Sword of Crom nerf

Did you mean to say this in another thread? Seems to have nothing to do with the Sword of Crom. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I think this was just one of those things they meant to tackle eventually…
My guess is that when they designed that weapon, they didn’t foresee thralls being able to swing it constantly so that was an unintended side-effect (which many of us thought was the purpose of it actually).
But probably from design that weapon was intended as more of an “artifact”… Just like @Yshtola says… a powerful weapon that nobody can wield effectively, to reflect the personality of the god it represents… and then thralls started swinging it like it’s nothing, completely opposing that idea they had.

Basically it was a bug and was probably on their list for a long time with a very low priority that they couldn’t decide how to tackle effectively… since there is no elegant solution here… they either give thralls a whole stamina system… or they remove the sword altogether… or keep doing what they’ve been doing, ignore it and “call it a feature”…
I guess they eventually made a decision and went with this in-between solution where the weapon is still there with its gimmicks, but thralls are unable to bypass that.

2 Likes

Sounds like a accidental nerf maybe? I see no reason why they would do this. I also haven’t tested any exiled weapons to see if they are on par with the crafted weapons as they should be the same or better.

3 Likes

Maces are definitely the top weapon for thralls. The only really benefit to a 2h sword are for killing other players or clearing out a camp to get zeal faster.

1 Like

That’s it. Someone should test this but I bet this is where they are going with it. Players using it as a dodge counter attack weapon…and it’s not that difficult to imagine someone using it this way…now if that is the intent, they should have switched it from normal strength based to agility.

1 Like

Well, it’s definitely not accidental, since it’s in the patch-notes

• Ah Set, here we go again. Sword of Crom will no longer deal damage when equipped by thralls.
3 Likes

I guess I just don’t see the point of it

4 Likes

:point_up_2: This! It wasn’t over powered nor was anyone asking for it to be nerfed. It blind sided me and seems to have no point. :sob: :sob:

4 Likes

To be honest Ive not used legendary weapons in a really long time and now that weapons have had all their perks removed I see even less reason to use them. Its a shame really I would love to see legendary weapons get some love because they add a little bit of spice to the game.

3 Likes

From a lore perspective, it actually makes sense. @Croms_Faithful has emphasized the importance of Crom in the past. No lowly thrall should be able to effectively wield Crom’s sword. Only a true barbarian could be worthy.

2 Likes

Already covered in my response, just saying and I don’t know what the intent is but Agility 20 perk does provide a method for player use that isn’t crippling.

1 Like

I swear to you no 2H sword can match my Gladius.
(100DMG + poison damage + low stamina consumption)

2 Likes

diabolic!

Diabolical GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

Agility 20 perk Rolling thrust: After dodging, your next damaging attack has 25% increase penetration and your next swing costs no stamina.

So you have a 91 base attack and 48% armor pen with no stamina drain in theory by simply rolling out of the way of an attack and counter attacking.

This does need to be vetted because the stamina drain isn’t normal and the perk may not stop the weapons magical drain but on paper…everything should work.

2 Likes

Talking about a thrall weapon here.

1 Like

For my character I haven’t used legendary weapons in a ling time either, but I do equip Thralls with them since decay is not an issue.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it only have concussive from the blunt fitting itself, and so it’d be really low, where Love Tap would seemingly be better?

2 Likes

Crom’s Letter Opener

7 Likes

It doesn’t help that Soc and Papyrus Blade have the same model, which lessens the value of SoC being a wall decoration.

6 Likes

THIS. It has always bugged me that legendaries share skins. I know I know. I want devs focused on other fun things to but I would like legendaries to be uniques but please note that I didn’t say I wanted legendaries eunuchs because apparently that is what happened to SoC :rofl: Couldn’t resist…sorry.

5 Likes