TO SIR, WITH LOVE: An Unofficial Legend of The Secret World (Available Oct. 18, 2018)

HolloPoint%20TO%20SIR_FINALB_Web

When the world ends, the fog rolls into Solomon Island and the dead start to rise. Innsmouth Academy senior Blodwedd Mallory fights to save her school from the destruction. But can she uncover secrets of the Academy’s dark history in time to stop Mal’un the Accursed from destroying the headmaster and preventing her graduation and initiation as a Templar?

It’s Samhaintide, and things are tough right now at Innsmouth Academy. The aftermath of the mysterious fog has left most of the faculty dead and the students running around the Academy grounds as zombies. Only a few remain safely behind the protective wards of the Academy’s Administration Office.

Wedd and her best friend Gypcie spend their time scavenging the campus for supplies and charging the anima wards that keep out the marauding zombies and keep in the mighty magical tomes of the Academy’s library. They have mastered the art of dodging the unruly herd of dangerous familiars, cut loose from the control of the now-dead students who made them. However, one wrong step or misfired spell could mean disaster.

To make matters worse, an old skeleton in the headmaster’s closet reveals itself, and a powerful demon wants vengeance for the unpaid blood debt. When Mal’un the Accursed trespasses the failing Academy wards to collect on the debt, it’s only a matter of time until blood is spilled. With the support of Gypcie and the other Academy survivors, Wedd must figure out how to exorcize the infernal wraith without sacrificing the headmaster’s life.

If that weren’t enough, Wedd still needs to prove her blood magic skills so she can graduate and join the Templars in London in the spring. That may be one more task than she can manage. So far, it isn’t looking good.

Dark days aren’t coming for Wedd and the Innsmouth Academy…they’re already here.

See the Book Teaser Video here:

Story adapted from the SWL/TSW mission by the same name.

Author: Wedd
Cover Art: HolloPoint

This 155-page novel is available now on Amazon.com! Visit https://www.blodweddmallory.com for more information!

This is an unofficial story set in the Secret World, but the IP is used under licensed agreement with Funcom Oslo AS.

9 Likes

Very excited to check this out!

3 Likes

Thanks Drenneth! I’m busily at work on the second adventure (as you know!). It’s my fond hope that enough folks will be interested in this story that it will generate interest in the game itself. I’m marketing it on Amazon to folks who read paranormal fantasy. Hopefully the novel will give them enough of a taste of Secret World Legends that they’ll check it out and we’ll ALL get more new content (and PVP :wink:) in game!

3 Likes

I want to make sure @HolloPoint sees this, because his cover artwork BLEW ME AWAY. I can’t wait to finish the next story so I can see what he does next!

3 Likes

Thanks, Blodwedd :slight_smile: I’ll be checking the book out soon… just need to figure about ordering from America and so on, don’t see it being a problem though.

Looking forward to book two :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should be able to get it from Amazon UK as well

2 Likes

Yup:

2 Likes

D-oh :slight_smile: Of course you can! My sleep addled brainz :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That looks really good. Ordered.

3 Likes

So Funcom gave permission to use the IP for unofficial works (or at least, for your unofficial work)? Or have they rather not-yet-objected to fanfiction set in the IP?

3 Likes

The author did receive a license for an unofficial work based off of The Secret World.

5 Likes

I’m so proud of you, My Love! You’ve worked hard to write and publish your first book. It’s exciting to read a story about the game that we’ve both enjoyed for quite a while now. It really takes the lore to another level.

I highly recommend the book to the rest of the Secret World Legends community. “To Sir With Love” is an exciting story based on a familiar in-game mission from a player’s perspective. What a great way to enrich the SWL gaming experience and attract new people to the game!

4 Likes

For those who are interested:

https://massivelyop.com/2018/10/19/funcom-allowed-a-fan-to-publish-and-sell-a-novel-based-on-the-secret-world-franchise/

2 Likes

Look what came in the mail! :smiley:

7 Likes

Yay! I’m so glad you got it. I hope you enjoy the story!

3 Likes

HolloPoint has not only has created the covers for both of the Untold Stories of The Secret World books (TO SIR, WITH LOVE and LONDON UNDERGROUND, which is planned for release in January 2019) but also created this short animated video as a promo. I’m blown away by his talent, particularly if you consider this is his first attempt at animation! :heart_eyes: Enjoy!!

3 Likes

Who doesn’t like FREE?

For a limited time - From Oct. 24-28, you can get TO SIR, WITH LOVE for FREE on Amazon in eBook format for a very few days to celebrate the first anniversary of its release!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J3TJBLD/

1 Like