Testlive Update (26.11.2020) - Update 2.2: Bug fixing, stamina and shield overhauls!

Herbal Tea only heals me 1 point every second? Is this new or a bug?

While many players are speaking of the impact of the Nemedian in general, only a couple are separating it with respect to the Exiled Lands and the Isle of Siptah.

In the Exiled Lands, T4 Thralls that could make legendary weapon repair kits are plentiful like manna from heaven falling down to the masses. If you were to use this, it would be more of out of simplicity instead of necessity. While this change negates the whole reason for running a specific dungeon/area, it will not prevent entire aspects of a game to be changed.

To those of us who play primarily on the Isle of Siptah, these T4 thralls that might make these new legendary weapon repair kits are so scarce in this wasteland (and finding them on boss monsters as well) that if you actually want to use delved crafted weapons or legendary weapons that you find (and collect BTW I’m a collector as well), the Nemedian is a necessity because you’re unable to find these kits with any regularity with the amount of damage your weapons take. You are LITERALLY killing the use of legendary weapons or making them primarily a throwaway status. This is highly unacceptable and honestly makes me question if I’ll still be able to play the game I’ve put so much work and time into.

Far be it from me to make a suggestion how to nerf an item, especially how useful that item is and necessary for a subset of players, but let me suggest this: Instead of removing the Karmic value completely, make it where it will only repair up to lets say 60% of the item’s max durability. This could prevent being able to heal up a weapon or tool to full so that you can’t use it to apply a mod, but still gives that karmic goodness that people depend on. While this could nerf the item that perhaps 0.0001% of the player base has an issue with (with the other 99.9999% who want it’s function to remain the same), at least it doesn’t shut out all the players (like my friends and I on Siptah) that actually depend on this item to be able to use the legendary and crafted delved items we spend so much time and care to collect and use.

Thank you for listening (if you did even read this), I hope that in some small way there is a chance I can help get this decision reversed.

P.S. Giving it a little more armor and durability is completely useless and is a terrible idea. That’s akin to taking away someone’s car and giving them a picture of a car instead and telling them to use that to drive 20 miles to work.

5 Likes

I don’t understand why Funcom can’t do reasonable balance changes. If an item gets changed it’s either overbuff it or nerf it completely.
For example, why take away armor penetration from Yog’s Touch COMPLETELY? Now it’s one of the many other 54 damage axes that have no differences. Why do they exist then? Makes absolutely no sense.
Taking away the karmic effect from these two unique items is also the one extreme again, why remove it COMPLETELY? Why not tweak it so that every 3rd hit taken repairs the weapon instead of every singe hit?

Same with the stamina changes, the difference between heavy and light armor is now basically 0, why always these sledgehammer nerfs / changes? Light armor is absolutely useless now, you get like 1 frame faster stamina regen, that’s it and it’s even in an in-depth analysis barely noticeable. Why would anyone use it when you can become near invincible in heavy armor?

Removing choices and making everything the same makes the game absolutely bland and boring.

Sadly that’s how Funcom always operates it seems, nothing learned from Age of Conan where these sledgehammer nerfs / changes (“People have issues going through T3 Raids, well let’s take away all mechanics and make it a tank and spank fight with nothing to do” ) have done nothing good as well.

2 Likes

I still use light armor because it looks cool and matches my character’s background story.

1 Like

Really? As if killing annihilator and world breaker wasnt enough now you have to kill Yogs Touch too? What is the point of making these amazing legendary items just to trash them later? They are LEGENDARIES they are suppose to be OP thats the freaking point of them. If the problem is the ease of access, then to be honest instead of nerfing the weapon, make the boss that drops it much harder to kill. Im sorry but to be completely candid the bosses for that dungeon are extremely easy to kill. The gate guardian is harder to kill. Ive said this so many times in other threads the bosses are too easy. Even after the thrall nerfs i can go to the Warmaker dungeon with just me in basic DLC gear and any T4 fighter at lvl 10 and i can clear the whole dungeon in 15 minutes. For a so called survival game the environment is a joke. Its funny im killed by hunger or tempature more ofter than i do by bosses. By Derketo please stop catering to the weak and lazy and increase the challenge difficulty before completely annihilating the purpose of items being legendary. Boss dropped items should NEVER be lower quality than crafted ones. This is how it should be. Crafted items=decent, Skeleton key item=very good, boss drops= OP as Hell. Otherwise why should i waste my time farming a crappy dungeon with crappy rewards.

5 Likes

Aren’t there also individual settings for how much stamina you regenerate when wearing specific armor types? Sounds like those values need to be adjusted.

2 Likes

Funcom should be doing the opposite. They should be making a lot of the existing legendary armors and weapons more unique and useful with special abilities rather than nerfing special items down to virtual equality across the board. In both Siptah and Exiles, I have like 30 or more legendary weapons and armors lining the walls as decoration or sitting in a chest never used because there’s nothing useful about them except they’re usually slightly better damage than craftable items. So, they have a nice blurb to read or visual appeal but they’re just like all the other middle of the road legendary weapons. Funcom’s approach seems to be cut down all the tall blades of grass to equal the short ones. That’s pretty boring.

