I, like many others, saw the count-down for the announcement in about 3 days. Most of us think it’s the new map-expansion with several dungeons particular for this map. After all, the achievements have been updated, and Funcom has talked about the new map themselves.
What I want to talk about isn’t the new map-expansion, but rather what lies beyond in the future. I am sure they seen how many play the game, buy the DLC’s etc. Surely they aren’t complacent where things are standing, but have been busy thinking/working out what might come next after the new map.
So, here’s my wishlist:
- They release the map in October (in a stream-chat I thought it might be released around Christmas)
- The map gets the same amount of attention as the other DLC-expansions.
- They realize it’s not enough, and starts working on Conan Exiles 2.
- The map is the ‘portal’ to this new game were the playing character can transition into with what they can carry and one thrall only.
- Conan Exiles 2 is twice as big as Conan Exiles, with plains for cavalry and horses. Mainly because Funcom might be able to create chariots, wagons etc.
So, all in all, we’re looking at caravans/mercenaries were the playing character takes on more roles than just a survivor. Speculation coupled with wishful thinking on my part.
Other features are ways to prohibit undermeshing from the get-go, which is a problem in PvP from what I’ve heard (I play PvE).
Well, if anything is close to reality, I’llprobably get Janos with me on the trails.
[My proudest achievement on the official server]