The Secret World TV series

If he is Solomon, he was still around in the 1920s though

I forget who first suggested it, but there absolutely was a tinfoil hat discussion of him possibly being Solomon. (I don’t want to take credit for starting it because I can’t remember, but I absolutely swept myself up in it, with how sly and slippery they’re both suggested to be. And the pachinko machine.)
Solomon or not, he uses 20s slang because he hopped on over to the US during that era and fell in love with the whole schtick, and just sorta…kept the slang.

It’s worth a lot, actually, thankyou thankyou thankyou (Grimm’s OK but idk bout Lucifer)
(mainly the “All Along the Watchtower” piano cover)
(Lucifer just would not IMHO)

BUT ALSO

I love re-casting my fav movies. I’ll play in “Casting SWL”

Michelle Williams (Venom) as Kirsten Geary
Rhea Perlman (Cheers) as Norma Creed
-or- as Eleanor Franklin
Tricky (The Fifth Element) as Sonnac
Gary Oldman as Henry Hawthorne
Woody Harrelson as Moose Janson
-or- as Che
Gaten Matarazzo (Stranger Things) as Danny Dufresne
-or- Evan Peters (AHS)
Sarah Paulson (AHS) as Madame Roget

that’s all I can manage atm

I’d be surprised if this show is still happening.

Keeping in mind that a big chunk of The Secret World’s ambience is horror/supernatural, with a little 3-way factional struggle for power, I don’t think “cop show/investigation” is a direction anyone would take this in.

I’m way out of the loop on TV shows, but it seems shows like The Twilight Zone, Penny Dreadful, Supernatural, Stranger Things, Dark Shadows (original); are all in a similar concept space. Maybe even some of the darker humor/choices from shows like Buffy, Angel, Dark Angel.

I wouldn’t really go teen-friendly but I could certainly see some potential for Innsmouth Academy as a base setting (or one of several plot-base locations). Since schools have good potential for developing things in a lot of directions.