The purge is Happening, but not Really

Game mode: Online
Problem: Bug
Region: US 3890

Hello @Ignasi, we have a quandary for you.

We hit the first line on Saturday, April 13. Normally, we have a purge the day we hit the line. However, we were online for the entire purge period, and there was no purge.

On Sunday, we once again got online for the purge that was sure to come. I checked the log, and found that we did have a purge start at 9:59pm Saturday night, ending at 10:02pm. No big deal, as we thought the purge started at the end of purge hours so it never got going. There were two separate server crashes Sunday, and we never got our purge.

Yesterday, we were online again for the purge. I checked the log, and there was a purge on Sunday, starting at 6:08pm, ending at 6:10pm. We can’t attribute this to the server crashes, because it was an hour and a half before.

We were hanging around, doing some basics around the forts, waiting on the purge. We also had some allies waiting for it as well. Around 8:20pm, I looked at the log, and saw we had a purge earlier in the evening from 8:11 to 8:13, and a purge had started at 8:21. I looked at the map for the red X. There wasn’t one.

We never got a notice on any of these purges, despite being online. There was no damage. Our purge meter is still halfway to the second line. This is truly a first for our clan. We are the ones whose purge always functioned correctly.

Here are screenshots.

During the 8:21 purge

The Map with base areas (No red X)

After the “purge” ended

Will be able to test this tonight with our clan as well and see if the same thing happens to us. Will update when we have info from our side of things.

forum keeps freezing every 30-40secs

sigh

You the only clam or player? It could be hitting someone else.

We are a four man clan. As I said, there were other allied clans online with us at the time.

The purge started for us at the times noted, and lasted two or three minutes each time. We will be on again tonight, waiting on our purge, while waiting for the purge of allied clans who are also up to their meters.

Something has broken recently, since we’ve always gotten our purge since we started this game last year.

So we are a different clan on the same server and have the same issue. It says the purge starts but there is no notification. In order to see the that it even happened you have to look at your event log. Here is the screen shot of the event log.

1 Like

Last night after @Wak4863 had his “purge”, we fought in a purge for a third clan. This is the fourth purge in a row on our server where a purge spawned inside a building, for four separate clans. Three of those purges were at locations where we have previously fought in purges, and they always spawned outside.

What changed? Why is every purge suddenly spawning inside buildings with plenty of land around them? None of these builds are hard to get to.

Just to make sure this issue is clear there is no purge coming to the base. There is no notification that a purge has begun or ended. The only way we found this information is by checking the event log and seeing it listed. I would think it’s obvious that it didn’t happen based on the 3 minute interval in the event log showing that the purge started and ended especially with the 10 minute prep time.

I was thinking today that maybe the server creates that log when an eligible clan is skipped over for someone else. Whatever the reason we have never seen this entry in the event log until recently and we are pretty consistent in checking it.

Same issue here on official 3527. Phantom purge that ends with no notification other than the log. Tries 2-3 times/night, been three days now.

Purge bar just went over second line.

Purge was finally working great; seems to have begun being broken with turan dlc update.

Don’t think this has anything to do with the Turan update, because it started before then, but here’s the report from last night. Three purges lasting a few minutes.

Here’s where our meter sits now.

download%20(1)

1 Like

@Ignasi

I have some new data. We have purge notifications every other day. It does not happen every night now. We had multiple three minute purges on the 17th & 19th. Last night, the 21st, I guess it decided enough was enough, and we only had one mini purge.

The only way we know is to look at the log. What is going on?

Hey there,

Sorry for the late response.
Our team is aware of this issue and they’re looking into it. We’re trying to find a reliable repro case for this problem so our team can work on a fix.

Skipped the 22nd as expected. We may get something tonight.

1 Like

Hey @speedice

A player informed us of a possible workaround for this issue that worked for them. They kicked out some members of their clan and then invited them back again. This seemed to get the purge spawn for them after weeks stuck in that loop. Hope that’ll help you out while our team is looking into it.

Hello,

So im new to Conan Exiles been playing for a couple of weeks now. I experienced my first purge last week and boy was it intense me and my friend did not know what we were in for. It was awesome, we attacked and i swear we were fighting for at least a half hour but we survived. Then the purge meter reset.

Now i know this might seem impossible but the purge meter filled all the way back up within a week and my clan was attacked again last night.But Only 2 waves came and we were done. Also the purge meter hasn’t gone down.

I noticed others are going through similar problems so i felt i should share.

Me and my friends play:

PVE online
Official server 3881
6 clan members

1 Like

We tried this in the PvP server with no luck, but we did get a full purge in the PvE server 3890. We weren’t online for it, but apparently our defenses are excellent, because we had no damage in a purge that lasted 55 minutes.

2 Likes

Its me again. Update on our server 3881 PVE

We were attacked by a full purge last night. It lasted about 20 mins and the meter has gone down. Its a bit of a relief. Now the only problem is it only went down to about 75% so im assuming we will be hit with another purge very soon lol.

I hope you guys can find a solution very soon so the purges go a lot smoother and function correctly.
Keep up the good work guys this game is great and has ruined my life haha.

1 Like

God I don’t understand all these bugs. What happened to the good ol days of completed games? Having the same prob on my server.

Hey im in 3890 too and i have this problem :D. Our purge meter is full and it’s been a week and no purge was triggered. But when i check the event log, it said that we got 2 purge in the same day (last wednesday) but we didn’t get any notifications. It said that one of our black rino got killed by a northheimers fighter lll.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.