The whole F2P notion has gotten out of hand

I mean, they aren’t necessarily wrong. From my perspective, whoever decided to implement Hexcoins in the way the exist (Especially in regards to Double Agents at Epic Tier) either did so knowing wholly well they were going to actively screw a S***load of players, or were completely ignorant of the fact (which is almost as bad…).

Assuming you pay real cashy-money for Aurum, each Hexcoin costs ~$.75-1.00 from my experience. If you build up 200 of them, spending ~$150-$200, you should be able to buy the 200 Hexcoin pack and KNOW you are getting something you can use out of it. Either that, or the cost should be dramatically lower.

Now, I know a lot of people do not spend cashy-money on Aurum…and perhaps that is part of the problem…it certainly is part of why everything in this game is run off godawful horrible low ass RNG chance for anything at all worth having.

2 Likes

In the last interview Chris answered they know about duplicates/hexcoins and there will be some changes.

1 Like

Aight then, hope it’s true. Still taking a bit long to address a glaringly obvious issue.

Would anyone defend Funcom over taking this long to fix an equally glaring gameplay issue?

Yeah they are and what’s more, they know it. After all, if you genuinely believed that the devs were intentionally designing things to rip off the players, would you stick around and continue playing the game? Seems like that would be a hard thing to justify to yourself: “these guys are little better than thieves with their exploitative practices but I’ll stick around and help keep the game afloat anyway because reasons”.

Oh right, so you think that free players aren’t actually supporting the game in any way and I’m the idiot? :v:

I mean, when you inevitably started pretending it was proof that they’re actively plotting against the players then yeah, probably. What are you actually mad at them about, if you don’t mind me asking? Is it just residual bitterness about the relaunch or did something else happen to set you off? I find it a little hard to believe that you could be this furious about an issue that clearly hasn’t affected you personally (since you’ve spent no money on the game).

Earl grey - slice of lemon plz
And ham sammich

2 Likes

Ah, well. I was wondering why we even needed a relaunch if free players are such great support for a game, but I guess tea leaves are more likely to provide a meaningful answer, anyways.

1 Like

You know, it wouldn’t kill you to respond to what I actually said instead of something else you’re pretending I said just once. :v:

And it would not kill you to actually say something in a non-toxic tone and style on occasion, possibly even just by leaving out your pet smiley to show willing for a change.

You might actually get the answer you’re looking for instead of the one you deserve.

2 Likes

Well, considering a lot of their design choices, and actual Dev replies to matters, I actually Do believe they are out to screw the players as far as they can before they break. The relaunch is built like a mobile game in a lot of ways, wherein you know people won’t stick around for long, so you have to milk them of their nickels as quickly as possible and in the most aggressive way.

Just because I believe that they are unethical and actively hostile towards players in regards to taking their money doesn’t mean I stop playing a game that I (mostly) enjoy. I just stop paying for things…after all, the whales they are after actually fund the game at the cost of their mental/financial well being, so I mine as well enjoy the ride until it burns itself out.

Edit: spelling.

4 Likes

Hey, I never claimed to be a paragon of virtue myself. And it isn’t like if I stop playing, Funcom and/or the whales will suddenly come to their senses. If I quit, it would only effect me, so, I keep playing.

Well yeah, I wouldn’t want to overuse it. :v:

I’m curious. Where do you think the whale-mark starts?

• sub? … +$100? … +$1k? … +$10k? … +$more!?

The way a classic F2P nut carries on about game fees, it sounds like if I spent $20, I’m an evil whale out to ruin things for the virtuous freeloaders. Where do y’all think the line is? I’m not talking about your personal limit. That’s uh, personal. I’m talking about where you think Funcom sits up and takes notice and then perhaps caters to those folk – if they do.

Eh, someone did the math that it would take something like 5k to get all red gear from just caches at launch. I am sure that likely happened, or close to it. The Whales I have known in games generally spend at least 1-2k on a game at launch, and then $100-500 per month after that, usually when new boxes or features are released. I know a few in GW2 who buy Every new skin/feature that comes out, which is usually around the 100-500 mark, depending on how much RNG is involved.

Actually I think he said they were aware and were monitoring it with possible changes.

The system for booster agents is really sucky and if they want people to spend money - the real kind - they need to feel rewarded not punished. It’s bad enough if you are getting the crappy trade down deal that exists and you only spent ingame currency. I did buy some with REAL money, and I won’t make that mistake again.

It’s badly set up. It could be fixed by allowing you to select a missing agent with the hex coins you accumulate. But getting a duplicate that keeps getting worth less every turn in, just lame.

For a game that needs to get people to open their wallets, they should hire someone that actually knows how to do that.

2 Likes

My point was, Funcom allows to easy exchange of gear in certain cases, so why not via mail?

It’s probably a restriction left over from launch when non-patrons weren’t allowed to trade outside of the AH at all. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether that’s something they could easily revert, or if they would even want to.

Ooh, that’s simple.

If you allow item mailing, those mails will either expire or not.

If mails expire, that will invariably cause customer complaints, so it’s not a good idea.

If mails don’t expire, it lets people store items in the mail - and that wouldn’t agree with the blatantly greedy inventory space monetization SWL had at launch. You know, the one so blatantly greedy they upped the number of free slots by 5 two weeks in because otherwise they’d have needed another fan.

1 Like

No, it wouldn’t. In TSW, mailed items stayed in the sender’s bank until the recipient claimed them. And got stuck there if not claimed or cancelled within 30 days.

1 Like

“Let me tell you how Funcom listening to the players is proof that Funcom are bad” volume one of a twenty volume set. :v:

That would stop people from mailing items to themselves to use as storage but you can still abuse it by making alt accounts, I guess?