Bugs.
Exploits.
Cheaters.
Untested patches.
Bad quality patches.
Boring combat system.
Decay system taking away bases.
Funcom breaking stuff over and over.
Nothing to do after “finishing” the game.
Ugly state of official servers → landclaim spam, bad performance.

3 Likes

Sigh

I copy pasted this from the other “This game is dying posts” to save me time.

2 Likes

But but but, didn’t we hear constantly for weeks on end that Valheim was the end of Conan as we knew it? They had 500,000 people online at one time! I mean just, look at these numbers!

According to every single “Conan is dead” thread, so is Valheim, apparently. And Ark, and Rust, and…

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

Its almost as if there is a relatively fixed number of survival game players… of which Conan gets a steady trend up over time

2 Likes

Moved thread to feedback.

2 Likes

@darthphysicist

Yeah. You can literally survive in Conan by mashing E on bushes for insects and E on water.

Simple food is so easy to get and fill your hunger bar. 10 Survival makes it even easier.

Water is even easier. You don’t need to process it. Just drink that salty ocean water or the disgusting swamp water. Or the cold water in the lakes up north.

1 Like

Or the toxic sulfur springs water. :wink:

3 Likes

I call it survival by convention. Its a build and explore game. Its also pvp but it will never be a CoD pvp game.

1 Like

This is just my observations, but CE is truly a love affair. I can’t claim to have suffered through nearly a fraction of the bugs and glitches I’ve heard mentioned on here, but I have suffered through many, and without the benefit of being admin (just spawn in anything lost, repair broken homes, etc.). I’ve also gone through loading screen times so long I can actually get in a few rounds of COD before the game starts (barring any Fatal Errors that pop up). Yet, I still play.

I’ve had my server up and running over a year with a very small trickle of interest and even less people that stay and get involved. Certainly not the numbers to get donations so this is still all covered out of pocket…and I still play.

Then comes the added headache of working with/using mods on the game. Don’t take that statement the wrong way, I luv each and every modder who works on this game but adding mods can cause a whole new level of pain on your server, especially when an update comes in from Funcom. But I still play.

This is my point. The game either grips you in some fashion or it does not. When you add all of that up, factoring in the learning curve for a new player (as mentioned, no explaination on decay, sandstorms, etc.), you’ve got a difficult game at best. In this light, it becomes completely understandable why we have sudden peaks and valleys. The game, however, has been around for several years now with a strong, if perhaps small, devoted fan base.

As the saying goes, you either luv it or leave it.

8 Likes

Over here, the game is dying because the toxic clans have started to wipe everybody everyday. It’s unplayable when you’re the target, day after day.

2 Likes

Nah. We still have a few billion years before the sun goes out to look for habitable planets around younger stars. Or transfer our conciousness to a virtual gestalt powered by dark matter, so we can play Conan Exiles forever, experiencing life as Exiles.

3 Likes

No one has ever accused me of being in my right mind. :rofl:

3 Likes

I truly think it needs to have more building options, decor, clothing, maybe water fountains, pets, birds in cages, wandering peacocks. Maybe gear it more towards women, or take advise from women on the game. It can be so much more. Quests would be a good idea along the way.

1 Like

Boats are cool but a great part of conan exiles players have a fetish for closing passages mainly in the river, so adding boats will significantly increase the frustration.

1 Like

To be fair, they do make a point. I mean, some of these outfits, even the male versions, are more than slightly curious in their respective designs. Here you have large, heavy outfits, covered in fur and from a race that lives in the far north…and they have bare stomachs and cleavage for days. Not exactly cold weather gear in my book but I’m no Nordheimer :joy:

1 Like

Yes the game is dying, Funcom is killing it all by itself. I played on a couple of PvP servers for a long time and on some other servers until Funcom finished all my games. And the same has happened to many clans. For example, server 1088 has almost systematically banned the largest clans whenever they get their big bases built, and this is very often due to rules that Funcom interprets arbitrarily.
In addition, non-PvP servers seem to be acceptable for building huge bases against the rules.

Except that building huge bases is not against the rules. :man_shrugging:

Except explore is removed with obbies in Exiles land. It’s a build game, with some light other aspects.

Valheim is also in early access, where according to their road map they are adding and tweaking mechanics. Just saying, maybe ince modders get into it it will grow. Because mods make games better right?