This is getting way ridiculous

I don’t follow you, I would say the vast majority of pvp player’s raid for loot (to negate more farming) as opposed to land conquering. Regardless that has nothing to do with risk vs reward I mentioned or the topic at hand.

2 Likes

But that’s just it… raiding requires far more farming before LS…more than collecting the mats you are looting. With LS, you actually see raiding has value that it didn’t have before…hmmm I starting to understand the logic the dev team is having here…with the weakening of defenses…they are pushing folk’s like me to blow stuff up more since I only do it if there is value to it…which historically…never has been.

1 Like

I wonder if anyone knows that a lightning storm will be cancled by a big spell of another person, so you can esentially just cancle it when the cast it

1 Like

sure and you think this is viable to stay inside your base 5h per day all days just in case someone cast a LS (for which you will have only a few sec allowed to react), knowing that only one LS can totally blow your base.

2 Likes

I did give my opinion before does not mean it matter or reaches to the ones that can do something.

The difference on how pvp is destroyed is the fact that lightning strikes goes straight down hitting straight through bubble and game object.
It will make any in game structure obsolete.

Flying bats make high ground obsolete. Even though you can place thralls they are so weak that players wont be concern for it if they laid 5 min before raid or summon a god a minute before raid which can be timed. Basically bypassing all defenses.

Jars are obsolete due to the fact Explosive arrows and poison arrows are far superior now.

Lastly as a builder there no way to counter anything unless your on which you have 80 pct of failure chance.

In summary there are no defenses unless you just run away through portals and have multiple bases which would be bannable.

At least Trebs, bombs and arrows take a good amount of time before.

Lavawall can block defenders from leaving base while other cast lightning as well.

This is not including the broken perks of maxing three attributes.

Encumbrance and agility plus half on grit and vit with jhil gloves. Making a encrumbrance fighter sounds easier way to wipe someone.

1 Like

Funcom should just remove PvP and raiding entirely. Then we’d have no more complaints about this or that being “too powerful” and breaking up your bases so easily.

3 Likes

Ive always felt like structures should get way more hps(and cost) doors/gates get way less, and teleporters should require not being enclosed, that way its still an option to foundation wipe, but getting to the looting should be quicker and less devastating, leaving the foundation wiping for grudges

Edit: might lead to less of those eyesore bases, and i miss the days of being able to beat in a door with a weapon

1 Like

You know…
I’m starting to think as well that Funcom is doing this deliberately to weed the PvP crowd a bit…
@erjoh already made some very good points… I wonder if it’s a coincidence that most of the people who I have seen complaints from are the ones that don’t particularly have the best behavior… and you can sort of guess that they might belong to the typical “terrorizing the whole server for no good reason alpha clan”.

Even on the forums, they barge in, they couldn’t care less whether there might be (several) existing threads on the topic, heck they’ll start another one because they don’t have to use the search function like any other user and they just proceed to tell Funcom staff off like they secretly own the company :smiley:

The same doomsday… prophet… scarecrows… “The game is dying!!” “Save your babies!!!” “Everybody will stop playing!!” - because they don’t actually bother to look at the statistics page and realize that even half a month after the free weekend the game is doing better than ever… Here, let me help you:

That’s just Steam… that’s not including consoles and epic games or xbox for windows…
So no… the game is not dying… you can relax now :slight_smile:

There are a couple of complaints by more levelheaded people that seem to bring up decent arguments so I have nothing against reworking the damage of LS like I said so in multiple threads, but this doomsday circus I feel is a bit excessive, especially the entitled way some people present it.

3 Likes

In all fairness, I believe alpha folks need a voice just like the rest of us as well. It was alpha’s that first reported the horse meta and the alpha’s that have currently point out a new exploit. Can’t deny their keen eyes on things…it’s just the dramatics that I can’t stand. If you get rid of the flare and latent machismo, I have great conversations with them. They just have their guard up so much it’s hard to crack to get to the real person… doesn’t mean they aren’t worth it.

There are quite a few I used to eyeroll :roll_eyes: at first but really got to know them and recognized we are on the same mission…and many of them are wicked insightful as far exploits go. Definitely good folks to have as a QA.

3 Likes

You get more weight in what you are saying if you include “and the game is dying if you don’t do what I say” though.

