Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: Local
I’ve noticed that I sometimes cannot place foundations on top of each other (getting the message “Failed to place building”) although there is nothing blocking them. After some testing, I’ve found out that it has something to do with trying to place foundations while standing inside the building destination. It can be quite annoying because the only way to fix the bugged spots is to remove adjacent foundations (usually one is enough, sometimes it has to be all of them).
Step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced:
- Place a 3x3 area of foundations (basic sandstone works, I’m assuming the other kinds do too).
- Prepare to place a foundation on top of the center of the 3x3 area (-> building indicator is yellow).
- Now walk into the center while still preparing to place the foundation (-> building indicator turns red because the player is standing inside the building destination).
- Try to place the foundation (-> “Invalid building placement”, the foundation won’t be placed). Everything is working as intended so far.
- Try to fill in the the full layer above the 3x3 area. Almost every time, at least one spot will be bugged (-> building indicator is yellow but placing the foundation results in message “Failed to place building”). It can be any of the 9 spots. I’ve tried filling in the area in fixed patterns but it did not result in the same spot being bugged all the time, so it appears to be completely random.
To fix the bug, remove the second (incomplete) 3x3 layer and place all blocks again while always standing outside of the building destinations.