Unfair creature farming method and addition of new servers

Lol people disagree with you? Must be twitter’s fault. It couldn’t possibly be you’re just wrong?

5 Likes

Well, Funcom has said in the past that there were issues with trying to give NPCs the ability to climb. So if the monsters can’t go “up” to meet their opponents, bring the opponents down to meet them.

Thus, one thing that Funcom could do to “balance” the Maelstrom enemies (since they are monsters unseen before)… give them a “grapple” or “pull” mechanic.

Give monsters the ability to pull those “cheesers” off the rocks and down to the ground to get pounced on.

Yes, it would require additional animations and art. It would require some testing to balance it (say give it the same distance that an arrow or orb can go). And that “grapple” could inflict poison (since that what the gas arrows are doing). But it might be do-able.

2 Likes

It’s a good idea, but I’m assuming any solutions will tend towards simplifying the mechanic rather than making it more complex. At this point, it seems like the most straight-forward solution is to increase mob difficulty while reducing the spawn rate, which will reduce the lag that is destabilizing servers. If they change their mind and decide that gas arrows from the rocks is not an intended mechanic, the easiest way to address that would be to make the rocks unclimbable.

The problem is that they’re not disagreeing with me. They’re disagreeing with a strawman. One that I explicitly denounced multiple times.

They, and you, are doing it because you can’t acknowledge what has actually been written. If you did, whether you agreed or not, it would require that you accept at least some small level of personal responsibility for your own actions, which of course is a completely absurd thing to do these days.

In theory, the huge spiders with tall, upright bodies and incisors, should be enough to accomplish a similar mechanic to Scorpion’s “get over here”. They have a ranged attack. They should be getting hit by that even on the higher ledges.

On rocks, they will definitely get hit by that a lot more.

So, chances are they at least have to potion heal up there to keep up with the damage. They spawn fairly frequently in the storm as well – they’re not a rare creature that will spawn once in a while to keep you on your toes.

Those spiders should be a high priority target because eventually they will wear you down if you don’t kill them and you won’t last inside the storm to the end. (And they have a heck of a lot of HP.)

Once you get that mob around you, it’s kind of hard to get out of it.
So it’s kinda do or die with this tactic.

Again, it’s been called officially not an exploit, unless something changes. So it’s a tactic. The real issue remains with the server lag, but hopefully early access is going to address that. (And from reports, the lag happens whenever anyone is farming inside the storm, regardless of the tactic they are using.)

1 Like

No, you’ve been saying it’s an exploit the whole time and arguing with everyone calling into question your logic.

Your definition of “exploit” is too broad.

It has officially been said that it is not an exploit. You can’t get more straightforward than that.

Well in that case you should be able to tell me exactly what it is I said was an exploit and why.

I’m pretty sure he’s referring to this:

“Cheesing” a mob has never been considered an exploit. Everyone but you will admit that. You won’t admit it even after we get official word that standing on the rocks and shooting gas arrows - “cheesing” the mobs - is absolutely not an exploit and in fact is an intended mechanic.

Purposefully lagging a server? That’s another issue entirely. But it requires intent, and is a much more complicated issue than your overly simplistic and incorrect statement that “cheesing” is an exploit.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I thought. You failed as well.

Still, it’s amazing how you can can sit there and say with a straight face that the way it works now is intended, despite the glaringly obvious flaw that, at least according to one poster in here, was broken enough to fix in the newer version of the engine.

No one has ever said that. We all agree the mechanic needs to be fixed. But your statement that “cheesing” is an exploit is wrong no matter how you cut it, and the fact that your arrogance prevents you from simply admitting that is amusing to say the least.

3 Likes

Oh really?

If you can’t grasp that an intended mechanic can break the game, and thus is not an exploit while still requiring fixing, then there is no further purpose to this conversation. I have a hunch, however, that is not the case. You just don’t want to admit that you were wrong about “cheesing” :wink:

1 Like

That’s just incredible. “an intended mechanic can break the game, and thus is not an exploit”

It’s as if all logic has been sucked away into a black hole. You literally just told me that an exploit is not an exploit because it’s an exploit and therefore not an exploit.

:man_shrugging:

Guess if I need an example of the futility of exploit threads in the future, I’ll know where to look.

Exploit. “You keep on a-using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

5 Likes

I’d have more of an issue with this if it wasn’t the only viable method of farming ??? Without taking a week to be able to do a top level summon. Currently the 3 skull bosses that drop the greater ??? Appear to be more myth than reality and the server spawns in endless mobs with no chance at harvesting the bodies that cause the lag.

Add an option to increase the swirling chaos value of unstable ??? So servers can decrease the maelstrom spawns to stop or decrease the lag.

There is no incentive to farm at the outer edges of the maelstrom and maybe get 60 unstable ??? When you can go to the broken centre of the map where infinite mobs spawn and you can farm 300+ unstable ??? Per group With less than 100 poison arrows. I’ll happily put up with 1000 ping for half an hour standing still if it means I don’t have to spend 4-5 hours killing slower waves of trash mobs

Problem is, the whole server has to put up with it.

It is unfortunate, but is still the only feasible way to farm it currently. To anyone outside the storm dealing with the ping I happily invite them to find their own rock to shoot poison arrows from while stationary for half an hour

3 Likes

objection your honour, defence doesnt’ speak for the conan community and is making general sweeping statements of said communities position :slight_smile:

TBH… cheesing is tolerated in degrees of use… me standing on a bit of raised mesh in the terrain to poke a 3skull mob boss …sure… cheese away and its technically an exploit but its one of those “its hurting nobody but your self” moments of behaviour.

Going to the middle with 10 people, dragging the server down to a 1 FPS or less crawl followed by 1024+ ping crashing… sorry… you abused the tolerance levels here is where we cross over into the territory of cheesing to outright technical exploit with full weight punishment to match.

I think thats all we are openly haggling here… to what degree do we all accept cheesing to exploititive destructive behaviours.

I’d even go so far as to say spamming blocks on spawns is also up there in the exploit category as well… but thats me… old fashioned and all.

1 Like

Well I may just be seeing the best in people here but I believe that these players including myself would probably go down and harvest the hundreds of corpses that are causing the lag.

That is of course if there wasn’t 2-3 enemies spawning ever few seconds that would stun lock and kill us. I will say the first time my tribe mate was trapped on a rock and didn’t kill anything there was no performance drop so I strongly believe that it is in fact the dead bodies causing the issue.

Unfortunately though the game does not allow us to do this and is still the only viable way to farm for summons. I still think that increasing the value of unstable ??? And decreasing max maelstrom spawns of default would solve this issue

2 Likes