They pass trough anyway
this is one of the major mistakes funcom has made, and this because of a few complainers saying it was too hard to get Grr legbitter, they should bring unique recipes to those thralls, cosmetics or even a better version of the armor as in the past (flawless recipes) that could get further improved by the professions, or simply reduce furhter the mats for certain items tehy could build,
thing with funcom is they wanted to make this game as casual as it possibly can, removing any challenges, making the game easier and easier, leaving people with anything else to do or pursue after certain level, it is like they want people to leave after certain objectives are completed (and they took some money) funny cause this hurts their bazaar business model,
this is what funcom needs to think the longer the player plays the game the more likely it is for players to support their game, and for those gamers to spend money on buildi pieces, or cosmetics.
they keep simplyfing the game more and more, instead of adding new things and challenges.
does not work, and its totally broken , peopple looses thralls every day.. so no idea what game you are playing ,it certainly seems not the same as others here with issues..
do you honestly think they care much about performance? the dcurrent state of the game tells a very very different message…
I disagree. ![]()
My reasoning:
I encounter the image that many forum users repeatedly reflect of their gaming experiences with Conan Exiles with a certain, increasingly entrenched ambivalence, which makes it difficult for me to answer the question … Are the things described and requested here necessary?
Why? Quite simply because I don’t have that experience at all, and I only play on official servers.
The bug that causes you to slide through the foundations has only happened to me twice in all my Conan Exiles time, and each time it was related to a specific player being logged into the official server - who, thankfully, can no longer get online. It was quickly fixed for me; I simply had to relog. However, I interpret the comments of one forum user here to mean that this foundation bug seems to affect them comprehensively and makes the entire game unplayable for them. But then I ask myself: What’s the problem that there are regular players who aren’t affected at all, or almost not at all?
And so the problems with the crafter thralls didn’t exist for me? … I can’t in any way confirm what’s happening to many other players here, and I find it somewhat disturbing. There must be a reason, a deciding factor, why I am not affected by some bugs which, however, feel omnipresent and should affect everyone without exception. In fact, my inherent skepticism about many things in life has also saved me from many unpleasant experiences in the past, because I don’t trust Funcom anymore when new, exciting, massive changes are announced. When the Age of Heroes was implemented, I remained skeptical and left all my craftsmen in their chests for a longer while because I suspected something might be wrong and the serious bug with the 0°-0°-coordinates proved me right. But after a few weeks, the bugs of the Living Settlement (at least as far as I’m concerned) seem to have been fixed, and that’s why I unfortunately can’t agree with this either.
But I feel sorry for all the people who seem to have had so many problems with whole new stuff from Age of Heroes.
![]()
So you are just going to ignore the countless proff, threads and users who are affected by this simply because it doesn’t happen to you?
So you see this:
So to you, somehow all the people on the forums collectively decided to want this thing turned off at the same time should not get what they want because it doesn’t affect you?
may as well just say “that’s, sad, but i don’t care” should be more appropriate in your post.
What do you want to hear from me now? My statement wasn’t an invitation to the debate club.
If such bugs happen to you and others, then that’s the way it is and it’s also a fact that I’m not affected by the bugs you linked to, or at least not anymore - just like more than twenty other regular players on the official server where I play regularly.
And just because you, or 18, or 31, or even 100 people post something here in the forum doesn’t mean it has to be representative. In the end, time and the associated financial success or failure of Conan Exiles will be the deciding factor, not what I, or you, or anyone else posts here in the forum.
My guess is to prop up the heroes, perhaps?
I have had decent luck and tragedy with living settlements (LS). I maintain several PC/Xbox officials and for most part each build is fully developed and has been designed to deal with LS and the requirements for proper pathing and interactable objects for the crafters. The goomba’s all path and perform accordingly to my design philosophy from the sprawling village to my pirate ship(s), they do a decent job pathing and performing the LS features. When and only when the build allows it. Anything less and it’s a disaster of AI randomly doing w/e it feels like. Currently, on my xbox servers since patch for it has been one disaster after another since LS was released. I have lost several good crafters one after another for some reason or another. My guess is that some death were from the werehyenas (WH). FC never bothered to prevent the WH’s from spawning while you are on someone else’s claim they did it for you whilst on your own claim though so that’s something at least.
We’ve both agreed on this frequently ![]()
Ya unfortunately as others have already explained the locking door mechanisms are not working. Additionally, some who unlock and accidentally kite a world boss to a base the boss will ignore building pieces and go through those unlocked “doors”.
