Testlive Patch (21.10.2020) - Update 2.1: Economy update, Character re-customization and Family Sharing settings

So far i don’t see the negative impact, i’m yet to test the changes but this isn’t really something that “takes away” from the player, on the contrary, adds more.

4 Likes

After every single patch there are people who say it is all bad and the forums explode. You can’t make everyone happy :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

Have you downloaded the testlive client yet?

4 Likes

The new furnaces look really really really cool. Now I want to build a big dusty smelting hall with reddish lights.

2 Likes

Don’t worry about it. I’m gonna focus on playing around on testlive. Personally, I think the new update seems promising so far. I get your concerns about what happens with T4’s from prior to the update.

From what I can tell, the old thralls are still available in the admin panel so it should be possible to check whether or not a particular T4 thrall you currently own is affected by the “downgrade.”

1 Like

Halle-freaking-lujah!!! :metal: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :metal: This sounds AWESOME!

Okay. Enough gushing. Deep breaths.

@Ignasi, I have a couple of questions I was hoping you could clarify:

• If I understood correctly, official servers won’t allow family-sharing. What will happen to already created characters on official servers?
  • Is the team planning to add grey flower lupine to Isle of Siptah?

All in all, this looks like a great update. I can’t wait for it to hit live!

EDIT: Please disregard the first question. I saw the post in the Announcements forum and it’s crystal clear.

4 Likes

Where can we download the TestLive DevKit to help test this mod crash reporting system to ensure it doesn’t give false postives?

How do you envision mods that offer hairstyles and heads on Exiles to be compatable with Siptah. Since the heads and hairstyles tables are currently sequential those using mods on Siptah will never see the new hairs and faces.

Can you fix those tables to not be sequential? And the skin colours at the same time please? Also if you make the colour swatch boxes half the current size the limited scrolling won’t mess up the GUI.

1 Like

Modding:
Funcom promotes modders and the modding community, but we need a modder’s forum. Discord does not suffice. The environment is too often negative and biased.

Please Fix /Systems/Combat/ComboSystem/E_WeaponComboType so it doesn’t have to be an unshareable enum

1 Like

Yeah, either a change to the colour box sizes, or an increase in the scroll range (if that’s even the right words
) would be great. Even before this I found I couldn’t access the final row of some options (think I was using Emberlight at the time). Of course, with the new added options there may be less ‘need’ for mods adding options, but that doesn’t mean we won’t still want them if we can have them :wink:

1 Like

CodeMage are you using alt family-sharing accounts to by pass event log on officials? :slight_smile:

Theses accounts will not be able to log in on officials servers, so created characters buildings will decay.

Finally a good point, I think many cheaters use alt family-sharing accounts to protect their main account from ban.

Story time? Story time. Back before the new server rules, I was playing on 1821 PVE-C happily, until a clan of griefers moved in. They started paving over important spots, walling people in, and all that “good stuff”. Back then, BattleMetrics allowed you to track what servers a specific player is playing on, so even if you moved to another server, griefers could follow you.

That’s why a bunch of us created new Steam accounts and used those to create new characters on 1823 PVE-C. After a while, when we felt fairly safe, most of us created characters on 1823 using our main accounts.

So, yeah, I have alt family-sharing accounts on officials. That’s why I want to know what’ll happen to those characters. I would gladly delete my alts, but there isn’t actually an option to delete a character, only to recreate it.

And if this change means I can’t ever log back into 1823, that’s also fine. I would just like some forewarning, so that I can get detailed screenshots of my favorite builds, since I lost the single-player file where I designed them :slight_smile:

Good enough for you? :wink:

EDIT: To clarify, what I’m using on 1823 is my main. I used the alt at first to avoid being stalked by the griefers, but after a while I started feeling safe and brought my main to 1823.

3 Likes

Because it may not be immediately obvious to others; with named thralls a hammer means durability, a dagger means damage and a broken shield means penetration.

Also, as a single data point, Hyan Hammerhand is Durability and Kot-Arok Steelbender is Penetration. So yes, there definitely is some backwards compatibility.

I’m a little un-impressed by the boosts that you get to weapons from named thralls. For example, the penetration on an epic poitan sword goes from 7% to 9% if you use a penetration smith to craft it. If you use a durability or damage smith, the penetration goes from 7% to 8%.

3 Likes

U, u, u! Has the storm attacking building pieces outside it’s radius been looked at?
It occurs when malestorm monsters chase a player outside the storm radius and get close to her/his buildings.
Based on that, I guess, the storm also attacks buildings near its monsters? Is it meant to?

Nice story, alt can be usefull sometimes!

2 Likes

Seems very, very promissing. And its on testlive, which means feedback and time to test things out.

I think that we need some PVP fellas testing the craft bonus on gear, seems like a potential balance issue.

looking forward for this patch!!

“Might”
I just started to play in the TL and all the thralls i had in my SP game have specialization, so, as i see you don’t have to worry about it.

In a quick check i did, T4 armorer thralls have 3 different specializations, they still craft items better than the player, so even without a exceptional or flawless tag, they still are worth getting, even t1 to t3 armorers have slightly better armor durability and weight results on the item crafted, you can see the examples in the picture:

11 Likes

Is the T4 specialization tied to the specific T4, or is it random, or is it something the player can influence? In other words, is Njoror Battleborn (for example) always going to have the same specialization?

Also, are cultural armorers still a thing?

Sorry for the questions, but I can’t play right now and I don’t have space for TestLive anyway, so I thought I would ask :wink:

EDIT: Forgot to thank you for the info. I apologize, I’m just so stoked about this :aaaaaa:

3 Likes

Lot of cool additions and fixes in this update. But sadly i don’t see the one that makes me pull my hair out every time i play and that’s the issue with followers standing right on top of you all the freaking time. Especially when harvesting minerals. its hard to hit the mining node when your camel is standing right on top of you making your char’s body angle upwards to swing at the air. Or when climbing up stairs or steep inclines and your gazelle follower hits you from behind knocking you off the steps or cliff causing you to fall to your death (several times now)

Or (and this might be a different issue all together) when your climbing up a cliff and your horse spawns right above you on the cliff and as it falls it knocks you off the cliff to your death. And again in the harpy vault your horse spawn right on top of you when standing in the nests and knocks you off the nest to your death. freaking horse has killed me so many times i named him death.

2 Likes

The type appears to be tied to the specific thrall. I spawned Hyan Hammerhand 8 times and he was durability every single time.

There are new thralls in the admin panel that specifically have durability, penetration or damage in their “name”.

Don’t know if breaking on the wheel as normal changes this but I would be supremely shocked if it did.

2 Likes