Thrall & Pet Levelling: Questions A Plenty

Just FYI in case this hasn’t been answered, if you plug a usb keyboard into your console you can hit the tilda key (~) to open the commands menu.

Ill try the on screen option first LostInTim, as I only have a very old laptop at home.

EDIT: @Wolfrider4594 & @LostInTim regarding using the Admin Panel to manually award Thralls exp is a negative Im affraid. Well at least without a keyboard. There is only a search bar for spawning and re-naming, and inserting the ‘givefollowerexp###’ into it does not award exp.

The same attribute. So to test (which is very frustrating with the randomness), I spawned in a bunch of Erii and Spinas Votaries T4’s, picked the two that were at 100% after food bonuses, and slowly advanced them level by level with admin commands. They ended up at ~45 Strength (roughly +30 from their starting 15), suggesting the second secret roll is in the 40%-60% range for them for that stat.

1 Like

Some other info not really covered alot.

Agility affects armor lilke a players. points vary.
So for thralls, if you get the unlucky boosts to mainly agility, it does allow for you utilize medium armor to a point. I have a thrall wearing 4 pieces, of sobek, the yoggite gas mask at 1100 Armor due to the agility it has.

Armor atts add to the atts of thralls, so vit and str are great armor types.

Armor for pets can help as well. I have a Greater Rhino with 1000 armor due to its agility.

Survival is the weird one, as it gives a timer reduction to negative effects (bleed,poison,etc.) but it does not seem to be much even with a very high rating (i have 50 survival thrall, and it still takes gas damage in the cloud, and last another 5 seconds after). At that high, i was hoping to near immunity.

1 Like

Good find Abomineer. That is a nice touch on what I feel is a clever and well thought out levelling system. However, it also explains why some of them end up so overpowered by level 20. Phew!

I have decided that while Agility will be minimal for my Fighter Thralls, I will give it greater importance when it comes to my Pets (who we cannot slap a suit of armour on) and my Dancers, who are only allocated skimpy armours with inferior values. Now for a couple of follow up questions to what you have said.

1. What do you mean by “unlucky boosts” to main Agility? Does this refer to the size of the boost itself, or allocated Perks? I have yet to recieve any perks for my characters, as my highest is currently only level 8. There are numerous reasons for this which I am happy to further elaborate on if you wish.

I am actually wondering if yourself or anyone else can provide a link to a list of all possible Perks offhand? I have failed to turn up anything on my searches thus far…

Even if not as much so as Thralls, it sounds like the levelling system has now made Pets viable again. If so this is great news! As I have previously mentioned, I prefer to do around 80%+ of my adventuring alone. Companions were generally only for if I am really stuck (uncommon), or if I felt like having a friend along for Roleplay value; in which case I usually preferred Pets.

I dont see any point in levelling Thrall Survival. To me it is made redundant by other more pertinent stats. Thats just my school of thought though.

In essence, most feel that VIT is best att to get leveled, then STR. Anything else is not as necessary in the current state of AI and game play. I was saying that the actual negatives we may get to a stat on the perks is not needed, as right now there are 3 stats that are noticeably weaker balance wise. So getting one of those getting the level up is enough of a bad luck roll.

Knowing the formula for armor reduction, once you get to about 900 armor, the drop off in gain per point starts to become useless, thus 1000 is comparable to flawless epic heavy armor.

Survival would be good if at some level it made them immune to debuffs. For pets it would be a great add in.

From another thread about leveling…

1 Like

Probably a good idea, as the pets seem to far outshine the humans when it comes to the Agility benefit. I haven’t leveled pets myself, but an undead that one of my clan mates leveled some of the legion warriors who apparently gets 40 Armor/Point, whereas the best the Humans are getting is 10.

1 Like

Purges are, in my opinion, potentially worth a fantastic amount (some of the best thralls available only come from purges). Slightly OT, sorry, just had to say. :slight_smile:

Not sure where best to put this, but @Firespark81 has done some great work exploring the mystery of base damage.

The biggest discovery for me is that it looks like there are primarily faction-based damage multipliers. So far the findings align somewhat with pre-Riders damage values, with high values for Votaries, a quirky outlier for Cimmerian Berserkers. T4 bearers are all in the basement, though.

As mentioned in the video, this seems far more obscure than is really helpful. It’s a lot of time investment to level thralls, and the numbers that are exposed can give a deceptively good or bad impression of who delivers a good return.

@WhatMightHaveBeen I see you are well on top of your numbers and stats as per usual. Well done. I have saved that image to my cell phone for easy reference.

@LostInTim I guess the Pets outshining thralls in terms of Agility benefit is a balance mechanism implemented by the developers to try and make them a more viable selection. And if not, wel…its a beneficial oversight which I like. :slightly_smiling_face:

I saw that, very good info but he never said where he got the numbers, and there are a few that I would really like to know that he didn’t cover.

I suspect the Cimmerian Berserker is getting Archer damage much as it is spawning with Archer health values, probably an error.

Wish i could take credit, but i just pulled it from another post. forgot who first posted it in the forum.

Side note, I have pulled some .db stuff and am starting to try and put together an updated thrall chart.

1 Like

Does anyone know the correct syntax for the ‘SetFollowerStat’ command?

Typing it in the command-line nets “SetFollowerStat stat[FString] value[int32]”

What is an ‘FString’ (I know what the datatype ‘string’ is, but what is that ‘F’ about)?

So far I was unable to get results with this command, using it on my follower (that was actually following me).

Another hat tip to Firespark81 for that here.

Stat Names:
AttributeHealth
AttributeStamina
AttributeEncumbrance
AttributeMight
AttributeAccuracy
AttributeAthleticism
AttributeMetabolism

1 Like

Thank you very much :smiley:

That would be very cool. If the free time and the will to do so, a Pet chart would be a godsend. I havent even been able to find one thus far. Furthermore, with some of the current issues surrounding Thralls equipping weapons, Pets are the way to go if I want to take a companion along with me.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.