Testlive Patch (18.02.2020) - Followers Management System plus Funcom Launcher

Already done. He has a Purge fighter video on his channel already.

2 Likes

Ah, crap. Now I’m gonna have to go and look for the video that has that info and then “search” for that information inside that video. I love watching videos that are a sort of a “story” (a movie, a review, a standup routine, a song), but they’re not searchable and trying to dig for information in them is positively dreary…

Okay, I’ve griped enough. Back in a bit, after I’ve found it. Unless I give up :wink:

1 Like

Aaaand I’m back and that was thoroughly depressing, because the evidence says that Purge-only fighters are not better than non-Purge ones. This is Votaries of Skelos we’re talking about here, and still Spinas is still better than Zrist (for example). :frowning:

1 Like

There is absolutely zero reason for a separate launcher. I’ve paid for your game, you don’t get to use my resources to try to sell me your other junk and I see zero value this could offer anybody as long as you’re using Steam.

It may be possible to utilize the thralls aggro range. Then if you are within aggro of your own thrall, it would not lose anything. This would basically just moving the thrall closer to you, without really teleporting it across map grids.

1 Like

launcher feedback this way (as already stated in the opening post): New Game Launcher

1 Like

I would have to say yes, as long as they are from a top tier faction.

That’s some nice health there! What’s the damage output compared to Spinas? According to Firespark’s video, Orvar is supposed to dish out 73 base damage, whereas Spinas does 90(!), which is pretty insane.

i will look at these 2 on the under hood spread sheet i have and see if they have any noticeable differences.

1 Like

I can’t imagine why Funcom needs a game launcher. I mean, I love Conan Exiles, but my library isn’t exactly filled with Funcom games. Besides that, why do something that the gaming community hate? Game launchers aren’t exactly fan favorites. Might as well throw some micro-transactions and loot boxes into this bad boy.

I’m all for you guys making your money, but launchers are usually the first sign of not so fan friendly behavior from gaming companies.

Any word on crafting menu clean up or folders for consoles? Looooooong over due and has been highly asked for

Not a clue, since they don’t give any usable damage numbers. I meant to go back and watch firespark’s video but since he splits them up by name and not faction I knew it would be a bit of a hassle to scrub through them. Disappointing that they would give purge fighters lower damage, probably an oversight and one they may have corrected, but I’m not going through all the same rigamorole that he did to check it.

1 Like

Most of the in-game features sound promising.

The remote management distance seems kind of short. It roughly appeared to correspond with render distance.

I saw the carried gear drop in a lootbag after using Rescue.

I’m not convinced of the case for needing to lose gear on Rescue, but rescue with no gear is better than no rescue.

A “select all”/“unselect all” for map visibility would be nice.

The stats page having a rename link would have some synergy with this update. It would be nice to be able to administer thralls and customize their names at some distance.

1 Like

Follower Management looks very promising!

1 Like

launcher feedback this way (as already stated in the opening post): New Game Launcher

1 Like

Hey everybody,

Quick update regarding two topics we’d like to address:
First, this mentioned by @Abomineer:

This is unintended and we’re working on a fix for it in an upcoming Testlive hotfix.

Regarding comments or feedback regarding the launcher, please use our other thread for it.

Thanks.

3 Likes

What kind of shields are you talking about? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I agree. A solution would be to have options on the thralls as mentioned earlier, an option to “Stay Put” would do the trick.

1 Like

Well that is kind of a shame, I will likely only use this feature but a handful of times. Although…I just had a rather fiendish idea…

I am curious CodeMage, do you or for that matter anyone else happen to know if Bedrolls produce a small amount of landclaim around them or not? Because if they do, in my Singleplayer game at least, I should be able to put one down in at least some of the dungeons and retrieve my thralls from peril.

Yep, I think I understand its intended purpose now.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting idea. I’ll test it out when I’m off work :slight_smile:

1 Like