Thrall damage needs to be nerfed

*your

got it, so scouting and following will have same ruleset and only stand guard will activate buff. idk about claim workaround - would have to ponder.

@ anyone PC platform - can you macro the command to have your following thrall stand guard? If so, I would have that setup for whenever you encounter someone in the wild (if landclaim parameters didn’t override the stand guard buff)

1 Like

Exploits will happen. Maybe then a new building piece where you assign the thrall.

1 Like

They will happen, and for me it is often easier to see them than the fix. but it’s good to discuss these options in hopes that a dev will consider and take it the next step.

Yeah, trying to cut off exploits before doing something is a great trait. And that is how things should be done.

1 Like

No more nerfing!!!

Totally disagree. Strong thralls are extremely important for solo players. Especially on PvP

2 Likes

I think it would benefit all to nerf thralls… as long as they receive better AI, the ability to use consumables, and the ability to have multiple NPCs follow with a basic command abilities for the player (attack, attack target, passive, ect)

1 Like

Agreed thralls shouldn’t be doing all the heavy lifting in combat. They should just be a meat shield. It’s the players story right? Players should be stronger than thralls as far as damage output goes and absorbtion. I’m no pro, but I’ve been 2 hit by thralls and it seems silly when it happens.

1 Like

It really doesn’t. Thralls already do hardly anything when you’re being offline raided.

Before I decided to take a break, anytime I offline raided I would just run a 50 acc 40 str archery build with red mother bow, gas arrows, and serpentman arrows so I could shred through any thrall without fighting them. Takes a little while, but a t4 volcano thrall with godbreaker will die in under 3 or 4 minutes, assuming you’re using the heavy shots from a distance and hitting headshots. It goes even faster if you’re within range to spam on their head.

And you have all the time in the world if someone couldn’t play one day. So it doesn’t matter how many walls they have, just how many bombs you have. And that leads me into one of the reasons I decided to take a break.

My base was pretty damn fortified. It was undefended for about a week when my clan quit, up until when I got off my first break. Survived multiple offline raids, and took forever to repair.

Being a solo player alpha, everybody and their mom wanted to raid me. And they did. But NEVER while I was online, even if they had large clans. Took forever to repair my base every time I decided not to play for a night. Never got my loot, just blew up random crap at the bottom part of my base. Hell, it had 3 gods dropped on it while I was offline and still survived because a bunch of bonobos w dumb enough to summon them at the bottom.

I put thralls at the bottom to defend and whatnot, but they would always just die. These relic hunter treasure seekers in full heavy epic armor did jack sht to protect my base and were just a waste of resources. And you’re talking about nerfing them? Lol, quite honestly wouldn’t have affected me at all because they die so easily even in their current state.

And thralls set to follow? The only useful ones are the archers. Too easy to just run circles around the fighters, even if they can two or three shot you. The archers are a bit OP I’ll agree, but only when they’re following you.

and only when they aggro on a nearby target instead of shooting 7 miles away at the red mother when you are in ice chasm.

ADDED: I think my final day, I will equip them all with explosive and poison and watch the fireworks with a beer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.