The end of PvP?

-message sent by my tiger

So many people that feel the same way? Exactly how many is that?

I see this everywhere in life. A VOCAL group that complains a lot always tries to push their way on everyone else. And those that rage the loudest are often nowhere near the majority.

Until I see some real numbers, I ainā€™t buying itā€¦ See above paragraph.

This game is far more balanced and far more fun than it has ever been. I say rock on Funcom and keep doing what you have been doing.

4 Likes

Agree also to note people keep posting steam charts saying you have lost x# of players and game is died but those numbers donā€™t include console or epic or Microsoft pc so how many players are there more than steam Iā€™d say and steam does not show single player if I understand correctly. We need physical numbers on all platforms and places not just steam until then I wonā€™t buy it

2 Likes

And even the people saying Steamcharts.com shows Conan is dying get it totally wrong!!! Nothing could be further from the truth. They always do that when the population goes down a bit for some months. But all games do that. The population for all popular steam games have a cyclical and fluctuating player base month over month.

According to Steamcharts.com , Conan Exiles has consistently stayed in the top 100 based upon player population for the last 2.5 years. And when big updates come to the game it typically pushes into the top 50. I just checked and right now Conan is ranked at #37.

That is hardly a dead game. Funcom just needs to keep doing what they have been doing and not listen to all the haters. The game just keeps getting better and better.

4 Likes

All games has those players that says the game is dying after certain update, later on, the game continues as normalā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If an enemy suprises you with a pet you very well should die, You can block or dodge the attack. When you know he is coming or better get one urself. PVP has never been about skill in Conan, maybe intended but never was, all about using some exploit to have the upper edge.

Milking the very best mechanic in to this mess it is now, with undermeshing, item abusing for braking into bases, vaults, stools etc etc. you know what i mean.

2 Likes

Yeah!
And Iā€™d like to add its about current players, the player base is total is much much bigger.

1 Like

PLS funcom

exactly.
Iā€™ll only correct you in one thing ā€¦ the heavy attack of the spear on horseback is 2.0x damage not 1.5x
:joy: :joy: :joy:

Ceronesthes has summed it up perfectly. You guys should do something about horses/pets.
@Ignasi @Hugo @Funcom_Community

Summed it up perfectly? Hardlyā€¦ Here are some examples.

This speaks more to their defense and base design than anything to do with horses. They lost because they did not have spare horse? Question: were they in a cave or pillar base? Or did they have some shack on the ground with no adequate defense and they were trying to defend in a ground fight outside their base?

With proper base design and base defense, you can completely nullify horses.

All Bleeds and even those from people on horses are easily countered. Get a healing waterskin or ambrosia. Those insta cure bleeds. Otherwise use healing arrows. LEARN THE COUNTERS!!! Scout saddles are balanced in that their maneuverability comes with the cost that you can easily be knocked off due to increased stamina damage. Stamina costs should be minimal on a horse because the horse is doing the heavy lifting.

It amazes me that people think cavalry should not have an advantage over people trying to run a ground game. And make no mistake, most people wanting horses nerfed are old school Conan players that want their ground game back. The days of your Darfari armor dodge rolling half way across the map and taking on people 5 v 1 is over.

You grind surges for not just fighters but also crafters. Fighter thralls are still superior to pets because you can equip them with armor and weapons and especially masks to counter poison arrows. Pets are weaker in that regards. Actually you rarely saw people grinding out pets until Siptah. Now that Siptah has made high quality fighter and archer thralls more rare, you now see people doing pets. I never used pets before. Now I do. Sounds like good balance to me. Pets are NOW useful!

Kudos Funcom!!!

You know what is absurdā€¦ People that think a guy walking on the ground should have equal chance against someone on horse. There was a reason cavalry was so important in the medieval ages.

Imagine a modern warfare game where people going infantry want to argue that Tanks are OP and should be nerfed. It is a stupid argument.

The power difference should be absurd. However, you have the same access to horses as everyone else. Horses are one of the easiest things to acquire and level up. Stupid easy! But you, like so many others, want your ground game back and think a guy running around on the ground should be able to go toe-to-toe and blow-to-blow with cavalry? Seriously? Funcom devs have stated they did NOT want mounts to just be speed buffs. They wanted mounted combat to be meaningful. And it isā€¦ As it should beā€¦

Also stating half the map is now un-buildable? Total exaggeration. Doesnā€™t help your argument.

I will say it again and again. Funcom has balanced this game FAR more than ever. All these threads about horses being OP are a mix of old style Conan PvPers wanting their ground game back where they could dominate or new players that simply have not learned how to deal with the new mechanics.

Horses are easy to acquire for everyone and level up. Start using them.

6 Likes

While you are right with what you say, you are not really answering to your quote. In the whole post you are quoting, Ceronesthes is never asking for equal chances for infantry and cavalry. That would be in fact absurd.

There should be a power difference indeed, but not an absurd one. I changed my mind on that point. Before fighting on an overcrowded Siptah map, I didnĀ“t understand how OP horses are actually. DonĀ“t get me wrong, I like horses and mounted PvP, but there is some fine tuning needed.

1 Like

I am in no way convinced that horses are OP. Anecdotal but just last week on Siptah, 4 of us (3 of us on horses 1 on foot) went up against 4 peeps ALL on ground. They used dodge roll, the terrain, and javelins and throwing axes to own us. They totally stam drained the horses, we were knocked off, and they owned us.

Was a cool fight.

I will say it again and again. People are not exploring all options already available in game and are just coming here on the forums to complain. The devs are doing a much better job of balancing the game. The majority of players just havenā€™t caught up yet.

5 Likes

Doubt this, we have NA 6406 on lockdown anyone that logs on we wipe them in no time, i canā€™t see how you can wipe servers unless youā€™re hitting no skill people anything can be countered in this game

We are talking about a game, and game balance. This is irrelevant

JusT GeT A hoRsE ToO

Why are you even saying this? Its not even the topic here. Imagine thinking that the solution to unbalanced things is also using unbalanced thingsā€¦and not fixing them instead. ffs.

4 Likes

The only way you could have lost this fight was if you were on horseback using a stone spear and the enemies were on the ground with a legendary item.
Btw, everyone is forgetting that the most unbalanced of all is actually the use of the horse + Tiger ā€¦ this is impossible to fight against.

2 Likes

This.

well, iā€™m against animal cruely, but thereā€™s a reason why many cavaliers where euthanized on camp or in the field after falling off the horseā€¦and an arrow in the face, in the eye, or the neck, would make the horse insane, if not insta-death.

Would it be feasible to make the horse lose crontrol, go in ā€œflight modeā€ when getting hit? so if you manage to land a hit on the horse the rider will lose control of it for like the duration of the damage or some 15 20 seconds? and dismount the rider in case of cripple.
If we talking about ā€œrealismā€ I challenge you to ride a horse while being trown javelins at you, nvm letā€™s not challenge before some meat eater start getting ideas to do it to/on a real animal.

1 Like

People always click ā€œview ignored contentā€ anyway hahahahaha.
He wonā€™t shut us up.

3 Likes

your posts are the best :joy: :joy:

For me balance in PvP is tied to the combat animations and how they hinder the fluidity of the overall combat gameplay. The animations put you in place while swinging your weapon making the gameplay static and clunky.

I have been saying this for over a year and let me tell you people will defend the horrible system because they do not care for PvP, most of them are SP or are in a PVE server.