Undocumented Change White Rhinos

Game mode: Any
Type of issue: Potential Bug
Server type: Any
Region: Any

Since all undocumented changes that are posted to the Testlive or Live patch notes are being considered a “potential bug” according to this tweet: https://twitter.com/igmiro/status/1332534415499653122?s=20 or actually needs to be confirmed by the QA team (not sure which it is to be honest) according to this forum post: Funcom please do not do this!. The following changes were made and not documented and are therefore considered a potential bug. Please consider fixing these “potential bugs” or potentially get confirmation from the QA team on fixing them.

Someone let the White Rhinos into the Exiled Lands, They are undocumented and cannot produce the proper paperwork when the authorities request it. I really hope that I can go back to using my judgement on what changes Funcom does not document and makes instead of reporting everything you leave out of the patch notes for whatever reason.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Get put in time out
  2. Report everything that Funcom may not know
  3. Because it was not in patch notes but you don’t want to get in trouble again.
4 Likes

While i applaud you for reporting all of this, i really hope this doesn’t become a thing. Imagine having to test every single aspect of your usual tools and items just to avoid getting them nerfed, every single major patch

2 Likes

It’s called regression testing and is usually what a QA team is supposed to do. It’s also helps if the development process is setup in a way that helps to minimize/identify unintentional changes.

Not sure what Funcom’s problem is. Probably a combination of inadequate staffing, inadequate tooling and suboptimal you-structured assets/code.

shrug

2 Likes

I wonder if this gets into the “haha guys, its on testlive, we are testing haha” but that implies that if no one mentions every undocumented change, it would be shipped that way. I really hope its just an oversight and hopefully won’t be a common ocurrence.

It’s really sad we have to do this, whats even more amazing to me is one day I decided to watch the “Credits” on the home Screen and the amount of Testers it list was staggering considering how many things get thru every patch.

Funcom needs to fire every tester and get new ones, that is what I’m learning.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.