Unnamed City Drops Nerfed hard?

And people say the PVE in this game is hard lol.

FoP is 100% (or is whn i play). The kits are hit or miss.

Is that a PS4 thing, then? Cause I always get kits from UC bosses. Sometimes itā€™s a weapon kit, sometimes itā€™s an armor kit, but always one or the other. Relic Hunter heroes used to drop them consistently, too, but now theyā€™re hit or miss.

on Xbox I can confirm itā€™s a hit or miss you donā€™t get a kit ALL the time, frag. yes 100% drop rate

1 Like

I think on few i have not gotten a kit. But would have to run it a few times, and have been on stress break, so no CE.

1 Like

Since I play PVE exclusively, I have no desire to have in-game conflict. This is my relaxation and decompression from my corporate gig, where there is enough conflict to fill any need.

1 Like

Yes, I also play PVE nowadays. I gave up on PVE-C because thereā€™s no real conflict in there and PVP is something I wouldnā€™t touch with a 10-foot pole for various reasons.

The comment was meant more as an illustration of how RNG mechanics have a negative impact on other aspects of the game, rather than a proposal for an actual replacement of RNG mechanics.

To be honest, Iā€™m tired of discussing possible alternatives to RNG, because I know Funcom will never have any interest in replacing it with anything better and because the selection bias means that the majority of CE players are perfectly fine with RNG and will defend it tooth and nail.

Nowadays my gripes about the slot machine gameplay are mostly a token gesture. Itā€™s kinda like living in a place where you got used to garbage littering the street, but you still complain about it because it shouldnā€™t be there.

2 Likes

You and me seem to have similar feeling on CE. We see so much more potential in a variety of mechanics, but we both understand that 3rd year in means that little of anything will change to re-diret the game towards its full potential. It has basically become a cult follwing on the game (and i am tied into that cult because of the things it does well), and will never reach the mass appeal it could have.

1 Like

I understand. when I get Mistmorn from the Croc boss and crappy daggers from the Red Mother, it is annoying.

2 Likes

I love to farm unnamed city and level my new thralls. I farm 100 fragment each time and get only wight blade and heated argument :disappointed_relieved: the crom swords are not dropping as much now many other people believe this also

1 Like

PArt of the problem is legendaries arenā€™t really that legendary. The RNG makes some more rare than others, but legendary should have some significance. The armor and weapons system tries to emulate deep RPG loot, but because there is no real difference between most legendaries, and in reality you do not need them at all for any of the PVE (I am not counting craft-ables as legendaryā€“like venom infused weaponsā€“because, well, you can craft them with easy to obtain materials).

As far as nerfed drops, it is pure RNG that is it. I know someone who has/had 20 swords fo croms, and i finally got my first one a few weeks back even though we put in close to same amount of UC farmingā€¦

2 Likes

it can be

1 Like

The loot table was changed to a 1% chance drop rate not sure when that was done. However I still find themā€¦ Canā€™t get a final breath of the red mother to save my life thoā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.