Suspended without warning?

Hell yes it was memory intensive - but thats not a rule and it was out of the way the only reason people came there WAS to see that base.
I also like this builder idea as that is my play style - but also note that 1972 is an aussie server and the average pop count is around 3-5 anyway. Balloons to 12-15 on new DLC and free weekends or lockdowns though.

2 Likes

I did submit a ticket - no response yet. And no i really didnā€™t expect it - I really really thought it was some serious lag when i logged in :stuck_out_tongue:
Sandstone would have been a matter of shame for me, and its definitely not a high traffic area there. One of the few places you can actually hide a base that big till people really explore

I think that has to be balanced with the idea that on official public servers, they are a shared resource. If someone wants to recreate the Taj Mahal, thatā€™s when you rent your own server and then can choose to open it to the public, or whoever you want to invite to join.

Particularly on PvE and PvE-C servers where buildings cannot be destroyed, I think people really need to consider building with more of a community mindset. Build what you need, not just what you can, and try to build unobtrusively so it doesnā€™t create a lagfest in high traffic areas. A clan of three doesnā€™t need a 40x40 sandstone box 5 stories high dropped right next to New Asagarth with 100 torches around it. It really doesnā€™t.

1 Like

That sounds like more of a unique situation. I wonder if someone reports an issue, their analysis is simply looking at the object count and if it exceeds a certain (undisclosed) threshold, they act on that. If thatā€™s what is primarily going on, it would be good to give players the tools to know how many objects theyā€™ve placed and if theyā€™re getting close to that limit.

I guess the issue there was if they announced a fixed limit, that would create a problem of its own. People would undoubtably try to game the system, and not all objects are the same. 100 square foundations has a different impact than 100 torches with particle effects and so on.

This might be why it is seems to happen outta no where. Of somehow the entire base is daisychained to that build Iā€™d, the whole base will be deleted, Nd possibly there is an auto report tool that leads to ban. There may not be an actual person logging in and doing the deleting.

I play on 1972, toured Theatrixā€™s base many times. Thought it was a highlight of the server and was open to everyone to use and enjoy, including maproom. It was the main tourist attraction on the server.
My two cents, it should not have been deleted, and should be restored if possible.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not gonna disagree with you. Personally I have no more information than what is presented in this thread, so I canā€™t really say one way or the other.

However, something that you and anyone else with this sentiment need to keep in mind is that restoring that base would require a server rollback. The admins cannot just hit ctrl+z and make his base magically reappear. Everyone on that server would lose all progress made between now and whatever date the backup image is from. That is, if they even have an image to use. So you need to be willing to accept that consequence.

2 Likes

if the admins responded to me id suggest if they do have a server image id just download it, open it in private, do a video of the base for my own memories and cop it sweet.
Otherwise, Iā€™m not sure what kind of control they have over the server pieces - depending on whether the server is broken by in-game region or not, you probably could do my region - nobody else lives within 2 tiles of where that base was.
Considering I havenā€™t heard anything here, or in private I doubt theyā€™ll do anything at all tbh

Iā€™d be betting that is what happened yeah - though confused as to what the trigger was

Except Iā€™m not. If you donā€™t follow rules, you get banned. Donā€™t like the rules, find another server to play on. Thereā€™s 5,000+ servers on PC alone for someone to choose. Thereā€™s bound to be something you agree with. If not, you have a free tool on steam to make your own.

If anyone is playing on a server whoā€™s rules they disagree with. It is their OWN fault they get banned when they eventually break them.

Everyone who has been banned thusfar was banned because they were being a jerk to another player, trying to lag the server, or cheating. These players need to be treated like the lowlifes they are. Laughed at, made examples of, and then ignored. Period.

2 Likes

as below

lol. You skipped the entire point of the discussion with ā€œdonā€™t follow the rules, get bannedā€.

I recognise by your use of ā€œEverybodyā€ that you have a clear insight to every aspect of all instances of building infraction on Conan Exiles but be aware to others it comes off as unjustified excessive certainty. In my own personal opinion there will always be grey areas with requirement for some type of arbitration whether automated or not.

Its not an argument about whether its cool to break rules and get away with it. The gist here cos you clearly havenā€™t read anything, is that there should be an admin discussion to decide between having clear building rules ie. actual caps on footprint, blocks or placeables, or keeping the current more vague rules essentially saying dont screw the system, but introducing either a warning with a timer to comply, or some actual human moderator input to the decision so you can actually arbitrate the ā€œbeing a jerkā€ type buildings.
We arenā€™t talking about deliberately malicious player behaviour thatā€™s not a problem in this thread.

