The Bank of Sepermeru

I had posted this in another thread, but I think it could stand on its own.
I remember when players could log out with a full inventory and their body would disappear from the game world until they logged back in. People being imminently raided wouldn’t fight, they’d stuff themselves and log out. Our alliance found it difficult to eradicate the raider clan because of this. So basically it could be good or bad feature. Even had a friend log out with a God token once. Lol. Since this in the suggestions category, I’d like to suggest, in addition to buried chests, the idea of banks in the towns. For a fee, you could take some valuables to the bank building in Set city and make a deposit to a strong box of a certain number of slots. More coin equals more slots. This starts a timer that can be renewed with coin. If you let it run out, the content vanishes. The fun thing is that everyone will know that there’s a good chance other players might be loaded up with valuables and might rob you before you make it to the safety of the gates.
(Guards would actually have to do their jobs). Too bad truncheons can’t just knock out other players for a bit. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Considering you can grind coins in the desert easily it shouldn’t be that big of a deal?

2 Likes

Yes, it was called “body vaulting” and I’m one of the 3 people who pointed that out to the devs that needed to be absolutely removed.
I’m ok with a bank at supermeru but it should have a cost, and if you don’t log for long time you should lose it.

2 Likes

Go to the mines, mine, smelt and use the coin mold. Easy peasy and get hides from rhinos nearby.

1 Like

There should be more merchants in the game anyway. In the towns and in the wilds… randomly preferably. If you attack a merchant in the wild, they’ll fight back, as well as any bodyguards. You might win goods or coin, but obviously couldn’t trade. Some should purchase goods you might have for coin. I’d make the ‘goods that they offer to buy’ random so that it keeps things interesting, and you don’t have players exploit particular merchants, at least not easily. Random thralls by noob river could have at least a couple of silver coin on them, more consistently anyway.

2 Likes

Killing the tribe by the hand monument they have 4 chests and they drop some on occasion I get between 4-7 gold coins and 3-7 silver every 45mins-1hr plus all the other goodies.

2 Likes

The Hand area shouldn’t be to hard for a level 15 plus. about 1 hour into gameplay. Kiting away the enemy is a tactic as well. And killing the group will help a lower level gain easy XP.

1 Like

Run it at 10 pulling 1-2 with a bow at a time using cover to draw archers to you. Switch to melee and finish them off.

1 Like

Don’t mind Shadoza, he’s always going on about how everything MUST be accessible to solo players (the bit about low level is new though).

4 Likes

Honostly, on an official PvP server, just GETTING to the north in a straight Sprint there from starting right off the cross put me at level 12. And I made it to level 60 in about a week, solo, no grinding just slaying and building a house when i logged off. Between levelling quickly by killing mobs, and using thrones to get through the final 10 levels, anyone can get to level 60 in a few hours.

By the time you sprinted to sepermeru from the cross youd probably be at level 10 and if you stopped to fight youd probably already have some gold lol.

1 Like

This is an amazing idea. I think I poo poo’d your other idea, but I dig this idea.

I think it needs to be significantly limited, however. Limited to a number of objects that prevents abuse, and not buy more slots with more coin, etc. The idea being that this is your total wipe backup. 5 slots for a fresh set of armor, 2 slots for climb gloves/boots, 1-2 weaps, 2-3 tools, 3 stacks for construction mats, and maybe 1 slot for a stack of dragon powder. Say 15 slots, max. Maybe not even that many - maybe only 10 slots max. Per person, or per clan (I am thinking per person). That way players need to make some hard choices. And - it also limits the potential of storing up to 200 dragon powder. Unless the slots are object restrictive (which is another novel idea that might prevent this from being used wrongly).

I think Sepermeru is perfect for this. Perhaps have 3 different bank “interfaces” spread out across the sprawl. That way it creates potential PvP encounter points. But also leaves flexibility to prevent camping and abusing a single spot. Are they each three separate safety deposits? Where you have to remember where you banked? Or, are all three functional banking windows that allow you to interact with your stored goods?

I like the expiration factor, too. It’s a cost for short or whatever term rental that must be upkept. Give a good additional use of the gold and sliver coins, too. If your stuff expires, do your items just disappear into oblivion? Or do they get tossed out into the street? :smiley:

So - would AI need to be changed to make guards aggro if PvP starts happening in Sepermeru? To harry the attackers - and the attackee? Seems legit - kind of a barbaric exiled lands kind of thing. Quarrel over banked goods in town? Beat everyone down, ask questions later, lol.

1 Like

Man, I can’t even make it to the three sips waterskin without making level 4. :smiley:

2 Likes

Very well thought out! I particularly like multiple outlets so it reduces camping. More archers, captains and special units set up in these hot zones will make players rethink attacking anywhere near. A horn would sound and tons more guards show up in waves. As for noobs, low levels don’t have much to deposit besides sticks and seeds, so it might not be useful for them. On a pvp server, noobs need to find hidden and hard to reach places to build, not build big huge buildings along noob river, that’s just an invitation.

1 Like

And he always try to push people’s mind to his opinion, no matter the subject even if he doesnt have a clue and experience about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t we all :grin:

1 Like

:smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.