Thralls/pets eat every hour

Game mode: [Online official]
Type of issue: [Misc]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [North America]

Thralls (and presumably pets but no precise tests done) are eating one piece of food in their inventory every hour

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Give thrall 25 gruel (in safe place where no mob will wander by)
  2. Every hour thrall thinks - maybe this piece of gruel will taste like pineapple pizza
  3. Log in one day later and see that thrall has one gruel left in inventory
  4. Spend next couple hours gathering/cooking and feeding thralls or let them go hungry

a thrall/pet always eats when it needs healing or when there is no food buff. the hourly eating will therefore probably be due to the lack of food buff

from the 2.4 patch notes:

• Thralls will no longer immediately eat an item when it gets put into their inventory.
    • They will now eat if: they have some food that will give them the strong buff and they do not have the buff; if they have neither weak nor strong buff and have some food that will give them the weak buff; if they do not currently have the health regeneration buff but they have any food item.
    • The situations when a thrall will consider eating: When any of the three buffs expire; when new items are added to their inventory; when they lose health; all the time, should we ever add pineapple on pizza to the game.
3 Likes

Hmmm… It’s OK for me, let them eat. What really disturbs me is the decay timer for food in their inventory. Food spoils much faster than they consume it (30 minutes for a roast steak for example).

I noticed that now food accumulates in the thrall inventory. The thing is, the number of dishes keeps growing even if they no longer use it regularly as it was pre 2.4

I had that issue as well. At first I didn’t know if it was remnants of stuff I gave them previously but I emptied their food and watched it pile back up. It quickly eliminated the stockpile in my thrall pot.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.