The dark tower / what will u do exile?

lol the scriptwriters are going like “aaahh noo really”

All the broken bridges and lore despite no hints where taken. :sleepy:

Whats up with the dark tower, a new method to purge the servers(?) as weve seen a few.
Same brilliance as the bleu halloween nights with meteors wich had us all going to the eyedoctor.

Chance of something nice(and working) would be 10% imo.

Heck yeah I’m hyped aswell

1 Like

Well a new DLC would be welcome…maybe it will explain that gaping hole in the lower wall of the unnamed city. An expanded map would be fricking amazing as well…but I hesitate…

I remember how amazing AoC was in the early days, when it was largely skill that mattered. Then the whining started and before long all magic was overpowered - even Conan himself would have been _sshatted by a Herald.

My biggest fear is that Funcom will once again screw the pooch, give in to the whiners, and make magic/sorcery/younamethenextleapingfeature overpowered…and not in a “wait til the next season format” like WoW, but a never ending “why do I even play melee in this game?” kind of way.

PLEASE Funcom, get this right…don’t do the magic if you can’t do the balance…

…unless you’re incorporating bear mounts, because bears will kill you…

1 Like

it all feels too little too late, official server conan is dead, most people I played with just cant stand the bugs, playerbase is consistently dwindling, tried to get a game going with 5 others half a month back, we were doing great a week in but just started dwindling in play time, because cheaters, bugs and then servers playerbase going from 32 peak to about 7(primarily because of the aforementioned cheaters) etc.

I am sure it will give it a small uptick whatever this dlc does but I don’t know what it would take at this point to get me excited about playing again.

1 Like

Clarke’s Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. :wink:

3 Likes

i am cautiously excited… i hope for a world with no thralls and upkeep on building pieces (this would bring a balance between active playing and base size ratio…

and most of all i await communitty based gameplay… cause whatever we do , is always better if we do it with others :wink:

I’m glad it was at least enough to get you excited to make such a mood-killing forum post. Your opinion is noted and will be filed accordingly.

Servers wipe + new map :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be buying at least 2 copies…

1 Like

Show me this info that the official servers get a wipe.
When it comes to that, a lot of players will be pretty angry and I don’t think they’ll play Conan anymore, which would mean a loss for Funcom and would not be well received by Tencent Games.

Wasn’t there plans for a new biome, sometime ago? Black Forest?..Some such thing…there wasnt room for that expansion to be added to servers without breaking the game, but now there is room to add a water biome?

Some time ago they announced there will be a new map later this year, that means another map, not the same exiled land we’ve been playing since launch, which they also claimed reached it’s cap and no longer will be expanded… They said there will be no mounts though, and here they are…

4 Likes

I say (servers wipe + new map) not only (servers wipe).

2 Likes

So i have a question to this: where is the rest of the context.

server wipe + new map is no real answer on my thread.
i asked: is someone freaking out like me about this.

so i asked u where do u get the info about the server wipes.

and now this answer.
it is completly out of the thread your first answer.
and the second too.

so i will ask u again, where do ya get the info about the server wipes? :blush:

I do not get any info, I just use my head to think.

• Situation is out of control on officials servers, we need a wipe.
  • We know that a new complete map is coming this year.
  • " Dark clouds on the horizon. Be Prepared" … with a countdown timer.

It seems like a fornite like event, the world will be destroyed, wipe + new complete map :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok now I understand your answer.
But isn’t that something theatrical to say just because dark clouds are gathering and one should prepare.
That this directly means a server wipe process?

Seems a bit dramatic to launch an entire countdown and ominous visuals just for a server wipe. I highly doubt that they’d drum up this much hype for such a trivial thing

2 Likes

And I don’t think everything has gotten out of control on the Official Servers.

On my server 3030 everyone is playing peacefully together.
No wild built, no quarrel between players.

Sooooo…why not cut back on the numbers for the development team and hire a few extra people to work on fixes? You act like they are completely separate issues but they are not. If a restaurant owner hired 10 waitresses for 10 tables and no cooks who’s to blame? The customer or the owner?

Ironically, my biggest issue is not with bugs and releasing a new DLC. My issue is not doing more to protect the officials that are getting killed off by clans spamming, and then using alts when they get banned to set explosives off and reset the decay going. Why for the life of me should clans that get a “decay” timer length ban do not have their bodies killed to remove body vault, all assets tied to clan scripted out (if it can be done on privates, it can be done on officials) to insure the ban actually punished the clan.
What i am seeing more and more of is a clan getting a 1st time short term ban, and yet somehow their bases remain reset every few days, and when they get back on they have everything left as it was when they were punished. That is my issue. The feeling of having to destroy cheaters/trolls stuff by ourselves, and not actually play the game to relax. So as long as i keep seeing spam everywhere, troll and cheater clans allowed to get a vacation punishment, it is hard for me to even consider if the big announcement is worth my game time, and any other gamer friend i can warn. This post will probably get me in more hot water, and i will be punished worse than the trolls killing servers thru spamming and cheating. That is very unbalanced, even more so than the raiding mechanics.

6 Likes