Thralls refuse to exit combat and fall back and no orders works

Game mode: [SELECT ONE] Online official
Type of issue: [SELECT ONE] | Bug | Performance | Other
Server type: [SELECT ONE] PvE-Conflict
Region: [ EU ]
Mods?: No ]
Edition: [ Select one: Steam

Bug Description:

The thralls get stuck in combat and never leavs. Its stuck even if you run to the other side of the map someties. And return as they was scouts insted of on folow.

Expected Behavior:

That the folower folos you and when you give them the comand to go or atack somthing ells the shud do that. And not stand and die!

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Step 1 Atack a mob or a big grope of mobs
  2. Step 2 try to abort the atack, its to many mobs aggros or for its an thrall you wana grab instend of killing
  3. Step 3 try and fail to get the folower to join.
  4. Etc.
1 Like

Was the thrall in question using a katana or a shield?

1 Like

The problem have bean whit several thrall both in sipta and the old map.

1 or 2 if them had a shield but the rest did not have. And none had katana.

Shields and katanas will bug out thralls. If one of them had neither, then it’s definitely new to me. What was the other one equipped with?

1 Like

Hmm dont remember exact what all of them had but spears and the club you get thralls whit. And som had A bow to and one had an extra weppon.

1 Like

But in total it have bean a big variation of wepons and combos. But whats the same whit all times it have bugged out is when its many mobs up to geting swamped, ex when you enter a big camp or town.

1 Like

I’ve had the most luck with one handed and two handed swords, one handed and two handed axes, clubs, mauls, throwing axes, and throwing spears/javelins. Bows seem to be a mixed bag for me (sometimes they just stay in bow drawn animation and never fire) and I haven’t really tried spears too much with thralls (they don’t seem to use any spear combos with one in my experience).

The ones that bug out pretty much every time for me are shields, katanas (also Musashi’s Black Blade), and Havoc & Malice. Basically anything with a unique attack animation seems to bug thralls out exactly like you described. I’ve had the most luck “unsticking them” by either hitting them with a club or truncheon (or anything with knockdown), or hitting them with my horse at high speed.

It’s a pretty annoying bug. I hope Funcom fixes it. It’s almost like the thralls just don’t know what to do with some attack animations.

I’ve also noticed that when they are surrounded by a ton of enemies, the thralls are slow to react. Like the AI doesn’t know which target to prioritize or something. Other times they slow down, with weapon drawn, and creep up to the enemy before attacking, rather than rushing in to attack. It’s pretty annoying.

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for your report and feedback. We’ll forward it to our team for investigation.

Please let us know if you find any other issues after the latest patch.

1 Like

When they get stundered, they will often bug out. Shield holders are special candidats for that.
As workaround i use lovetap to make them remember their duties. Not working still, but most time. Like said, it’s just a workaround, and you need to get the lovetap.

1 Like

Hey,

Would it be possible for any of you to share some screenshots of the followers locked in the mentioned state?

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve noticed this state too. It was not an issue before 2.4.6 and can be easily replicated. Take the Dregs Ob with your favorite speedy horse and good, well armored thrall on Follow. Charge through the Darfari village and hit a few as you go, to get them good and riled up. Continue to charge through, then follow the southern coast and head east toward noob beach.

What used to happen is your follower would get snagged up by the crowd, but eventually rejoin you. This would result in a Darfari parade out to wherever you’d stopped.

Now she gets locked in place with the crowd and effectively stands there until you leave the area. Until you leave the area*, no summoning will bring her to you. Of course, when you ride back to her your Follower starts attacking the giant crowd, so don’t do that unless you’re sure she can survive.

* Edit: I reviewed my video from last night. Your Follower will reappear when you draw aggro or enter combat in another area.

2 Likes

Yes, saw this to last night, and lost a follower so in a camp where i was used to cross without issue.
Not that i care lot for him, still not usual as behavior, even if maybe realistic.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.