This is getting way ridiculous

Don’t worry about my feelings I stopped playing due to many things. I’m just putting in my 2 cents. I got news for you new and old customers are complaining equally about the lack of communication and major issues with the game. It will take a new player a week or so to get wiped by the devs, other player or just by themselves. Most won’t come back but the vets are the ones pushing for changes.
Also what does it matter if people push for wipes or not? Funcom does what they want either way and never say anything. At this point if I were funcom I would wipe all severs and characters. This game needs a fresh start and more options.

1 Like

This is simply not true from a business perspective. I know you might not have run businesses or their marketing departments, but retention is 90 percent of any retail goal.

I know retention is important as well but never at a cost of new customers…which is what is going on here…you got some vets complaining that they shouldn’t have to change the way they play even if it inhibits the growth of the game because of retention concerns. That’s literally telling the company that they need to just keep the product on life support until they are ready to leave.

1 Like

I don’t think you see the bigger picture. They are getting new players and loosing them just as quick because they didn’t properly test their own update. Vets see the writing on the wall and are used to this from the company. You keep acting like funcom listens to the pvp playerbase when they clearly don’t. How many times have we asked for dbd and better defense mechanics. Yet nothing changes it’s all the same stale game.

There are about 20-40 active PvE players in the forum community that completely disagrees with you.

DBD, they have stated has an exploit that needs to be fixed. Defenses…yeah you got a point there. I have been harping on that as well but feasible ones, not cheese like drawbridges.

Please review the patch notes archives. It’s easy to loose sight how much has changed throughout the years and many changes where player feedback.

1 Like

At least 20-40 and of course they do because they realize it’s a pve game that has good combat. When balances come they blame it on pvp. Pvp vs pve battle will never end unless they finally just do away with pvp all together.

What doesn’t have an exploit at this point?
It would still fix offline raiding, give new players a chance, having to sit at base waiting to cast a spell to stop another spell from destroying all your hard work list goes on.

I’ve played this game since drop I don’t need to go over patch notes to see what changed. It’s still the same stale raiding vs defense mechanics. All they really did was introduce another one shot mechanic the lighting storm. So now defense gets even worse on top of having to worry about being banned all the time .

1 Like

This comes down to two basic facts:

1. PvP needs some sort of balancing in order to feel fairer. It’s a competition between players, so a level playing field is required. (Unfortunately, that can’t be achieved by buffing/nerfing in-game elements because the greatest variable in the equation is, and will always be, the players. Not just their skill level but the actual time they can spend online.)
  2. NPCs and monsters don’t complain that they’ve been pwned by an OP tech or a meta build. That’s why PvE players don’t usually request balance changes.

Following these two items, it tends to be PvP players who request changes in the name of balance. PvE players simply don’t have the same motivation to demand changes. But the changes affect PvP and PvE just the same, making PvE players lose some of their favorite tools because the nerf made sense from a PvP perspective.

I’m not saying PvP players are wrong to demand better balance. However, I do submit that they need to understand that any changes made to PvP also affects PvE; and I also submit that the suggested solutions to PvP problems won’t actually solve the problem, but rather just make a lateral shift in where the problem is.

1 Like

Apparently you do. They modified so much about raid mechanics and added various strategies since 2018 that use the word “stale” in the same thread that complaints of new raid meta seems a bit conflicting.

This I never understood why PvE likes overpowered weapons. You arent the first to state that nerfing in the name of balance is only a blessing for PvP at the cost of PvE. Balance affects PvE as much as PvP. If you can mow through 3 skulls, it gets boring real quick…just as boring as fighting another player and them dropping like flies. I mean what’s the motivation if you walk around like a demigod with a spear that heals you or you godthrall to the point you aren’t concerned anymore? The fights are supposed to be tension and stress but in a good way since your real life isn’t on the line. I just wouldn’t enjoy it if my gear made the game too easy. And before any of you say ‘well don’t play that way and let others play how they want to’…little problem there since we play 9n the same sandbox. I already had to deal with a sorcerer supreme swooping down and finishing my kill in the unnamed city. Your PvE meta affects the entire server just like in PVP.

2 Likes

While I do not dismiss nor diminish your experience, as someone who has played this game for 4.5 years, I feel the 3.0 update brings more positives than negatives.

You have a valid point about boss fights. With the first perk in Authority, my thrall holds agro and I can do endless attacks against most bosses, stacking 20 bleed with a one handed ax.

Granted, I only play PVE, and I have often thought some of the changes, like zombies emerging at level 20, would have an unbalanced effect on PVP.

It gets a little muddled with mods. A lot of mods add harder bosses and those god weapons aren’t so godlike. The basegame can’t account for mods, and shouldn’t in terms of weapon balancing, but that doesn’t change the fact that the way some people actually play get affected negatively by nerfs.