I know it doesn’t seem like much with the results but at least they’re trying with each hotfix, patch and new addition. Plus they’re listening to the players with trying to push out things like door locks.
Which apparently does not work. When we get a requested option if it doesn’t work it’s no different then not getting it. Hell it’s actually worse.
To follow up those 2 artisans always at the door; first 2 low level, stopped piling up at the door when I added a bench and bed.
I’m still pushing hard for being able to turn it off per thrall.
I can say with certainty that based on my playstyle and mode if I didn’t artificially break/disable Living Settlements that I would lose most if not all crafter thralls to the death void. This is because of the cramped PVP base situation you’ve mentioned. While it’s certainly commonplace to have those cramped bases not everyone does this; and regardless players are still losing their crafters with seemingly enough room.
This is a conversation that will spill over into restricting/eliminating playstyles, building techniques, or as Uzuden mentioned above, player agency.
that is call being selfish. he does not care, that is fine, eveyrone is entiled to have their own opinions, (i dont share his)
you are posting on a discussion forum, either if you like it or not you are inviting people to debate it, if you dont want to debate, refrain yourself to post in a DISCUSSION FORUM. no one is forcing you to do it. ![]()
it is, for people suffering from it.
Devs just need to make living settlements a gameplay option rather than a server option.
That way each player can turn it on and off as they wish.
Problem fixed.
I play single player or coop mode and I’m able to play however I want, fortunately. Stopped playing online for a while now. Having way more fun single player.
We can think of this as such I believe, if you could share that would be helpful ![]()
I’m sorry to hear this has happened to you. When I played on PVE in the past I did things to prevent those exploits.
But this is another example as I said above of basically putting a bandaid on.
Your suggestion is great and I wonder to what extent Dynamic Building Damage works or can be adapted for PVE.
Communication might seem fluid but there’s a host of influences to how anyone does. Sometimes something as simple as not knowing a game mechanic that is intended can create assumptions or perhaps they’re not communicating their issue effectively. I do spend a lot of time here as I find it interesting. Plus I review all of the bug reports every Sunday so I can maintain the Bugs and Issues list. As a result I see how concerns are brought forth and it isn’t always clear. Sometimes it’s simply misinterpretation. Maybe that’s not what you meant but consider what I am saying.
If you had to relog to workaround sinking each time it’s still an issue; relogging was not a fix although it might have been enough for you, doesn’t mean it’s going to be enough for everyone and if I am to assume based on your further explanation, they never returned after the second instance? But you remind me, I’ve contemplated on this extensively. Performance issues can exacerbate some of the bugs experienced, perhaps by a server that badly needs a restart, maybe certain players need a better ISP or an upgrade that they didn’t realize they needed because FC never informed of the increased minimum requirements.
I can always tell when a player with resources intensive builds log into a server regardless of where I am on the map. It was long assumed that sinking is tied to performance, and issues that affect performance. What my theory was is the logic behind the player physics vs. building system and there was a blip in there for the worst of it - because at the time this started occurring is when they fixed a version of exploiting skybases.
Because it is not reliably reproducible. Some players have determined possible causes: pathing, build style, position of placeables, etc.,.. Clearly since March 25th these measures were not a guarantee.
I think you’re grossly exaggerating urgency and expectation. Bugs happen under a series of circumstances, there may even be multiple causes. Or multiple issues that present similarly. If you are not subject to those circumstances then you would not experience it.
Fortunate for you and that is great. Unfortunate for all the others that continued to experience lost thralls since AoH launch. Your experience did not mean it was fixed.
I purposely set up this post to ensure that it included multiple viewpoints, so don’t get me wrong, I appreciate you commenting and with that what I would like to know is how you and 20 other players on this specific Official are able to retain your thralls:
- How do your builds look?
- Large corridors for pathing?
- What mode is this?
- Is everyone checking their logs properly, periodically?
- What are the server settings, do they differ from the Official norm (because some are different)?
- If this is a PC server, does everyone have max spec rigs? If not, what console is it?
- Are Living Settlements broken by the player or are they left as is?
- Are all crafters, including a Barkeep, included in this mix?
This information not only could help the players but also Funcom to iron out the bugs.
Are your logs showing that werehyenas are the cause?
Kiki, the few I’ve lost were noted as died(2). Two were named, one was a tanner 2. None showed ‘killed by’, the rabbit did as killed by croc because he went through gates and/or fences. I’ve never lost a dancer, fighter or barkeep because once placed they don’t move (and I have two fighters guarding the tavern).
