Testlive Update 3.0: The Age of Sorcery - Discussion Megathread

NGL building is a bit of a chore now, and you know me I love to build stuff. For whatever reason with my starter base I kept running short on mats, whereas in the past it’s never been a problem. The huge benefit of being able to craft all your pieces in safety, then quickly put them down is now gone. Plus there’s a pretty big UI in your face whilst building. Can’t imagine this will be great on PvP.

Maybe I’ll see if t gets better with a controller.

3 Likes

It’s been some time since I rerolled and actually let the Cinematic go, so I don’t know if it’s in the Live version and haven’t had time to check. The word “Committed” is misspelled. This is a word written across the sky as “MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE COMITTED.”

<3 B

4 Likes

I am curious why the “X” key is keybound for sheathing/unsheathing your weapon or tool. Can we not already do this by pressing the hotkey (1 thru 8)?

A relic from better times.

1 Like

There might be instances where you’re wielding something from inventory and wish to unequip it. Or, you’re carrying a shield and sword and want to unequip both quickly. It’s universally good form in PvP and I use it mostly as a flourish while RPing. What I hope is for unwield to work on horseback.

2 Likes

I am curious to see how this goes for the rest of the people testing. But from your description alone it sounds fairly obnoxious. I did enjoy having things pre-built.

It was also handy to be able to go harvest stone/wood and then craft foundations as you go (foundations weight less total than resources to make them, so you could harvest that little extra longer).

Also given that the decorations are in the same window, and not inventory based; how will that work for trading decorations? And can you no longer get decor drops from mobs and chests I guess?

Cheers!

:herb: Hakeem of The Sapphire Shores :herb:

it was removed.

1 Like

The only part i am already annoyed with from my brief stint on the pve server is running into blacked out ateas. Seems way to easy to spam that darkness spell and troll on pve if one really wanted to. Definately needs to be higher cost or cooldown of some sort.

1 Like

i believe it could be a fine addition to people with controllers, but i dont feel it is good for people with keyboard and mouse,

i would love to see a masonery bench, where you can build your stuff, (put the UI there) not attached to a hammer, not allowing people to pick up building pieces and have it in inventory form is a BIG mistake on funcom. moving the UI out was a good call, again they can put that UI into a bench instead, and let people choose how they want to build, (you cant go by giving options to players)

they could allow the pick up of pieces and make it into inventory items, you can use by putting it at your hotbar as you did in the past, (me thinks of coursE)

1 Like

Few weeks. Just hit live yesterday…or were you part of a test group? If so, anyone bring up the pvp raid ramifications of guarding thralls nerfed making offline even more effecient for pvp servers?

That would be a plus. I think I’m beginning to see @LostBrythunian’s viewpoint that this has been done to prevent the sharting of DLC pieces.

I need to do a test run, because like a good Boy Scout I deleted my old TL save and started afresh. I wonder what happens to grandfathered DLC pieces in inventory after the 3.0 update?

I was blessed to be part of the Siptah Beta, but unfortunately it coincided with my health issues and I could only give it about 2 weeks of good testing. During that time I noticed there were few PvP opportunities.

Testlive is the time, brocephus.

1 Like

i believe Den stated he thought those ids were foung to be “reset” to the raw mats …but not confirmed.

2 Likes

I’m a modder and pve player. So pvp interests me only marginally

2 Likes

they could fix that in other ways , for instance you cant pick up DLC items , ythey can make it so, you cant grab anything in the dlc in that bag if you do not own it.

you know soemthing i would like to see is the ability to trade, (in t here you could for instance black list items based on the DLC the receiving part has,.

there are work arounds., i honestly i dont think they did for that reason.

1 Like

If they did do it for that reason, it is a very silly one. They’ll make far more from the Bazaar and Battlepass than they will from people in a clan not being able to pick up pieces and being so disgruntled they buy the decor pack.

Hopefully it’s not as obnoxious as is being suggested or will be tweaked a bit before live release. Thanks to everyone who’s testing this stuff out for us all!

:herb: Hakeem of The Sapphire Shores :herb:

actually if you do not own the dlc, you cant pick it up, you can land it once if given, (they could make it so you cant pick it up or from a box) i believe if you dont have the DLC you do not have the right to use the pieces or decor, as you did not pay for it. this practice makes sense to me.

If you Full using expertise build carry weight is no problem to you, you can carry tons of mats and build things really fast, the new construction mechanic also has a much more interactive and dynamic UI (I don’t have to spend a lot of time looking for a foundation) I really liked the new creation system and it’s one of the positives for me

2 Likes

Whoa…so this means my Wight is the only one I’ll ever have once 3.0 drops?! NOOOOOOO!!!

Here are a few observations from my latest play session in SP, Barbaric with no mods.

There’s something not right about the merchant/treasure seeker Gilzan in Sepermeru. I keep finding him outside of the Unnamed City…

There was another sorcerer that spawned in Sep City. He or she (I didn’t get close enough to tell) cast a spell and it started raining Storm Sick NPC’s.

1 Like

its one of the new random events that going to appear in around the world

1 Like