Testlive Update (26.11.2020) - Update 2.2: Bug fixing, stamina and shield overhauls!

I suppose you are reading it differently than me then. I communicate with Multigun daily and for me, he genuinely asks what the user wants fixed.

Funcom have to prioritize and not everything can be fixed without re-writing a big portion of the code which is a whole new can of worms. Asking to fix 100% all bugs is not realistic. However, if people list their bugs in the order they want to have them fixed, this may help. Think about it this way, if can ask for one bug to be fixed, which bug that would be.

2 Likes

My point with that is to indicate that there are 3 sections of patch notes that the person I replied to may not have been aware of. The other 2 aren’t easy to find if you aren’t aware of them.

I could have been more clear about it, but I wasn’t attacking the person. I was asking a genuine question to see what other bugs they felt were missed that they feel should be a high priority. This is all irrelevant to this thread though, this is meant to address Testlive concerns and noted bugs.

3 Likes

You do you but I don’t see how these types of posts are any helpful. P.S. I have been around for a while.

1 Like

Tip: Multigun, Narelle and I (and many more) were certainly around during Trello and actively contributed to it. It was great in concept, but failed in implementation. By necessity, there was probably an internal list dictated more significant problems that took precedence.

To the extent possible, it seemed the team took it into account while prioritizing additional resources. At least I saw results.

The problem comes in when you realize that such a small minority of players were even aware of Trello that it was not a representative sample.

Even board participation is dominated by those who come here wanting answers. A good thing, as far as I am concerned, but not a significant portion of the playerbase.

Recognizing the above from a business perspective, you still have the ability to influence.

Consider posting a poll in General Discussion of your worst 10 bugs. The ones that irritate you the most, but post it impartially (and respectfully) and let the board population vote.

You may be surprised.

Regards

jim

3 Likes

Show me where I claimed it was “more important”. I said pvp is a main element. What do you think avatars are for? (Had to remove “Wtf” because this community seems to think it goes against the guidelines…)

Here’s my list:
Thrall pork feeding to increase damage and one shot people
Invisible sandstorm that makes many newbies drop game / ragequit
Invincibility after throwing an axe and standing on it, breaks pvp fun
Speedhackers - yeah battleye does not work like it should

1 Like

Hi all, come back to check on testlive after a while. I think I didnt try this patch from the shield overhaul before, did anyone else notice a lot more stuttering with this patch, using AMD processor and video card?

I have an AMD processor and Nvidia video card, and haven’t noticed anything like that.

Might double-check your drivers.

Full AMD here.
I got a bit of stuttering too. I had before in densely populated areas such as the bigger mounds, Asagarth or Sepermeru, but now I’m a bit laggy in less populated areas (UC, Skulker’s end volcano).
I’ve got a bigger GPU (4gb to 8gb), fresh driver install, disabling mods, but those did not help.
Not game-breaking or annoying at any levels but still. I’ve noticed it too.

In my case, since I’m using an old CPU FX 8320E and video card RX 480 4 Gb, it’s very noticeable, the live version dosent stutter at all, but the testlive version does. Both on the same single player game, tested on my base between Muriela’s Hope and The Den.

Hey everybody,

We pushed an additional hotfix on Testlive addressing an issue.

Version 2.2.267422 released. Changelog:

• Fixed an issue in listen servers that caused player characters to fall through building pieces when relogging inside a base.

Have a happy new year!

13 Likes

Now I can restart building my 50x50 pyramids :slight_smile:

Since the hotfix I have not had a dead enemy slip into the mesh! Except the 3 Skull Unnamed City Snake Boss that is.

Thanks Funcom!

Also, thanks for fixing the Nightstalker Mask.

2 Likes

so… when is it going out of testlive?

Was it pushed with today’s update too? Because i still experience (now even more often) falling through foundations.

It was clarified that listen servers are singleplayer/co-op servers. This is what this fix is for. If you are playing on a server then the fix won’t apply to you.

1 Like

It looks like I was wrong. Dead bodies are still glitching into the mesh. It does seem the rate is lower now though.

Also, even though the Nighstalker mask is no longer glitchy it’s still pretty useless. I find that a majority of time I have to use a light source to see well enough to avoid walking into things or off a cliff… and just a torch w/o the mask seems to provide better visibility.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

New update is out: