Thralls and lava. Following issues

Game mode: [Online official]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [EU]

[Describe the bug here]

In Volvano map, several thralls died in different situations.
Always related to contact With lava when the player doesn’t make contact with it.
This issue happened with thralls and pets following the player.
We know the thralls follow you in a bridge or lever and teleports to ground many times, some other times, they follow a path into the lava and die.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Put a thrall or pet in following mode.
  2. Take a walk at the volcano, near to lava or on a bridge.
  3. The message of thrall or pet died shows up.
2 Likes

Had the same thing happen to me on my dedicated server. I losted a legendary bearer on a obsidian run :frowning:

Yup my bearer died on lava i did not even all near lava

Hey there,

Our team is aware of this and they’re looking at possible solutions for this situation.
Thanks for your feedback.

3 Likes

Problem is, the lava is ground, red painted (textured) and so for thralls and pets like walkable area.

If lava was handled more as water they would not. Best at the moment, not bring your precious thralls or pets in the volcano, or hold them only in very particular area. Follow-mod is tricky there, and mostly deadly for them.

1 Like

One of the deadliest part for me are the last set of steps as you descend from Path of the Penitent to Walkway of the Devout. On multiple occasions, I’ve seen thralls simply glitch clear thru those steps and die, even though they are perfectly solid to a player.

The worst spot though seems to be Dragon Mouth. I can’t so much set foot in there from the snowy entrance without my thralls doing a cannonball jump into the lava. >.<

2 Likes

That would be hilarious to see if they really can do a cannon ball into the lava.

1 Like

Agreed, then I could just laugh and pour a drink instead of having to order a new keyboard from Amazon. :sweat_smile:

yeah hopefully something can get done. Purges in the volcano will spawn right on top of the lava and die instantly. or on the other side and try to cross the lava to reach you.

Captured thralls will walk into the lava on their return home route.

The question I have always wondered is why does Lava instant kill? We can fall off cliffs, get run over by massive beasts, but we put a pinky toe into lava and die.

2 Likes

I’ve wondered the same more than a few times; be better if it was simply 100dps or some such. At least then we could at least have a chance at rescuing our idiot thralls or hopping back out when the server lags us into the orange juice in spite of the fact that we were crouching specifically to avoid such a fate.

1 Like

Me and my captain before i map to the volcano…
go%20it%20alone

5 Likes

Problem today.

Approaching the base of the teleport to the forge, died at a juncture of the ground and the terrain arround the building.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten killed by that exact same spot, but I forgot to report it! It looks like solid ground and it’s at least 20-feet from the lava, but the game treats it as lava for some reason. :grimacing:

1 Like

Happened to me with my Tamed Sabercat, was heartbreaking to know those hours of work where ended when we where crossing the bridge to skelios to do the dungeon, and I had to basically go back because I didn’t have my pet with me to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.