To Corpse Or Not To Corpse, Will You Find Yours Is The Question

Seems to be getting worse for me. Had 4 corpses disappear today and all the usual tricks didn’t work so just gave it up and switched it off

1 Like

If you guys are tired of losing corpses I dunno how you feel about dedicated servers but ever since I switched to a server that isn’t official, I haven’t lost a corpse yet. Never have to relog and the lag isnt near as bad. No rubberbanding and decent population. I left my last server cuz it dropped from 15 people during prime to 6 or 7. I am on a pvp server with 10x exp so levels fly if you into end game pvp. The admin also supplies us with public map rooms. I have enjoyed this server the most out of all 4 Ive played.

I lost my body today full of black ice, ice gear, ice pick, steal and good stuff on a middle of a road close to mounds of dead. Before I died of thurst and placed a bedroll close to my corpse. When I ean back just one minute after dead, no corpse…

My server is: #3012 Pve
Ingame name: Isriptide, lvl 50.

Would be thankful to receive goods back.
Thanks!

1 Like

Workaround - In our experience (pvp official) the body is still there bud invisible. Just spam square or triangle while aiming at the floor moving around where you thought you died. Remember bodies role down hill.

This, in my experience has all ways got my stuff back bar one time when the area was too hostile. But the other 20-30 times I got my stuff.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Yeah good Luck when u die near mountains and cliffs. I rather Go back to base and craft ALL over again than try to hit bullseye.

This has happened to me a few times, also. Either my body can’t be found where the marker says it is, or the marker so much further away from where I died, and it’s not a case of mistaken location. Last time it occurred (two days ago) I was in a camp, and the marker had me as being on the cliffs (western end of the river). I’ve also found that when this ‘vanishing corpse’ bug occurs, it has only happened when I’ve had a lot of good gear on me, never when I’ve just got a few basic items. It has happened a few times when I’ve been on the server, but this last time occurred when I was playing offline, solo. Very frustrating.

There has been one or two times where I’ve died (I die a lot) where the green sparkle from the bracelet has allowed me to find my body (this could be further developed, possibly), and even one time when my body hadn’t rendered but the location was marked by the sparkle.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice! Yes I should have tried this as corpse was on a flat road.