The brightness on Siptah is completely bugged

To Funcom.

On Official 6455 the brightness is way to bright - even when then ‘Gamma’ settings are on 2.0.
Its almost looking milky.
And its to also to dark in the dark areas.

Screenshot of the ocean, at the new island.

Please fix it.

Regards
Scarlett

2 Likes

Hey @Zcarlett

We’ve recently introduced changes to the Isle of Siptah lighting (as seen in our blog). Darker nights and brighter days are part of this upgrade.
In case there’s some incompatibility with your setup, could you let us know your system specs and the current version of your graphic drivers?

Thank you in advance.

Have you considered maybe adjusting your gamma even lower? I dropped mine to 1.55 & think it’s lovely.

I have tried lowering it, but that makes the dark areas completely black - which really doesnt look good : ) And when its night, and I increase the gamma it looks okay - but then when the day starts, its really really bright.

Processor : Intel Core i7 9700K ( coffee lake )
Motherboard : TUF z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)
Graphic card : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 , graphic version 466.27 release date 04/29/2021
Memory DDR4, 32 GB

My ingame settings are:

Graphics quality: Ultra
FPS is set to uncapped.
And the resolution is set to 3440x1440. Gamma is at 2,05. VSYNC is enabled. Window Mode is Fullscreen.
Anti-aliasingx6

If you need more information, let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info @Zcarlett. We’ve sent it to QA to see if we can replicate this issue with an equivalent system build :slight_smile:

Gamma 2.0 is insanely high
But I’m having a TFT panel not a IPS…

“IPS displays tend to have better clarity of color than TFT displays is a better crystal oriental arrangement which is an important part. Winner. While the TFT LCD has around 15% more power consumption vs IPS LCD, IPS has a lower transmittance which forces IPS displays to consume more power via backlights.”

TFT vs. IPS Display: Differences, Technology, Pros & Cons | Orient Display.

My TFT screen is a lot brigther and has less contrast than my old IPS
Maybe panel is where I was wrong but w/e

Didn’t know gamma 2.2 was standard, changed this like 2-3 years ago and always has been 1.25 - 1.5

Mine looks just the same, all milky and way too bright, no matter what settings used. Hope they fix it soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I get the point :slight_smile:
Thanks for bringing this to light!

1 Like

Blast… I think I got myself into some confusion with the panel naming

The screen I got is a (M)VA panel (not TFT)

Just to clear things up, sorry for the confusion this is one me

The “brighter days” seems synonymous to “more haze, less contrast, flood it with overexposure” (At least that’s the EL experience)

The gamma pseudofix lessens the issue slightly, but as mentioned above causes issue in the darker ranges. (And nights become really dark, but I don’t really complain about that :slight_smile: )

P.S. Looking at the Steam post before/after Siptah pictures, 70% of the before light looks better to me. Though they have some shadow issues, the light-flood of the after pictures is worse.

1 Like

Just tried this and the graphics seems better - it really made the graphics way better! :))

Disable 'Volumetric Fog’

Hope this helps the rest, who have problems with the graphics.

2 Likes

I had noticed the same thing, like my base was full of dusty air or smoke sometimes - even at lower gamma ranges, however this has improved it considerably. :clap:

At a Gamma value of 2.2.

Volumetric_Fog: ON

Volumetric_Fog: OFF

(Screenshot taken at the Southwestern Biome on Siptah.)

Thank you!

Edit: I might add that this disables fog that’s directly around you so you’re not swimming in it(so to speak), there’s still some fog effect in the distance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.