1 Like

Yeah well not with me. It just turns to static white noise. We all are intelligent individuals (we all share the passion of this game for various reasons afterall) so we should see critical failures when pointed out and don’t need reminders on how damaging these failures are…we may disagree how in game meta aspects are critical failure but we can all agree bomb duping was one…even if you are PvE, nothing good comes from unlimited free bombs

1 Like

They did! They just didn’t use your version of common sense - which evidentially is based on some long ago version of the game.

4 Likes

This! Remove it! Its the cancer of this game for too long now! This people dont see the beauty of this game. All they do is glitch, exploit, complain, repeat…!

1 Like

I won’t say much! Just this!
It is too early, too early for each player to judge mechanics! For some people spear combo is simple, for others is an art! It’s how well you know the game and how good player you are after all. I won’t judge the fast conclusions but I won’t feed them either. I am very happy to call my horse and come next to me, I am very happy to open flotsam boxes and the legendary “crap” is broken no more, I am very happy I have cloak and “teleport stones” in the game, I am very happy to listen my favorite intro…
I am very happy for many reasons, many. The only thing that makes me unhappy is my console performance, but this is on me too, isn’t it?
Before we ask nerfs, is best to learn the game first, all of it! And @erjoh is right, new players must had a way to hurt others too. They deserve to smile too. No more alphas, no more domination, get your weapons and fight, no more building hiding, fight!!!

3 Likes

There have always been value raids in this game, it just depends upon what you consider valuable. You’ve probably been playing this game long enough to have gotten a return on DP + thralls + kits from a raid alongside other materials. That being said, if you play on the same server and never have to restart then understandably this would have no value to you.

The biggest issue I have with LS is its risk factor. If you get killed trying to raid a base, you kill a couple sorcerer III’s and it’s like you didn’t lose anything at all. Either that or go the sacrifice route + alch base + kill a skeleton. The time investment is not even in the same universe for the amount of potential damage. I’m not saying the game was like this before the patch, but I miss when killing the guy hitting your base and getting his explosives meant something. Sometimes it would even stop the raid entirely. Leather pouches just don’t have the same weight to them that dragon powder has when dupes aren’t rampant. It also doesn’t help that bombs aren’t working properly on officials.

If super low risk, low time investment, and low premeditation raiding was their goal then Funcom hit the nail on the head.

3 Likes

You couldn’t do that before? I did it for fun.

1 Like

All very fair assessments that I cannot deny are accurate. I totally think it’s going to get some nerfing in the next revision (if not during the upcoming hotfix).

But you still contributed. Good for you for not letting your lack of valuable input deter you. :slight_smile:

Ignore me, I’m just salty cos I’ve discovered there is another duping issue with 3.0.

With respect, i disagree in part.

You have a point about the nature of PVP, and the toxicity within it, but it also sounds a bit like a Funcom apologist victim blaming.

PVP can be brutal, unfair even, but people enjoy the rush and the danger. They also want some sort of semblance of balance so when they are beaten they can be salty about that and not how broken the game is.

The current balance problems, the constant duping problems, that is not the fault of PVP players. Your conflating separate issues. PVP can be toxic at times and Funcom can be useless at balance and seldom put out an update without breaking everything or allowing some sort of easy dupe/under-mesh shenanigans. These are not mutually exclusive.

There are PVP players who cheat to get an edge, playing PVP does not make you a cheat by default. Nor does being a PVP player make someone toxic, just because toxic PVP players exists. There is plenty of toxic griefing in PVE and PVE-C too, I’ve seen it. People, generally, can be toxic. Full-stop.

I’ve made friends in PVP and we’ve fought back cheats and zergs on various servers, but it’s arduous when Funcom keep breaking things. Another bomb dupe ffs?

Funcom’s lack of balance, and the cheats and duping that are allowed to go unfixed, only push away the non-cheaters/non-exploiters like myself who won’t waste their time competing with cheats, or lowering themselves to become one.

And while that might not be everyone’s reason for leaving PVP, I know plenty of people for whom that is indeed the case.

2 Likes

@Raa
Very well said. I know @erjoh long time in here and I don’t believe he is away from your saying. His point was to hit other points if you get me.
Yes, not all the pvp community are cheaters and many of them don’t use cheats because they don’t need it :wink:. Plus they find great joy to teach a lesson to the cheaters! And yes, toxicity has no mode, very true.
I really liked your post m8, even if I don’t agree totally, I really liked it, well sayed :+1:t6:.

1 Like