Underground Bases

Using a special pick axe to hit at the ground and make a hole big enough to make a base. Like Minecraft. The ground will have a respawn timer if you decide to change your mind and not build there, and the Earth will generate back. It’ll be weird to think about, but it is a video game I guess. lol.
And if you build your base there and it gets destroyed or demolished, everything will regenerate back. Like when you clear an area for a base, and the base disappears and the trees and stone respawns.
And if you’re asking about people hiding their base and being completely undetectable, just look for a giant hole in the ground or a ceiling covering up the hole.
It sounds like a lot of work, but what do you guys think?

1 Like

It could be possible if Unreal4 wich is CE’s engine had Voxels, that allows terraforming, Everquest Next was going to do that, but Sony cancelled the game.

In any case, there is already Underground Bases :smile: but those are exploits, if you’re new to the forums, just wander a bit around the topics you will find ppl talking about.

2 Likes

I’ve been here for a few months maybe, but where can I go?

I like your idea. And unlike exploits, this would be a legitimate building method in the game. I love building in cliff sides, so boring into the cliff to expand my base would be great.

1 Like

The current map set up doesn’t support it. The map surface is more like a sheet and they place objects and resources on top. They would have to reconstruct the entire map. I like the idea but I have to say no based on the time and money they would have to sink into it to get the results your looking for.

1 Like

well 7 days to die has this feature where you can dig tunnels under ground to mine resources but to build underground as well so it can be done as long as they have the concept for it i have mentioned this same very idea in the past and it is a really likeable idea to many… where there is rock or dirt either the ground or a wall of a mountain or cliff that you can build up to or down to and burrow into the side or straight down in ground that would be another awesome thing to have …

2 Likes

the idea being posted is all that counts though… if they see people talking about it more and more eventually the talk they had about revisiting the map…and redoing it… which they would leave the game as is till its complete but once the map had its remake then they would replace the old with the new… but its the peoples suggestions that come in many like votes that give them the willingness to make something happen…

1 Like

I have played 7dtd but again that isn’t how the map is built rocks are actually hollow same with mountains the ground is thin and you can actual fall through it if you really try.

1 Like

i know that but just the amount of posts that have spoken on this idea would give the devs a reason to see what they can do…

1 Like

It’s been posted 100+ times across the various fora, but sure. One more time doesn’t hurt.

1 Like
3 Likes

What a great find. Look at this @Mikey. I am really amazed q9c9p. I will never say never again. :open_mouth:

I’m gonna go get a knife and carve me out a nice big slice of sarcasm pie. So delicious! :wink:

1 Like

@Mikey Ok 100++ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::birthday: Nevertheless a cool find

Oh sure it’s a cool bit of technology, it just doesn’t apply to CE in any way, shape or form :blush:

1 Like

Im no programmer, but I get the feeling that this would be extremely hard to do lol.

It would make for one hell of a game though, and a game I would play for sure!

In my spare time I’m making my own zombie-horde-voxel using that plugin, but i’m going at snail pace.
Lets say a unreal engine 7 days to die version.

1 Like

Yes, it’s very performance intensive.

1 Like

Not going to happen.

1 Like

I have a feeling this kind of change would essentially be like starting the game over from scratch.

Or at least near enough to that to not make much difference.

2 Likes