To the Team/Management

In one of the Dev-streams (either the one about Warmaker or 1 before) they asked, what are your (community) favorite bugs and then one of the 2 FC guys said, his favorite bug is the flying dead animal thingy…

Also that this will NEVER BE FIXED.

So whats that in your opinion?

Well, first of all, the ballistic overweight animals bug doesn’t actually affect your ability to play the game, let alone complete the main storyline.

Second, many people (myself included) LOVE the ballistic overweight animals thingy. It’s so stupidly hilarious that despite it being an obvious bug, we don’t want it to be fixed. So in this particular case, Funcom is listening to their player base, and we kinda-sorta voted it to be defined as a feature instead of a bug.

7 Likes

The Conan Exiles relevant stuff will come at 8:25

Talking later about Dune they say like:
With Dune we want to make it right and all the things we couldnt do with CE, because it was a difficult situation at this time and we had to come out with the game.

I don’t think that there will be more systems coming for CE. @SirDaveWolf is right saying the game is finished. They will improve the existing systems and add some content and further DLCs but you won’t see any bigger system update.

Nevertheless CE is a great Game. It’s one step on the path to improved and better open world games, for me an important step in the Evolution of such games.
So dear puplishers and representatives of the Gaming industries : Look on this game - Look on this Forum - here you can learn what the people want from a real open world game!

5 Likes

Important enough to be repeated.

2 Likes

You do realize this comment has that “you can pick a turd up by the clean end” vibe to it and it completely negated your last comment to me.

“We know it’s broke and we’re not going to fix it because it makes people laugh.” = Neglect and, in my opinion, is bad business. How many other problems with the game are being treated with this level of apathy? My guess…a lot. It also tells me that Funcom is listening to only a small percent of the customers.

Edit: I can’t believe it blocked out that word…lmao!!!

2 Likes

I’m sorry, what? How the heck is listening to the wishes of their customer base “neglect”? Yes, it’s an unintended “feature”. It’s also probably something they could fix. But if players like it - if that’s what players want - why should they fix it? Wouldn’t it be bad business to remove a feature players like?

I mean, if they did fix it, you’d get to blame them for not respecting their players’ wishes.

Can confirm i still want to launch large critters into orbit, no fix wanted for my part.

1 Like

I love the game for playing feel, but the zillion bugs are pain in the ….

Load game online : CTD

Hey, you dont know you have to load it offline first, then it will work online ?

First impression counts. I am pretty sure, many potential new player will never enter the forum to look for help. (besides, nevertheless there is around one new thread per week related to this and always the same answer, where I guess some will arange with this, other not)

I would really like to show more love, the work of the team is appreciated, but there is not too much that makes me looking forward to the next update…

I’d like a timer when I launch one so that I can note the hangtime. :smiley:

Edit: Time, and distance!

1 Like

You’re kidding, right? Unless I’m mistaken, it was you who told me that you were involved in tech support for 16+ years. Whether or not it was you who told me that, anyone who knows anything about bugs in a program knows full well that one bug…just one can have a ripple effect in the program. A bug is an error in the coding…a mistake or defect. This program is still full of bugs.

So intentionally leaving a bug in a program because a minority of customers think it’s funny is absolutely neglect and irresponsible. That single bug could have unintentional side effects throughout the system not to mention the rest of the bugs in the game. That’s why efforts should be made to eliminate all bugs.

If you were in tech support, you above all should be aware of this. If it wasn’t you who told me that, then perhaps you should do a little research on the topic of bugs.

And you’re very wrong about me, if they fixed it, I’d be among the first to praise them for getting a problem fixed…that is if they fixed it without breaking something else. In fact, if they got most of the bugs out of the game, I’d lead the charge to praise them. One year and three months post official release with so many bugs remaining, of course I’m not going to praise that level of progress and I’d have to wonder about those who would. I just think at this point that they either don’t care or don’t have the resources to fix the base game. Action speaks way louder than words.