2 Likes

your idea of funcoms plan to have players running across the map to obtain the stuff, not sitting in their bases with everything ready and that this leads to the removal of the karmic effects is nonsense… the nemedian is an important item on siptah for solo players like me, i never placed it on a thrall, just used it myself, especially when on a far off from base farming trip. your op argument is stupid. now nearly only clans will have the possibility to do so many surges til they find that t4-bs that can produce the lrk’s, then they will massproduce them and your op-equipped basecamper fantasy becomes reality. i killed hundreds of worldbosses, did the biggest surges many times alone (never had a t4-bs) and repeat dungeon after dungeon and all i got til now (and i play since day 1 on siptah) are lousy 16 lrk’s…
#savethenemedian

1 Like

True - there were a bunch of settings announced - hopefully that means they appear as sliders as well, since they were only listed as changes to ini. Either way, it just means that when this combat ‘upgrade’ goes live, we all get to spend a bunch of time trying to figure out what levels the different armours should be at to provide a combat experience remotely on the same level as what is being replaced (and, of course, anyone on a official server will get to experience the increased boredom of stamina-free (and skill-reduced) combat, with no choice but to accept it or leave).

Honestly, I really hope that Funcom seriously reconsiders the whole direction on this combat update, because I have yet to see anything good from it (sure bug fixes, but they’re hard to see, a bunch of them that are listed as fixed aren’t and older bugs (like the nuclear glowing goop) seem to be back as well). If you’ve got the time, hop onto testlive - it’d be useful to get your opinion - see whether you agree.

2 Likes

This seems a lil harsh.
Sure. This was talked about between (at least some) players even one or two years ago, but still.
Base health damage meaning prior to reducing the damage with armor? Thats crazy. Means people need a staminapool of just the same size like health pool; otherwise they will get to enjoy 0 stamina in 75% of the time? :eyes:
Can’t join on testlive due to my SSD being encumbered. :sweat_smile:
Will have to check it when it goes live…

Thank you! No more butchering my own camel anymore. YAY!

This is something quite a few people will keep misunderstand. Armor type is not the same as worn armor. So people go and claim light armor has impact on stuff. (even the current live build, where people went and claimed it’s better to climb nude over in light armor) Though that might be the case because of them translating stuff, not exactly getting what was meant? :male_detective:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
cries in agony

Whoa! Meaning people may go and alter those setting now without having to fear storm gets broken? :astonished:

To further expand upon my suggestion above, I created an actual suggestion in the suggestions forum.

I believe that my suggestion in the above link will will help to mitigate the risk of unintended changes and provide a pathway to a positive relationship between Funcom, Users in the Forums, and also Content Creators and that these sorts of large errors and the understandably negative responses that such errors garner become a thing of the past.

Thank you for monitoring the forums and providing responses; we do appreciate the communication.

1 Like

Changing The Nemedian helmet does not make any sense. You just made an Item, that did worked and brought joy to the players, completely useless, so you might as well take it from the game. Also, with this change all chest legendaries become useless. If I have to grind me a Tier 4 Thrall in order to be able to repair these weapons, I don’t want to use them at all. So these weapons become Thrall only or you put them on the wall…great job funcom. So fkn mad right now…

2 Likes

Nope Sand storm is still broken and comes invisible , that has not been fixed. I just tested it on testlive this morning,.

3 Likes

The legendary healing water skin got an undocumented change, pls give it a look funcom :slight_smile:

1 Like

approximate day of the update for the official game?

Probably Tuesday, and likely without fixing any of the reported issues.

1 Like

Apparently something to do with the game downloaded while I was at work tonight, but I’m not seeing any announcements so who knows what that was.

(Update: After hopping into the game and poking around I’m pretty sure it was just Steam being weird.)

There is no ETA for the live release yet. Being a major update, we’re giving it some time so we can collect and address any feedback regarding balance and stability.

This is incorrect. Please refrain from posting false information.

Has this happened on this update? Could you send us a report about this in a new thread by following these steps?
Thanks.

3 Likes

The problem is that this is precisely the experience that many of the player base have come to expect. A new update comes to testlive, we test and post bug reports and then the patch goes live a few days later without any apparent changes. When a company erodes trust among its customer base by repeatedly acting in a particular way, it is reasonable for the customers to expect the same treatment to continue. Like an abused dog, we cringe when you raise your voice to announce another update.

I recognise that you personally probably have little to no say in any of this, but you are the one that always winds up on the front line dealing with our complaints. Unfortunately, Funcom’s decision making in recent months (or longer) has led the player base to expect certain things to happen - it may be incorrect on this occasion, but honestly we would have to actually see it happen at this point before many of us can be sure.

You’ll notice that SylenThunder said ‘Probably’ - that defines the comment as opinion - I suspect at this point that you are as frustrated as we are - but slapping down ‘false information’ is only likely to work if Funcom starts giving the player base more reason to believe that these things won’t just happen the same way yet again.

14 Likes

The legendary healing waterskin was drastically reduced in effectiveness in Hotfix 2.0.5.

It was already acknowledged as an intentional change that wasn’t documented in this post: Healing Waterskin worthless after Hotfix 2.0.5

On a side note, the loss of version control and accidental undocumented introduction to a hotfix (early) could be easily discovered through automated processes as suggested here.

1 Like