvious to them how dead and useless “epic-zones” are these days, they might not wanna stir that pot without context.

That sounds reasonable.

However aren’t instances copies of play fields?

Perhaps its possible to sort people before allocating them to a playfield depending if they are flagged as pvp or pve?
Need to prevent though that people are changing instances somehow.
I’m just making this up as I write though :slight_smile: I have no clue about programming at all :joy::sweat_smile::joy:

I disagree with instancing. It would require way too much effort to implement. PvP flagging is another story.

The coding already exists to make players unattackable in a PvP enabled area. We just make it a toggle with a 15 min CD that can only be toggled in a hub city

You enable flagging then simply merge servers.

No need to complicate things with separate instances. Enough of this separation mindset. We’re better off together!

Besides. Wouldn’t it be cool to finally get into a bar fight? :smirk: You’re in a bar, you flag PVP on and go to town

It’s what funcom promised us in the begining

1 Like

Instancing would probably be easier to implement by far. Flagging would require new functionality to be added to the game. Instancing is literally creating two different play fields where one is pvp enabled, like how Crom has the border kingdoms pvp enabled but regular play fields are not. I can only assume that means the PvP flag is tied to a map, FC would just need to toggle a flag based on whether or not an instance is “epic”.

Adding a flagging system seems like it’d add a bunch of extra crap that would need to be implemented at the character, not the play field itself. I do not want to see people getting griefed because FC messed up (like how a PvE only patch somehow completely broke sieges). I don’t think it’s realistic for FC to attempt flagging, but I’d be happy to see FC prove me wrong!

Instancing is less prone to abuse or bugs.

2 Likes

Listen brother you don’t seem to understand how the game coding is set up you can’t combine PVP and non-PVP rule sets on the same server. Otherwise they would have done that by now. Each server has its own unique code set. This was explained by the previous content creative director who has since quit.

As for flagging

During siege warfare when you are teamed up on a team with people from other guilds you’re generally flagged from PVP against people in the same raid. That’s the system that they need to build on.

Trust me when I tell you instancing is not the way and it was explained by funcom that it would never happen otherwise it would have happened by now.

But with PVP flagging there is a little hope. The coding is there and it works mostly… as far as how it works during siege warfare it has a range limit you must be close to your team leader for the flagging to work.

so you guys should stop derailing my suggestion thread with your own suggestions and make your own thread.

And honestly you need to stop suggesting this dual instancing notion because it has been suggested before as someone once mentioned

And as stated previouslyby funcoms most recent creative director of AOC, that they’re not going to do dual instances on one server. it doesn’t work the way you think it does. And it would break the game.

We’re looking for easy solutions boys and my solution is as easy as it’s going to get. Soon as you put on your thinking caps you’ll understand :+1:

i dont know how to respond to this

where is the current pvp flagging? the dueling arena? where you can only hit the other person with the “dueling” flag?

For aoc to shine first thing that fc must do is revamp of aa system and aa gain. Its too slow.
Second - copy warmode from wow, thats enough.
Third - update graphics, its outdated and not optimised.

Yeah bro, just let me go grab my “update graphic” tool and run it. Should be done without much effort.

1 Like

Fc dud nothing since dragonspine. So yes, they can do that if tgey took their ■■■■■ from chairs

I explained it on stream last night. The current flagging system is in the siege arena. When you are in a raid party with members of the attacking or defending guild you are granted protection from attacks from friendly players who are not in your guild but are in your raid. So long as they’re group team leader is a member of one of the two warring guilds.

Making any sense now brother?

also I did explain this in my post above if you would take the time to read it. :neutral_face:

When Rage came to Fury, I was there. I was in a guild that had meetings on how to handle people merging. I never went to one, I wasn’t an officer, or well known- and never on during the time–

Anyway, exactly what happened is what you say relative to Server merges- Rage came and the population on Fury dropped . I really don’t know, I speculate Rage people quit for the most part, and a lot of Fury people left as well. I can’t really say, because after that I left myself and rolled on Crom- not because of the merge, I wanted to try the PvE server. So my poor Fury characters sit over there, with nothing much to do- though I check in now and again.

Long story short- You are absolutely correct- at least it happened on Fury, the population of both Rage and Fury dropped significantly- imo.

The graphics are pretty Good but you might want to consider a third-party reshader like reshade.

Google AOC reshade. It really does make the game look amazing!

I am happy with the graphics, no bobble-heads like LOTR. Content is what is need, shards in dungeons, incentives to do dungeons, throw another Saga our way, low level pvp, in game sub boxes for FC points, so many ideas could be put in with not much effort

1 Like