4 Likes

I’ll admit to getting a chuckle or two over it myself, but it should be addressed eventually…if for no other reason than the possibility that it could be affecting other things.

And who are this said players? Or was their a poll within the game to keep this bug?

Because it looks like that…

And to begin with, its a strange logic to keep a bug in the game, Just because some people like it…

So how many players does someone need, to keep bugs IN THE game?

1 Like

I’ve been doing it for 30, and there’s no such thing as a beneficial bug. It’s like the Monkey’s Paw.

The part that bothers me about the Rhino gag is it’s obviously a physics thing. That it hasn’t been publicly exploited is one thing, that folks aren’t riding a magic carpet all over the savanna is a testament to how low the player base is. If we had more players, this would definitely be a problem.

4 Likes

What you’re saying makes sense, but I still chuckle every time I launch one.

1 Like

I’am talking about Real issues and you asking about a Joke Bug! really! how about add some context to the forum post to fix the real issues

The long and short of opinions on this game is follows:

1. there are people who enjoy the game and play it regardless of the issues
  2. there are people who play the game and are continually frustrated by the issues but still play the game because they still enjoy it despite the frustrations
  3. there are people who no longer play the game but cannot handle that other people are enjoying the game and spend more time on the forums proving why the game is terrible than time they’ve spent playing the game
  4. there are people who have moved on from the game and are enjoying their gaming lives elsewhere
  5. there are people who play the game, get bored after a period and leave then return to check out new content for a period before repeating the above
4 Likes
  1. there are also people who eat laundry pods, but that’s not the point of this forum post
3 Likes

Not a poll per se, but it has come up in discussions, including in bug reports.

I work in tech support, but I’m not a programmer. It’s a similar case of blaming Funcom’s DLC assets developers that they’re not using their time to fix bugs. Different professions.

Sure, it’s a bug. And if it does have a cascading effect (e.g. if it’s part of a greater physics problem that can be exploited, as Barnes implied), then sure, Funcom should fix it. I wouldn’t cry myself to sleep if it was removed. But as long as it’s limited to silly death animations (as far as we know) it’s not exactly a top priority on the list of things to fix.

Love Love Love this topic.

There to busy banging out DLC at $10 a pop every few months. I swear it has to be 1 guy working on current bugs and a whole team creating new content.

There is fish traps still next to my base from a clan that stopped playing over a year ago. This has been reported months ago.
I have given up on fixing multiple buildings I have that after server restart seem to lose stability in random areas for no reason.
I cant have a managed clan because the core clan features don’t work so I refuse to add new clan members.

All of my clan has quit because they have reg PS4 and blue screen constantly. I have PS4 Pro but still have lag/refresh rate problems. Why does the PR manager never reach out and talk to the end users? That’s your job “Public Relations” instead we get a link to a trello board to show what the 1 guy slaving away is working on. Yet we keep getting new DLC pointless changes to the weapon system and new dungeons.

I want the core of this game to be whole so I can invite my friends back who quit same people that mock me for playing this game. You have what in my opinion is the best dam Survival MMO I have ever played and your making it trash by not supporting what currently is there. You all should be ashamed of yourselves for selling this currently @ $104.99. Its worth maybe the $20 I spent a year ago. O look its 9/3 and there is another DLC they just added…what a joke… of course no one from the marketing team nor dev team nor support team will reply to this thread but start a topic on some exploits and there all over it.

4 Likes

You keep bringing this up in response to my comments. I never once blamed the “beauty squad” for the problems in the root game. Constantly throwing out DLC without dealing with bugs first is a management issue. They likely have more people working on DLC than bugs…hence the neglect.

Suffice it to say that I fundamentally disagree with you on this point. Bugs in a game are no different than a household cockroach infestation. They all need to be dealt with asap when possible regardless of how benign they may seem. It’s just good business. And I don’t believe for one second that the bouncy rhino bug is limited to animation. One user already brought up a very good point of other issues it could be related to.

1 Like