Thrall / Pet Deaths

Game mode: Online Private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PVP
Region: USA West Coast

In less than 24 hours we have had over 100 pets/ and thralls from multiple clans across the server die of abandonment. Building Decay is disabled and has been since the first issues Started yesterday. Pets/thralls are disappearing as part of Abandonment inside our bases 8 hours after the last member logs off if not less. I don’t have exact time stamps for the other groups on our server. The setting for abandonment is all the way up to 10.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. We rezzed a pet inside an active base.
  2. When we logged back in this morning they were all dead due to a player not being online within an extended time frame. the death for my creatures was 8 hours one minute and five seconds after I logged out.
1 Like

Very sorry to hear you lost a lot of pets/thralls.
You say it’s an online private server: Do you have mods installed by chance?

I do have mods installed.

Had some one post in another thread with a similar issue.
Nuria

I lost both a single thrall and a bear.
Both on modded servers; one inside a modded buildings (calamitous) and I seriously dont get how that one died. And I just got that 97 damage onehanded sword. Couldnt find the corpse… Sad life…

Players in my server are losing 100’s of thralls. There is absolutely no setting to change regarding changing how long a player needs to be “offline” before a thrall dies. This new system that was put in place during testlive is so disgustingly ■■■ backwards, forcing community servers to have sped up thrall death timers compared to official servers without allowing community server administration to change the time frame.

Mind you, we do not have thrall hunger even enabled, and we have building decay disabled.

This problem needs to be fixed, otherwise a major portion of raiding will be destroyed since players will not be able to defend their base while offline. I’m not 100% sure if it’s a Funcom problem, or a mod compatibility problem. But considering I’ve seen nothing in the discords of the mods that we use, I’m going to assume it’s on Funcom. Especially learning that the hunger system was reworked to kill thralls when players are offline and since official servers have a longer timer compared to community servers.

I also play on an official PVE server, along with a modded one, and I still have animals and thralls dying of hunger if I don’t feed them. I’ve already had some die just from being away for two days.

Hey there,

Please everyone be aware that pets and thralls still will have their hunger bar go up and down, but when it reaches 0 they shouldn’t take any damage and die as a consequence of that.
There’s also remnants of the old system in the UI, i.e. the event log will still warn of thralls starving. They should still take no damage because of that. If that still happens, please let us know.
Also, if you’re using mods there is a high chance they might be causing this until they are updated to be compatible with the new patch.

the thralls die after a restart everytime, it says no clan member has been on in a long time yet i was on before server reset and immediatly back on after reset, so gone 5 minutes and they died cause i was offline for the restart

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.