Testlive Patch (11.04.2020) - Followers II Rev.1

While I agree that would be a tough fight, it’s not impossible and easy enough to avoid. Personally, I enjoy the T4 spawnpoints along the newb river.

After a few levels, it gives me the chance to gear up, even if the armor is mostly decayed, and a good source of XP, even weapons that I would not be able to craft for quite a few levels.

Granted, I have a few hours of experience, but dying in the newb area is a part of learning the game.

+1 for T4s.

Regards

jim

Its something on server side, the testlive server seens to crash too from time to time, I think it should be the same problem.

These aren’t that hard to kill. It just takes a little time and gives new players a chance to develop fighting skills.

1 Like

Please dump acc 20 perk Funcom. before doing anything with the 40 perk.

I started the game in February. a T-4 spawned near were I made camp. Not hard to avoid him. Even with no real tutorial in this game I was able to progress just fine. Do not think this needs to be changed at all. As a new player you learn which battles to fight and which to flee. Not hard at all and an important lesson to learn early on. Nothing is wrong with the way it is.

3 Likes

I’ve yet to see one of these five, YES 5, spawns along the river have anything better than an iron weapon. In fact, they will typically use a stone sword, except for Enika who usually has a spear, and Noss who prefers knives. Yes, I’ve seen them all, and I’ve killed them when I was level 10 and naked. It’s not that hard.

I have also levelled up a couple to 20. They are adequate for the desert, but I wouldn’t take them against the King Scorpion.

What I didn’t want to do was point out that although these characters have been in the game at least a year, it is just being written about, and objected to, now.

7 Likes

Guard area does nothing, it works like guard me. If you order the follower to move when in guard area, it will reach the destination and immediatly return to you, it will ignore attack distance and enemies near it.

Here is the last screenshot of my follower Shamia the Shemite Exile I which was with my to level 58, died while following me, apparently death by following (teleporting) while I raced home with a Freya on the horse.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1020570886421162610/2E6CC03C7E5A3D01A9E99FD8F394A9DBB4371190/

Will this bug get fixed in this upcoming Patch?

In those instances… you run

1 Like

Please keep the feedback focused on the patch and not about the state of the game in general.

3 Likes

Okay, I don’t know why my post got hidden and why it says it’s off topic. In this Patch you’re bringing in the option to have a thrall following if you are on your horse and I’ll not stop begging to disable this on pvp servers while raid time.

There is nothing off topic about explaining why this would kill pvp. So I’ll do it again. Sitting on your horses back while watching thralls fight is not pvp. Please. Don’t do this to pvp.

4 Likes

Let them first fix the changes they intend to do to the game mechanic in general and then when they know if its working or not its easy to disable it on raid time etc. I don’t like it when developers are trying to add things to the game and make it better and even before they get to finish what they want to do people like you be like DON’T ADD BLAH BLAH. Calm down offer constructive critisism by playing on testlive solo or multiplayer. This change isnt implemented yet on the game and you don’t know how they will add it. Thank you and thanks to the developers for still improving their game.

3 Likes

Why would you change the accuracy perk. There are alot of builds that incorporate 30% armor pen. This negates alot of weapons. What about the people that use throwing axes? Accuracy is suppose to deal with ranged combat. You cant do a strong shot with a throwing axe. Change the 2nd perk to flattening and keep the 4th if you want that. Without that perk being a sinkhole for points I can already tell you what all fighters will run now and its going to make half the weapons in the game obsolete.

RU Очень странное поведение, раб в бессознательном состоянии. Теперь можно использовать оружие(…)
EN Very strange behavior, a slave in an unconscious state. Now you can use weapons. (…)
video: youtu.be/T2JHRNkTt0U

Дополнительные видео материалы по данной теме.
Additional video materials on the topic
video: youtu.be/gvkSv-odLms

RU Копье (лошадь) долговечность 60, долговечности не хватает. Относительно низкий урон 11, это оружие требует оптимизации урона или снижения производственных затрат.
EN Lance (horse) durability 60, durability is not enough. Relatively low damage 11, this weapon requires optimizing damage or reducing production costs.
video: youtu.be/Xv92HHqV-ck

Because if that change takes a month, on PVP that could destroy a server. Look at dismantle bench, under meshing. Waiting on a fix is slowly pushing players away from game. What good is a “Better” version of the game, if most players tired of being trolled with faulty known mechanic. And it is way easier to implement something with fail safes as soon as possible. Look at the recall button. They did that so right. They put in exploit blocks like a cool down timer and losing inventory. That was done to keep people from recalling and placing an entire army at someones base. IF they would have waited and released without it, well, the forums would have crashed from the complaints.

2 Likes

RU Не игровые персонажи уничтожают друг друга, почему? Уже во второй раз я наблюдаю как они убивают друг друга. В обоих случаях носильщик подвергается нападению.

EN NPCs destroy each other, why? This is the second time I’ve seen NPS kill each other. In both cases, the thrall bearer is attacked.

video: youtu.be/-4eW2_ykaCc

I am wondering why since this patch my game is crashing, it loads but does not get to the menu. Crash reports are being sent and I did post in the steam forums first for help, checked all files, restarted pc and made sure steam is up today. Uninstalling as not worked for others so before doing that i like to check. thank you.

The thing is, I know how funcom works. They bring a change - everyone tells them it is bad and the players don’t like it - they are still keeping it that way instead of improving or reverting.

I don’t have to test my point of criticism to know how it will change pvp. If you played on a pvp server before you would know and fear that too. There is legit no point in pvp fighting anymore if you can just ride your horse and let a frickin thrall do the job but that is how 80% of the people will ‘fight’.

So why should I wait with my criticism + suggestion of how to avoid it until it runs on the live server where basically nothing will get changed back even though a lot of people hate it? I’m being proactive here for the sake of pvp.

6 Likes

U dont need to be the smartest person in the world to understand it wont work out. Almost nothing they’ve dont past months has been a good thing for PVP. Almost all good pvpers stopped playing this game since PVP is not PVP anymore.

3 Likes