3 Likes

We have mats, thralls and/or whatever else you need to start againā€¦miss you.

P.S. We need a kick-arse arena built <3

Besides his last sentence there I canā€™t really say heā€™s wrong though. I do sympathize with you and Iā€™m sorry you lost your mega-creation. But letā€™s seeā€¦

• 40,000 building pieces.
  • 11,500 placeables.
  • A small city in the valley (I guess you mean of your own construction).
  • Up and over with a series of hanging pathways through the treetops.
  • A secondary citylike section on the plateau.
  • Near the obelisk.
  • 20-30 unique buildings most several stories or larger.
  • ā€œHell yes it was memory intensive.ā€

In reality each and every one of those are violations of the ToS or the spirit of the ToS. And yes even the last one - maybe especially the last one! And all those violations togetherā€¦ yeah, itā€™s not surprising they blew it up. One thing though, whoever told you there was some automated algorithm is probably wrong - Iā€™m 98% sure itā€™s all human - I think even Funcom says so actually.

• Edit:
    They did create something that kills structures around obelisks though if thatā€™s what the person was talking about.

They wouldnā€™t even if they could - which they canā€™t. That would give you the details and efforts of everyone elseā€™s game.

Itā€™s all in one file. Yes it is possible to create an app or utility that could lift out builds or map sections but this doesnā€™t currently exist AFAIK - maybe as a Funcom internal tool but even that I kind of doubt.

As far as some players getting special treatment by having Admins take the time to gently explain things because there was no intended malice, I canā€™t say I really agree. How would that even work? These builds are not being deleted because players are ā€œbeing jerksā€ā€¦ They being deleted because they break the rules. Again, I do sympathize with you, honestlyā€¦ Iā€™ve been kinda keeping track of this issue and hereā€™s what I came up with. This has been going on for 3 or 4 months at least BTW - maybe more.

1 Like

ā€œMassive constructions or over-use of memory intensive items leading to loss of performance both on client and server-side.ā€

Here is where this rule is so dumb that it becomes a problem. Who is deciding how big is too big? Is it Devs? Is it the support team that deletes your base that has no idea about anything in the game outside of login press shift delete. They read the report they login "ah yeh this looks pretty big DELETE > BAN CLAN.

2000 pieces? 5000? 10000? 20000?

I left privates servers 3 years ago because I tired of dealing with admins who donā€™t play the game and have no clue about the game they just run servers because itā€™s what they do.

Itā€™s now worse on official because at least on private servers you can TALK to the admin and try to explain to them. On official youā€™re just met with a ban hammer and your base wiped. Why? because you broke some rule that who the f**k knows how big is too big let alone who deems how big is too big LMAO. canā€™t be asked.

we got clueless devs who donā€™t understand their own game for pvp servers and raiding. Then we get a even more clueless rando support team hired to just delete stuff and ban players. its insane.

2 Likes

When the maths fail you, let common sense rein supreme!

why are we at the mercy of some intern deciding if our bases are too big or not :rofl:

4 Likes

Are you truly that ignorant or are you just pretending?

Please Mr. @Foggy explain how this thread, in which the OP clearly stated that he was blocking a spawn point has ANYTHING to do with a numerical value of building pieces? Explain how you can wrap your head around that utter lack of logic and spew that nonsense out while turning around and attempting to insult another forum user for being the ā€œcringiest posterā€. I would LOVE to see the mental gymnastics you attempt to use to explain this.

1 Like

Not sure if theyā€™re an intern, but yes, thatā€™s basically it. Admins are using some policy sheet or maybe just the same ToS we have, and making common sense judgement calls - in combination with user complaint reports.

So we have to put ourselves and our common senses on the same page with them. Shouldnā€™t be too hard. I mean if I can do it then for sure anyone can. :wink:

So, like in this particular case, If I were @Theatrix I would use the chat on his 1972 server to recruit players over to some private server either of their own making or one that allows unlimited builds - and preferably with no decay timer. Then they can have their mega-cities and really enjoy them without either messing up someoneā€™s game who only has a GTX 480, or worrying about FC trashing their fun.

1 Like

no matter where you build a base youā€™re blocking a spawn point of something be it animals, or resources of any kind. lmao.

• Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, obelisks, resources and other areas of the game.

try again pls

2 Likes