That facebook poll... (fresh start server)

Anarchy Online’s 2019 server invites you on a voyage across space…and time! Start fresh with original content from launch, then experience additional expansions and level caps over time. Coming Soon!

So it seems that AO will have its “Saga” temporary server.

Disclaimer: the following is a supposition based on the AoC "Saga BUT it may also be possible that it could be a server lasting longer and going through AO gaming history (?)"

If it’s a “Saga” type, to clarify a bit more for those who didn’t follow AoC, simply put, it’s a new temporary server where the game is installed in its original (more or less) version, without many features added overtime.

So it’s something like “start fresh in AO as it was 15 years ago or so”.

In AoC, you had goals to achieve that granted you rewards for the new character you create on the new server (one character per account), and when the server closes, your character is added to the normal server and some rewards become available for your normal characters (one reward can only go to one normal character).

AoC had a PvM “Saga” followed shortly by a PvP “Saga”. It ended some days ago. I assume the hardware is now available to be used for AO…

The idea in itself is nice. Like many old players I miss the pre-SL time.

Now it can be also a “lasting” server…

The concern in both cases (but MUCH more in the lasting sever case) is: can the current AO population withstand a split over servers. In AoC, for the PvM Saga, the normal server was pretty dead while Saga PvM was running. It’s not good if new players (I know, not many but we get a few every month in Athen Paladins) arrive on an empty planet.

That’s my fear (and seriously in the case the server is not a “Saga-like” one). But I’ll say it again, the idea of going back to the RK of the past is very seducing.

Edit: It could be also (I don’t know how in practice) an “accelerated” version of AO history where leveling is faster, still old-school, and additions are introduced faster.

Oh My God… Ian Warr wiping a 70 persons raidforce… Good old times! And there was a bot JUST to raid Supplymaster Eel… and sharks were swimming in the Stret and eating you slowly if you tried to swim… hence hydro vehicles and swim speed boosts… yeah!.

Chrisax
Founder and president of Athen Paladins
In AO since 2001
AP info: [Recruitment] ATHEN PALADINS - recruitment: open [Clans]

1 Like