Trall stops fighting and does nothing

This issue is randomic …
I notice it start usually when you hit/been hit while server lag.
NPC seems want to attack (it take aggro and start to following his target) but it’s uncertain which weapon use…and do nothing.

I try different way to make it attack again … (remove weapons, change, attack without weapons, etc … Relog, change server and go back, etc … ) but nothing seems work.
I’ve just wait … and NPC start to fight again after a randomic time (i’ve experienced 15mins, to 4h!)

Any tip will be really helpfull…

Thanks

I see this same problem a lot with my Thralls (standing around doing nothing during fights). The one that I remember the most is Janos wouldn’t fight at all with the weapons he tamed with (sword+shield). I removed them and gave him a spear (Acheronian Spear, I think) and he had no further problems fighting. I did give him new armor right off the bat, so not sure if that had something to do with it.

1 Like
  • First, do not put any additionnal weapon in your Thrall’s inventory. he won’t be able to choose a single one and will keep on switching weapons.

• Secondly NEVER switch the type of weapon you give him for the entire length of your session. If he’s got a 2 H weapon Don’t give him anything else than big hammers/ 2 h Swords or spears and vice versa with 1 H weapons. This doesn’t mean you can not change the default type of weapon he got when he was out of the Wheel of pain.

• Finally, if the main purpose of your thrall is knocking out npc, give him a 1 h weapon ONLY and never switch to 2 H weapons (like a black ice broadsword for ex, wich is insanely high in term of damage for its availibility), so when you switch to the truncheon he will NEVER bug out as they can frequently do.

If you follow this, the only issue you’ll be having with your thrall in combat is their reactivity, because yes, as we all know they can take some time to act…

have fun !

3 Likes

roro4066, that’s contrary to what I experienced with Janos. He would not use the weapon he tamed with. I had to switch him from sword+shield (his default) to a 2H spear to get him to fight. I also gave him a bow and he switches between it and the spear without issue.

1 Like

@roro4066, do you define “session” as a relog to the main menu or a restart of the game?

Regards

jim

I think this may be a miscommunication due to the double negative in his sentence. I understand him as saying this is unrelated to the weapon he comes off the wheel of pain with. The key is, once the thrall equips one type of weapon and uses it in combat, don’t change weapons. But I have also seen what you have with spear and bow since this is what I use as well and it is easy for me to have thrall use. Perhaps since both are 2H they are compatible.

1 Like

One observation is that once something interrupts a thrall susceptible to glitch, the thrall begins to act in a semi-responsive or non-responsive state. Toggling the weapon will have only limited efficacy.

If you find your thrall is in such a state, try these steps:

1. Identify the weapon you want to equip, is it 2H or 1H?
  2. Craft a stone wep, or pull from inventory a weapon that is opposite the intended handedness.
  3. Remove all from thrall inventory.
  4. When thrall enters aggro, drop the dummy weapon onto their main hand/off-hand whichever applies.
  5. After they equip the dummy weapon, and while still in aggro, drop the intended weapon onto the dummy one. This should move the dummy to your inventory.

This should work as a quick fix.

What seems to trigger this problem is the detachment of armor bug. If you have a chest piece that bugs out, the thrall will cease using the 2-handed sword. If you simply switch to a one-hander, she will fight sporadically. But if you remove the chest piece from her, she will go madwoman.

1 Like

This is quite maddening and not a viable pvp workaround. Our goal has to be prevention of this at the base to allow for smooth operations in the field. Cant do all this thrall swapping stuff in the middle of a raid

1 Like

It doesn’t happen with all armor sets. I have had complete success with the same conditions, same PvP official, but with Pictish Heavy. On my Private server, Pictish Heavy, Yamatai Heavy and Turanian Heavy are all seemingly untouched by this. I have hardly had time to test the DLC, but once that’s done I’ll move to the other sets. After there’s enough data to try and formulate a scientific approach, I may be able to simultaneously come up with a more complete list of what’s totally safe and what’s suspect.

2 Likes

I can understand the hardly have time part. I have had things I wanted to test more in depth but playing the game gets in the way? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: This should be handled by the staff that gets paid to make a playable game.

1 Like

And they do, Ranson, to the extent possible. Let me refer you back to the ‘hardly have time’ part.

I still think the cost/profit model they use does not permit the staffing level to do this type of time-intensive testing and that is the basic problem.

Yet, we digress from the OP :slight_smile:

Regards

jim

To lock NPC just put on it a bow and a orb … he get aggro but do nothing …
Bug on weapon switch/usage … it seems going into infinite loop

You must have misunderstood sthing. read again please

And the type of weapon you give to your thrall doesn’t have any impact on the “do Nothing” bug, it is the fact of switching weapon type multiple times during the same session that bugs the thrall out.

Thralls Don’t have any “prefered weapon” anymore.

Anyway, in the case of the OP, what i’d like to know is :

when you say your thrall does Nothing, what do you mean exactly?

1. Does he run to ennemies with his weapon sheathed staring at them like if he’d like to act but sipmpy CANNOT?

2. Or do you mean your thrall just stand there still, not Following ennemies and Simply not aggroing anything?

Sorry if i missed it somewhere, but could you confirm what exactly happened? Those are 2 different issues (the first one being the most common) and it’s important to identify which one you’re talking about.

1 Like

enter the game, exit the game, basically a restart yes.

Indeed and this is well illustrated when you meet one of these setite outfit wearers (supposed to be fighters with daggers and demon orbs) in the unamed city, they keep switching weapons over and over, they are so hilarious to observe…

3 Likes

Thank you. I have found different effects between restarting the game and returning to the main menu. They are most noticeable in solo, where restarting the game is also restarting the server.

Regards

jim

No, I didn’t misunderstand what you said. In my case Janos would not use his weapon even though I never changed them during a session or any other time despite restarting the game. I had to change his weapons to get him to start attacking. That’s the part that is contrary to what you stated when you said:

Secondly NEVER switch the type of weapon you give him for the entire length of your session.

-and -

If you follow this, the only issue you’ll be having with your thrall in combat is their reactivity, because yes, as we all know they can take some time to act…

Neither of those statements are true at all in my case.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that it didn’t work this way for you then. Good that you got it sorted in the end.

In this game it’s not so easy to establish what’s causing issues and what makes it avoid them, it’s just sthing i have been observing in hundreds hours of gameplay.
It has Always helped me and my friends to get things working and it still does.
It sounds Strange to me what you’re describing but i know for a fact that what is the case for someone may not be the case for someone else in this game.

Thanks for having explained your answer and have a good game !

Thank you for all the information shared over this thread, we’ve forwarded it to the developers as it will undoubtedly be helpful in this issue’s investigation!

1 Like

After the trick with the armor worked for past couple of days, I had yesterday a problem, I couldn’t resolve on my own. During our second farm run in Asgard, my thrall just stopped to fight again and even completely naked she wasn’t willing to fight. After a period of time, where she just was running with me and my buddy with a sword in her hands, doing nothing, she suddenly decided to switch weapons (i put a shield and a one hand sword in her inventory) and started fighting again… to me it looks like this issue has something to do with the server. some data doesn’t reach the thralls or I don’t know. It’s just weird…

3 Likes