2 Likes

The main differences are that while most (no all sadly) pve players know that balances need to be made for the sake of ALL play styles there seems to be a major disconnect on the other end. Balance does not require NERF NERF NERF NERF!!! MAKE EVERYTHING USELESS!!! That is not balance. That is destroying items for the sake of what? Because y’all can’t learn to play with any sense of variation? That is the biggest disconnect I see on here. So, as has been proposed probably 10,000 times or more on this forum, instead of nerfing things into oblivion, why not improve other things to make them more viable. Including mobs / boss’s. :thinking:

There is literally no reason that PvP, PvE-C and PvE cannot work together to come up with a viable solution to issues without the constant cries for NERF NERF NERF BECAUSE MY WAY OF PLAYING IS THE ONLY WAY THAT MATTERS! posts (and to be clear, I am not claiming that you are making these post or even acting this way, just pointing out why a lot of the pve posters are so sick of the arguments. You were very nice and not combative at all :grin:).

1 Like

Then they need to appeal to the modders and drop the negativity towards half the player base because ‘they nerfed’ this or that. The fact that the modders had to increase the enemies’ power levels should tell you that something needed nerfed in the core game and it wasn’t just PVP.

Its a little more complicated than that though. Modders are doing it for free and are rightly put out by a lot of “player appeals” (more like righteous indignation that rivals anything seen here). I meant no judgement in my post; merely stated it as a situation that exists for some. Modders have no idea in general what the intended effect a given weapon/stat is supposed to have and can only react to how things are, and right now are simply focused on getting their mods operable again in light of 3.0. Player “appeals” at this moment are not likely to go over well…

On a broader note, people rage WAY to much. Their instinct to grab a pitchfork is not productive on any level. FC knows their problems, modders know their’s and all the rage stating the obvious in caustic manners does nothing constructive.

3 Likes

If you can do that, my name is Harry Potter.

Totally agree. It’s like folks love to be outraged anymore than thoughtful.

1 Like

well with the overpower with 3.0 that give incredible perk…
do you want a video ?

I’m going to preface my comment by saying that I haven’t played conan in quite some time, so all of my information come from Wak4863 and Firespark81 videos on the subject of the Lightning Storm.

I feel that the spell needs a rebalance. It needs to be made less efficient. Either require more resources or do less damage (Such as Fewer lightning bolts, an increased delay between strikes, reduced damage per bolt, etc etc). It’s really cool, and gives a new dynamic to raiding that I’m happy to see. However, it doesn’t really have a counter, and every raid mechanic needs one. I’ve been saying that about bombs for quite some time now, and now it applies to both bombs and LS.

Again, I like LS. I also like bombs. I just feel that they are too efficient.

I agree with the above… Fact of a matter is while it may seem slightly judgmental, I feel that the overwhelming PvP complainers typically are way more “selfish”, in that they don’t consider any other playstyle… they don’t care about anything… they’re just upset that they got their backsides handed to them and they choose an object to project their frustrations on (an item… a spell… a bug… etc) and then they just show up in a very entitled manner and demand things. Typically in the rare moments when you see PvE players propose certain changes, they usually take the time to at least consider and brainstorm about how that would affect PvP players.
Now, not all players are like that obviously, there are some really chill PvP players who are considerate and able to compromise / discuss things in a very reasonable manner, but you can’t deny the very sad reality that they are in the minority and the majority are quite often acting like entitled angry teens :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello there Harry :slight_smile: Nice to see you on the forums!

I would go the other route :thinking: like reduce the damage spikes so there’s no chance of one-shotting building pieces. I also agree that it shouldn’t pass through the roof and one-shot your crafting station. However the spell IS kinda cool so I wouldn’t want to diminish the effect.

What I would do is reduce spike damage to where it would take at least 10-20 direct hits on the same piece to destroy it, have it apply a sphere radiating AoE damage to adjacent pieces (so building blocks would channel it between each-other), but not go through them and hit benches etc. and increase the lightning hit frequency.

Basically what I’m getting at is that I’d turn this into the “softening up the whole base before precision bombing” spell… and idk if you’d manage to cast it like 5 times then most of the T3 blocks would be on half health in a fairly even manner, then you can just bomb through the access point you want a bit easier.

1 Like

I like it. AOE effects like this one should do more damage over all, but less damage to a single target.

Fully agreed. Ignoring LoS is extremely annoying and rather immersion breaking

Heck! On second thought if it was up to me I might even put a damage cap on it! Meaning that it cannot reduce any building piece below 35% health for example. Then the above would work even better as you could cast 5-6 storms to soften up the base with these cheap materials, considerably reducing the amount of explosives you’ll need to get through, however you couldn’t just destroy the base from afar with a spell if you kept continually casting it, you’d have to go in and blow your entrance.