Thralls no longer stay on top of walls or pillars

Game mode: [Online official]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [USA]

Previous to latest patch if placed a thrall on a foundation several square up with a bow, it would stay there. Now thrall sometimes jumps down to ground level when a mob engages it.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Give a thrall a bow
  2. Place on a two foundation tall wall.
  3. Kite a mob to the wall.
  4. Sometimes thrall jumps down
3 Likes

Oh, is this bug back again?
Guess I better go check my archersā€¦

Even putting fence around the archer doesnā€™t work.

1 Like

This problem is related to allowing our thralls to get unstuck; now, all thralls, including NPCs, are not bound by the environmentā€™s constraints like they were. For archers, I always set them to ā€œStand and Defendā€ so they donā€™t move around at all.

2 Likes

Have you tried to set them to ā€œStand and Defendā€ my guys have no issues with this

1 Like

Its affecting pets, too. I have two major outposts set at my front gates. Anytime a random animal walks by, just about my entire outpost vacates their positions to run outside without opening doors to kill the beast, and then, instead of returning ā€“ they just stand out there. I have manually replace every defender ā€“ thrall or pet ā€“ back to where they were until that animal spawns again and then wanders over. Then I get to do it all over again.

Same issue here. I keep thinking we are losing thralls to purges to then find them somewhere outside the base. Sadly we put up fences hoping that would help and I see from above it will not. Stand and defend it is.

Set archers to stand and defend but make sure there is no sheild in inventory

Iā€™d check the log. I know sometimes mine fall into the foundation, which means no log.

One manā€™s bug is another manā€™s butterfly, or something like that.

My archers donā€™t want to point in the direction I set them.

The old archer techniqueā€¦ ā€˜well, if Iā€™m facing the enemy, the fight is over too quickly. So I face away from my enemy, testing the eyes in the back of my head, so they will at least feel like they have a chance. I hate for people to die feeling bad.ā€™ :rofl:

1 Like

I have recognized this when farming the big camp in eastern Siptah. Those Archers were jumping off walls and towers at any sacrifice.
It is obviously bugged and was the only way to get the thralls (and NPCs - but who cared) unstuck ā€¦ or less stuck.

But man, I love it! Shield-smashing Stygians from the highest tower down into the forest is something I could do all night long.

I know, keeping the ability to kick enemies down walls, allowing NPCs to jump down minor slopes while making them smart enough to not run down high cliffs unintendedly or abandon their post, would be an enormous AI programming effort, not worthwhile the time of Funcom coders.
Soā€¦ I volunteer.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.